Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My memory is a bit hazy, too, but I don't remember fog. Just dimmed lights and the music loop being played backward--which was surprisingly effective.

I don't even remember the music backwards either lol. I had some crazy nights back then, wish I could remember more of it. What I do remember though are lots of bubbles and green lasers lights in Toon Lagoon area Bill & Ted in the TL theater. Also PsychoScareapy house that was in the bottom floor of JP Discovery Center, ill never forget that bathroom scene or smells lol.

There are two holding areas. one in Kidzone and one in New York.

If you use Kidzone your first house will be House of Horrors followed by Alice Cooper. In New York the first house that opens is Silent Hill.

Thanks for the info! I think I'll go for Kidzone as I want to be sure to hit the Penn & Teller house that night.

I ended up recording all of the Frankenstein/Classic Monsters Cinematic Spectacular and a good portion of the Hitchcock one. I'll be uploading them shortly. :thumbs:

They definitely add to the experience though. Even if you're not watching it, the lasers can be seen from quite a few areas and it makes everything seem more hectic and active which I liked.

Best use of lasers ever at a HHN event was for HHN 13 when the entire Toon Zone was engulfed in Fog and they had a laser waving above your head like a wave in water...I miss zones like this from the past...

Question.
Cine Spec isn't running it's normal show during HHN obviously, but what about on like a non HHN night. It'll still be playing then right?

From what I can tell, yes. It seems like it's only "not taking place" on HHN nights.

Here's what Universal's website says:

9/23 - 9/24 & 9/26: Show time at 8:00pm

Universal's Cinematic Spectacular will not take place on the following dates: 9/25, 9/27 - 9/30, 10/4 - 10/7, 10/11 - 10/14, 10/16 - 10/21, 10/24 - 10/28, 10/31, 11/15, 12/5.

Best use of lasers ever at a HHN event was for HHN 13 when the entire Toon Zone was engulfed in Fog and they had a laser waving above your head like a wave in water...I miss zones like this from the past...

Ahh those were the good ole days :smiley: I like when then they filled up the Toon Lagoon area with all that foam, you had to see it early in the night since it dissolved a lot with everyone walking thru though.

New London walkway should help some with the crowd flow concerns we've had. The World Expo bridge links directly to the new pathway and will yield better flow with B&T exiting. Not sure if the path is wider, but I'm going to assume it is from what I've seen.

New London walkway should help some with the crowd flow concerns we've had. The World Expo bridge links directly to the new pathway and will yield better flow with B&T exiting. Not sure if the path is wider, but I'm going to assume it is from what I've seen.

At this point, anything is better than that mess. Anyone see the storyteller's picture in Dead End?

Here's the video I promised of the full (minus 2 seconds or so in the beginning) "Classic Monsters" Cinematic Spectacular. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;dTkUZVfDlYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTkUZVfDlYk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

"Felt" more open last night, not sure if it was or an optical illusion. Definitely helped with crowd flow, which is good, because last night was busy for ANY Thursday, let alone a Thusday in September. Not sure if it's capacity or the event being more popular this year, but feels insanely crowded.

"Felt" more open last night, not sure if it was or an optical illusion. Definitely helped with crowd flow, which is good, because last night was busy for ANY Thursday, let alone a Thusday in September. Not sure if it's capacity or the event being more popular this year, but feels insanely crowded.

If its that crowded now on a weekend day its going to be chaotic towards the end of October. Doesn't bode well for me if I go later in Oct.

It feels a lot busier this year than it was last year. I remember being able to do most of the houses at the end of the night with minimal waiting and being able to do multiple run throughs in the last half hour or so. So far this year, I haven't been able to do that at all.

Took advantage of the AP area today in Kidzone and we moved fast, so we ended up being able to do two runs in each house tonight and take in another showing in Bill and Ted. But we still had some hefty waits at times.

So what would be the best plan as far as hitting houses with the Passholder Night?

I don't know why, but they seem to be consistently under-estimating the wait times by quite a bit on most of the houses. On Thursday night they had Gothic at a 10 minute wait, but the line was stretched back to the fence of the Twister holding area which is more like a 45-60 wait. The really odd thing is that some of the greeters seem to know that the times are wrong and will tell you the "real" time if you ask, but don't seem inclined to change the signs (manual or digital). It seems that the only lines they've been somewhat accurate on regularly are Silent Hill and Walking Dead.