Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Amity Demolition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me Tenacious Teebin... FOUND IT! It is a Cofferdam system called PortaDam. WEEEEEEE!

IMG_1902.jpg

Image-63a.jpg

PP_RiverFig1.jpg

So, the water will be held back by heavy plastic... not steel. Now we know what to expect before it happens. That pleases me.

Last edited:
Nothing changed from yesterday's photos in the visible areas. :thumbs:

Has anyone thought what a london street scene will mean for the first HHN after opening (jack the ripper theme)[/QUOTE]

^That's a genuis idea. Could see a Diagon Alley/ London street with lots of fog to add to the effect. But as BJCool said J.K won't want anyone toying around with her idea. I don't even think she'd agree to having a small shark statue somewhere on the ride as a wee nod to Jaws (similar to the Golden Kong on the Mummy).

I don't have time to read through the rest of this thread someone may have already said it but I think they will build a Gringotts Bank and that will have a Mummy style ride inside it. It will be Universal's attempt at the new Seven Dwarfs ride at Magic Kingdom.

Should be good to see it but I'm still not sure if I'm happy about a WWOHP expansion:blank:

Comparing Gringotts to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is like comparing an F-22 to a remote control plane. Yea they both fly...but one is clearly superior to the other.

Superiority is a matter of opinion. A family bringing their young child to Disney would much prefer seven dwarfs over gringotts because their child would not be tall enough to ride it.

Superiority is a matter of opinion. A family bringing their young child to Disney would much prefer seven dwarfs over gringotts because their child would not be tall enough to ride it.

:blank:

You know what I meant.

And considering we don't know what the height requirement is for either...we should probably hold off on that.

:blank:

You know what I meant.

And considering we don't know what the height requirement is for either...we should probably hold off on that.

I know. As a coaster gringots is going to rock snow's socks off. On the other hand we can't really compare the two because they are shooting at two completely different demographics.

The only thing that has come close to what I would like to see for gringotts is that bear ride in Hong Kong(?) that JS posted a few days ago. The one video'd at night. I loved how it went on and on and the animated scenes were extended. Kind of like Mummy, but longer and not as startling. Unlike Mummy, I think Gringotts should present the problems ahead instead of shocking us with speed. Also, two more scenes than the bear ride, at least.

I know. As a coaster gringots is going to rock snow's socks off. On the other hand we can't really compare the two because they are shooting at two completely different demographics.

Ehh..I think he means in regards to actual ride quality, not demographics. For example CARS at DCA is aimed at a younger demo., but it's a AAA attraction. Based on what we've been hearing (only 1 show scene, a short track) this will be much smaller in scale to what Univerasl is doing with this supposed bank coaster. Expect Universal to try an top their own Potter ride, which just opened.

The only thing that has come close to what I would like to see for gringotts is that bear ride in Hong Kong(?) that JS posted a few days ago. The one video'd at night. I loved how it went on and on and the animated scenes were extended. Kind of like Mummy, but longer and not as startling. Unlike Mummy, I think Gringotts should present the problems ahead instead of shocking us with speed. Also, two more scenes than the bear ride, at least.

I missed this, can someone post a link again? Thanks

I hope that the drained area pictures come soon. I really want to see: what the base of the lagoon is made of, the foundation structure in the areas where the fake rock shoreline occurs, whether water intakes and outflows exist in that vicinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.