The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am guessing that the pier/dock area is being done first, as it's the most visable section of the construction. They could also open it back up to the public once it's completed to add viewing angles for the night show, and take down one of those construction walls. So I think we will see that area open way before the other part of the park opens.

Has anyone thought what a london street scene will mean for the first HHN after opening (jack the ripper theme)

^That's a genuis idea. Could see a Diagon Alley/ London street with lots of fog to add to the effect. But as BJCool said J.K won't want anyone toying around with her idea. I don't even think she'd agree to having a small shark statue somewhere on the ride as a wee nod to Jaws (similar to the Golden Kong on the Mummy).

I was thinking about this yesterday and Universal has a unique opportunity on their hands. They are building Harry Potter rides, shops, etc. but the way to access those is through "London" and specifically Diagon Alley. This means they will have a modern "London" area, not a Harry Potter area, that guests walk through unless they specifically desire to enter Diagon Alley. If I was building this area, I would leave that on the table as a non-HP zone that can be used for other events, such as HHN.

I was thinking about this yesterday and Universal has a unique opportunity on their hands. They are building Harry Potter rides, shops, etc. but the way to access those is through "London" and specifically Diagon Alley. This means they will have a modern "London" area, not a Harry Potter area, that guests walk through unless they specifically desire to enter Diagon Alley. If I was building this area, I would leave that on the table as a non-HP zone that can be used for other events, such as HHN.

Hopefully they can work out a deal to use Diagon Alley for HHN, but if not, it is very nice to have London to use as a scare zone.

And there are multiple dump trucks Delivering dirt to both Potter and the SS44 site.

Comparing Gringotts to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is like comparing an F-22 to a remote control plane. Yea they both fly...but one is clearly superior to the other.

That's a good point tbh. The way Universal have been going recently this new extension is going to be mind-blowing but Disney aren't going to make a half-assed attraction. Both will be unbelievable but Universal have the upper hand IMO.

Back in Scotland now so I'm counting on you guys to keep me up to date!

Last edited:
Mine are up, tried getting up close shots but no luck whatsoever. But I did see for myself a few things. And Teebin, I didnt see your comment until like 10 minutes ago lol. My camera was nothing special so Hateto has you covered on that front

Reactions: Swiminn6
Status
Not open for further replies.