Universal Orlando Resort's Photographic-phobia | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort's Photographic-phobia

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm going to be technical here. Universal Orlando is private property. Just as you could have the police remove me from your yard/house, NBCUniversal can have you removed for objectionable conduct or breaking rules as someone here has already shown with language from their annual pass.
Unless you're standing on Turkey Lake Rd, Kirkman, or flying at a certain height, you are not on or in public space.

So is "not claping at a show" objectionable conduct or breaking rules just because they tell me to do so? There are legal limits.

Also I'm not trying to tell someone to get kicked out of the park. Im just saying ask to speak to a manager. They cannot kick you out of the park for that.

If someone ask you to stop PLEASE stop.

If Universal asked ME to stop I would say I will, but let me speak with a manager as to why I have to.

A fews years ago I went to Hersheypark and they did not let me on Storm runner at 8:30 when the parked closed at 9. They said they were closing the queue early because its close to closing. Many people were still in line waiting for the ride. They did NOT post that they would do this. I did NOT bend over like all the other guest. I kindly asked to speak to the manager. He then came after like 10 mins. I then explained what was going on. He then escored me to the "FRONT OF THE LINE". I rode Storm Runner. He then told me that the staff was wrong and they would be delt with. He then offered me a free pass to come back and I did not take it because I was a Season Pass holder.

All im saying is just ask to speak to a Manager to find out why. It is not grounds to kick you out of the park.

Last edited:
So is "not claping at a show" objectionable conduct or breaking rules just because they tell me to do so? There are legal limits.

Also I'm not trying to tell someone to get kicked out of the park. Im just saying ask to speak to a manager. They cannot kick you out of the park for that.

If someone ask you to stop PLEASE stop.

If Universal asked ME to stop I would say I will, but let me speak with a manager as to why I have to.

A fews years ago I went to Hersheypark and they did not let me on Storm runner at 8:30 when the parked closed at 9. They said they were closing the queue early because its close to closing. Many people were still in line waiting for the ride. They did NOT post that they would do this. I did NOT bend over like all the other guest. I kindly asked to speak to the manager. He then came after like 10 mins. I then explained what was going on. He then escored me to the "FRONT OF THE LINE". I rode Storm Runner. He then told me that the staff was wrong and they would be delt with. He then offered me a free pass to come back and I did not take it because I was a Season Pass holder.

All im saying is just ask to speak to a Manager to find out why. It is not grounds to kick you out of the park.

I'll tell you what happened to me. My wife and me were down for our anniversary trip last week. I do some posting and blogging for another site, so naturally I was trying to get a few shots here and there to post. They were moving in some heavy equipment and a few regular pickup trucks, I was standing by the gate closest to Starbucks with my iPhone out trying to get a "money" shot. I was approached by a construction work who was very nice. He said that security and TM's are not allowing pictures and are actually making people delete all pictures of construction sites when they approach you. He told me that if I didn't want the hassle, I should move on. I took it as my cue to get out of there with what I had before security came. I did see a few people being told by managers to stop taking pictures. I even had one give me a good eyeing when I was simply peeking through a gap in the fence by Shrek, no camera or iPhone in hand.

You don't have to believe it, but it seems to be the new policy.

Last edited:
This is just my personal opinion but I do believe we are all making mountains out of molehills. Let's all talk about it some more so we can ruin it for those who can go in calmly and get us good photo updates

Okay, two things:

1. Does anyone think this may have been caused by the crafty photography that exposed the plans of CineSpec a worker had out on a raft months ago?

2. Is it possible that in addition to discussing what is replacing SS44, Uni also made TMs aware of this new crackdown on photos policy at the "private TM meeting" over a month ago?

This is just my personal opinion but I do believe we are all making mountains out of molehills. Let's all talk about it some more so we can ruin it for those who can go in calmly and get us good photo updates

Or we can talk about it some more so Universal realizes they're being moronic about the situation and lightens up.

Okay, two things:

1. Does anyone think this may have been caused by the crafty photography that exposed the plans of CineSpec a worker had out on a raft months ago?

2. Is it possible that in addition to discussing what is replacing SS44, Uni also made TMs aware of this new crackdown on photos policy at the "private TM meeting" over a month ago?

I'd assume it's number 1. But it's not our fault they were dumb and left the plans lying out in plain view.

Phew, this is a hot topic. On one hand, of course we want to see pictures of the construction progress. Seeing construction progress is one of the main reasons these fan communities exist. On the other hand, we shouldn't be showing anger towards anyone related to the construction. I'm not defending Universal or its management, but the Comcast acquisition is still fresh and we shouldn't give a bad impression. Seek answers, but don't make demands.

Phew, this is a hot topic. On one hand, of course we want to see pictures of the construction progress. Seeing construction progress is one of the main reasons these fan communities exist. On the other hand, we shouldn't be showing anger towards anyone related to the construction. I'm not defending Universal or its management, but the Comcast acquisition is still fresh and we shouldn't give a bad impression. Seek answers, but don't make demands.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with this. They should be the ones not making bad impressions. And so far they have been GREAT. Better than great really, with all the projects they've greenlit.

But this is now how you treat your guests.

They probably don't want people to post these construction photos online to deter other guests from visiting. It certainly doesn't look like the tidiest job. However, it's one thing to deny photography while on rides or over a construction wall but walking down the street which is accessible to any paying guest is just absurd. Do a better job of hiding your mess.

Regardless, I'll certainly try my luck next week when I'm there. :smiley:

^It's 2012 Skip. Ready your bomb shelter.

nQ7pC.jpg

I don't believe that the wording on the ticket actually give Universal the right to remove people from the property. (Although I am going of the law system in Australia, but it should be very similar to yours.)

"User agrees that Universal may refuse or expel any person whose conduct is objectionable"

This requires the person to do something that is objectionable. Although taking pictures is not really an objectionable action. Plus it can't be just Universal who finds the action objectionable (if taken to court) the judge/magistrate also needs to find it an objectionable action. I doubt any judge would find this to be an objectionable action since it is taken from inside public/guest areas of the park, with no park rules broken to get them. Also not everything that you agree to on the ticket gets the park out of issues, as many of the conditions are very opinion based.

Just wait until Potter starts Uni air space will be declared a no fly zone, all the residents in the apartments will have their doors and windows blacked out and nailed shut, and you will have to hand over your SD cards upon exiting the turn styles.

I sent an email to Guest Services asking them their policy on in park photographs and construction zones. Will find out the official policy in about a day. :thumbs:

did you get a call back from them? anytime i email guest services i always get a call. its annoying. if i wanted to speak to them i would have called instead of email.