Universal Orlando Resort's Photographic-phobia | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort's Photographic-phobia

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thats what you need a manager for.

Listen, Mousesteps, Theme Park Review, and another site who's name escapes me were told point blank at the special Despicable Me press event with the Universal Creative lead that they were not to take or post any pictures of SS44. This is fact. A manager told them this. It's policy.

And they can make you leave, it's private property.

Yup! I want a pic of the guy telling people to stop. And then of the manager. Till then im not with this.

I can do it too.

So today I went to Universal and took 50 GREAT photos of the SS 44 site. Then Security came over and told me to stop. They then made me delete all my pics. Darn I had some good pics. Oh well... I'm great for taking pics!

Yup! I want a pic of the guy telling people to stop. And then of the manager. Till then im not with this.

I can do it too.

So today I went to Universal and took 50 GREAT photos of the SS 44 site. Then Security came over and told me to stop. They then made me delete all my pics. Darn I had some good pics. Oh well... I'm great for taking pics!

You expected me to take a picture of the guy telling me to stop?

I can do it too.

One person stating something vs. over 10 different people (some from independent sites) is a completely different beast. :doh:

Listen, Mousesteps, Theme Park Review, and another site who's name escapes me were told point blank at the special Despicable Me press event with the Universal Creative lead that they were not to take or post any pictures of SS44. This is fact. A manager told them this. It's policy.

And they can make you leave, it's private property.

Ok first off that is at a press event. Its common at all press events for companies to give rules to the media.

And no they cant remove you from property for taking pics in public area and for asking for a manager.

If they even tried to then you get a lwayer and contact the press to start a media blitz about this DUMB policy.

Oh and show me where it says on the ticket they can tell you not to take pictures? Where does it say they will remove you from the park for doing this? By selling me a ticket they do NOT own my life. They can not tell me to kiss a stranger, eat dirt, don't eat pizza. They cant stop me from riding any ride if its open. AND they can't stop me from taking pics while in publis space.

ASK FOR A MANAGER AND ASK THEM WHY YOU CAN'T!! TELL THEM TO BUILD BIGGER WALLS!! TELL THEM YOU'RE TAKING PICS OF THE SKYLINE FOR YOUR VACATION ALBUM!!

ITS BS!! THAT THEY WOULD ASK PEOPLE TO STOP!!

- - - Updated - - -

You expected me to take a picture of the guy telling me to stop?

Yes!! People take pictures of cops all the time!! You every hear of Rodney King?

Take the picture of him b4 he says something. Take the pic right b4 he speaks!

Anyone else here thinking the same thing after reading some of these posts? :blank:

5055032357_69d1d1be72.jpg

Reactions: BJCool
You are bordering on TROLL Millionaire2K. It would be a shame for you to be removed from the site for being so contradictory to every statement made by well known and well liked members.

I'm not a troll. I just think this is nonsence. Tomorrow I will call Universal and ask their policy on taking pictures.

IF IT IS POLICY it just shows how messed up it is!! I normally do not get so worked up over something. But this just seems stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

You are bordering on TROLL Millionaire2K. It would be a shame for you to be removed from the site for being so contradictory to every statement made by well known and well liked members.

What I'm not allowed to disagree? What? How is that trolling?

I'm not a troll. I just think this is nonsence. Tomorrow I will call Universal and ask their policy on taking pictures.

IF IT IS POLICY it just shows how messed up it is!! I normally do not get so worked up over something. But this just seems stupid.

It is stupid. But that doesn't mean it isn't happening. The 10 or so people I talked to today weren't making it up. One of the guys on my site's staff wasn't making it up. It's real.

"User agrees that Universal may refuse or expel any person whose conduct is objectionable"

This is printed on my annual pass. Not sure if they would extend this policy to taking pictures, but I guess if you refuse to do something you are told by an employee, you are being objectionable. No picture taking is a stupid policy either way.

So Millionaire2K, we are saying that if you still randomly deny the existence of these "You over there! Stop taking pictures!!" situations since everyone else realizes the factual nature of these claims, then that would make you a troll.

But yes, our common ground here is that most of us here can agree that these practices of TMs are ludicrous.

I will call WKMG tomorrow. Anyone who has been hassled want to appear on local TV for an interview? Let's make a federal case out of it. "LOCAL THEME PARK BANNING ALL PHOTOGRAPHY". I'll call OSHA too as some of what they are doing doesn't seem safe, to me at least.

So Millionaire2K, we are saying that if you still randomly deny the existence of these "You over there! Stop taking pictures!!" situations since everyone else realizes the factual nature of these claims, then that would make you a troll.

But yes, our common ground here is that most of us here can agree that these practices of TMs are ludicrous.

Sorry about that. I just grew up learning "don't trust everything you read on the internet". I just wanted to see this in action by asking SOMEONE to take a pic. And when some members are able to get AMAZING pics I find this even hard to fathem.

I DO AGREE ITS A STUPID POLICY IF IT EXIST.

NOT TRYING TO GET RESPONCES!! IM NOT TRYING TO ANGER ANY OF YOU!!

I guess I do not want to convict Universal of having a DUMB policy until I see proof. I guess Im a bigger Universal fan then I ever knew. I guess Juror number 12 is a hold out.

Last edited:
Also, a set up would be cool... one or two people videoing the photographer from a distance while he refuses to delete pictures and refuses to stop taking pictures. The local news would love that.

All I know is if I'm getting yelled at for something as ridiculous as taking pictures at a theme park, then they need to figure out how to treat their guests. If Universal has no problem biting the hand that feeds them, it will blow up in their face.

Oh and show me where it says on the ticket they can tell you not to take pictures? Where does it say they will remove you from the park for doing this AND they can't stop me from taking pics while in publis space.

I'm going to be technical here. Universal Orlando is private property. Just as you could have the police remove me from your yard/house, NBCUniversal can have you removed for objectionable conduct or breaking rules as someone here has already shown with language from their annual pass.

Unless you're standing on Turkey Lake Rd, Kirkman, or flying at a certain height, you are not on or in public space.

And this happened to too many people that I trust and /or work withto believe it's a serious problem right now. I can only imagine how normal guests feel when they are attacked by the "tourists" in Amity or security around ss44

Reactions: JokerMan0925

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts