Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm feeling better about the event overall but as Brian noted their are some flaws that hopefully will be tweaked. The hordes are just jacked up imo. I don't like it. I feel like in previous years a scare zone was almost an attraction. It was something I would visit once or twice before I left for the night just like I would a house. Now I find myself with one less house and a bunch of randomness on the streets.

My feelings exactly. In the past the scare zones that I really liked I would visit multiple times before leaving. To me, this is just a bunch scareactors roaming around. Feels very disconnected.

I will reserve my feelings on the houses until I go again.

I'm a big fan of Halloween events in general and was just trying to get everyone's opinion. I have never done the unmasking the horror tour and was wondering if I should do that for HHN or use that money and go to HOS. What are your suggestions?

I'm a big fan of Halloween events in general and was just trying to get everyone's opinion. I have never done the unmasking the horror tour and was wondering if I should do that for HHN or use that money and go to HOS. What are your suggestions?

It's all a matter of what you're looking for. UTH won't provide you scares, the general atmosphere of a haunt event, and it is only 2 hours long. HOS has all of that stuff and is open for at least 5 1/2 hours. However, if you're more into behind the scenes stuff and not going through houses w/ actors to be scared, UTH is probably better suited for you.

It's hard for me to give a perfect opinion on this though because I haven't had the chance to do UTH yet.

IMO use the money to do HOS. The SS haunts while good are not worth the tour this year.

Just looking for some advice from the Pros here.

Planning on going next Sunday the 30th and taking advantage of the holding area to get a jump start on the crowds as we won't be investing in Express this year.

(1) Where is/are the holding area(s)?

(2) When we are let out should I go straight for the houses near the front of the park or the back?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I missed this info already posted somewhere. :cheers:

I'm very curious to see if they open up part of IOA on high peak nights to eat some crowds. They could move the entrance to Dead End or Gothic to the IOA side and then advertise a scare zone or street entertainment in Marvel. The only reason I say this is because overall the park wasn't busy per HHN standards and it never is the first 5-8 event nights. But most of the evening house times ranged from 45-60 mins. The loss of Jaws, an 8th house, and designated scare zones are already being felt big time.

Also just an FYI they have opened up part of another park to alleviate crowds on high peak nights in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Certain guests can cross over from Islands of Adventure to Universal Studios for Halloween Horror Nights. The IoA crossover is by One Fish, Two Fish, I believe.

Their are two crossovers they can use with one being in between Circus and Fish with the other inbetween Posiedon and Sinbad

Oh my...I would LOVE to see them creep up Suess Landing! I've walked through there late when I was taking night shots in Wizarding World and it was already kinda creepy as it is with no one there. Just dreaming likely, but man, that would be fun!

From what I'm reading here it seems the scareactors on the streets are getting alot more invasive and interactive. :thumbs: Don't get me wrong I had fun Friday night. It just seemed that some of them were just there to be there. The chainsaw girls though...they were all awesome. :happy: I'm going again this Thursday and will let y'all know what I think via Twitter. Although this time I'm going to PnT first and not last. :p

I recorded about a minute of the Child's Play segment on Cinematic Spectacular screens, note the use of the lasers:
[video=youtube;H5co_O9mhJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5co_O9mhJ8[/video]

Just looking for some advice from the Pros here.

Planning on going next Sunday the 30th and taking advantage of the holding area to get a jump start on the crowds as we won't be investing in Express this year.

(1) Where is/are the holding area(s)?

(2) When we are let out should I go straight for the houses near the front of the park or the back?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I missed this info already posted somewhere. :cheers:

There are two holding areas. one in Kidzone and one in New York.

If you use Kidzone your first house will be House of Horrors followed by Alice Cooper. In New York the first house that opens is Silent Hill.

One more, picture of a Beast inside Mel's. They do enter the restaurants, I also saw one in Louie's, but mostly just walk around. I think they don't actually do much scaring in there because they don't want food and drink thrown and spilled if people get jumpy.
http://twitpic.com/axg22x

Only thing that would be in Suess is fog and thats it.

Did they even add the fog to Suess back when they held it at IOA and then when at both parks? I went those years but cant remember for the life of me if they did or not. I had a lot of blurry nights those nights if you know what I mean lol :cheers:

Last edited:
Did they even add the fog to Suess back when they held it at IOA and then when at both parks? I went those years but cant remember for the life of me if they did or not. I had a lot of blurry nights those nights if you know what I mean lol :cheers:

My memory is a bit hazy, too, but I don't remember fog. Just dimmed lights and the music loop being played backward--which was surprisingly effective.