Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I went through Gothic and Dead End last night...WOW! Blown away by both houses. They had some visually stunning moments and some really great scares and more that would have gotten me if I wasn't able to dodge their timing. Easily the best two houses of the event. I thought the Pepper's Ghost effect in Dead End was very nice, and seeing the end result didn't really ruin it for me.

Question about Gothic...
Anyone know how they do the scene in Gothic where it feels like you're walking on a ledge high above the sanctuary?
I feel like it is probably obvious, but I'm not entirely sure how they're doing it. Projection?

So I went through Gothic and Dead End last night...WOW! Blown away by both houses. They had some visually stunning moments and some really great scares and more that would have gotten me if I wasn't able to dodge their timing. Easily the best two houses of the event. I thought the Pepper's Ghost effect in Dead End was very nice, and seeing the end result didn't really ruin it for me.

Question about Gothic...
Anyone know how they do the scene in Gothic where it feels like you're walking on a ledge high above the sanctuary?
I feel like it is probably obvious, but I'm not entirely sure how they're doing it. Projection?

Mirrors.

I also joined the Horror Unearthing and am also apart of the Traditionals. If time permits, I'll see about grabbing a badge or whatever from the front.

How were the wait times last night? I went to a concert and completely forgot to text HHN.

Most of the houses stayed above 20+ minutes most of the night. Alice Cooper's longest wait was a 10 minute wait based on the text message times. Penn & Teller and Walking Dead had the longest wait times of the night - 60 minutes. The others fluctuated between 15-45 minutes.

Most of the houses stayed above 20+ minutes most of the night. Alice Cooper's longest wait was a 10 minute wait based on the text message times. Penn & Teller and Walking Dead had the longest wait times of the night - 60 minutes. The others fluctuated between 15-45 minutes.

House of Horrors would say 30 but was actually running closer to an hour.

Also, the text message times seemed flat out wrong. I received one standing in KidZone that had Alice Cooper at 5 when the sign said 20, and HoH at 20 when the sign said 30.

House of Horrors would say 30 but was actually running closer to an hour.

Also, the text message times seemed flat out wrong. I received one standing in KidZone that had Alice Cooper at 5 when the sign said 20, and HoH at 20 when the sign said 30.

Yup, all texts, wait boards, and entry way wait times were flat out wrong. I'm sure they will get better over time because they can't get any worse.

The only wait time sign that was a bit off last night that I found was the HoH. T 20 minutes...lol..more like 55 minutes :thumbs: All in all I enjoyed my first night. It was a bit crowded,the heel of my shoe decided to break off and it was rainy..but I had fun. I'm looking forward to next Thursday and MAYBE I'll see the Silent Hill house if its not too crowded. :p

Let me just say, the street experiences are fantastic this year. I honestly think I've enjoyed them more than the scarezones in all of the years I've gone (2009-2012). The actors were ridiculously entertaining and on-point and really enhanced the event ten-fold for me.

For anyone who went to EP, how do you feel about the street's current state? How much has it changed in your opinion?

Let me just say, the street experiences are fantastic this year. I honestly think I've enjoyed them more than the scarezones in all of the years I've gone (2009-2012). The actors were ridiculously entertaining and on-point and really enhanced the event ten-fold for me.

For anyone who went to EP, how do you feel about the street's current state? How much has it changed in your opinion?

I have to agree! The streets are definitely better and I'm finding myself running into scareactors a lot more. Less dead space, which is nice. It can only improve from here...

On a sidenote, you can now travel by the lagoon to get to the other side by Mel's. No more traveling all the way around the park. Definitely saved my feet today.

While I feel I did run into a lot of scareactors, I felt I kept running into the same Legion. There was a point where I just walked around the park for an hour and found myself seeing the Vamps and Traditionals most of the time.

Also, with the wait times tonight, it seems the loss of Jaws and the subtraction of a house may have a bigger impact than initially thought.

I'm feeling better about the event overall but as Brian noted their are some flaws that hopefully will be tweaked. The hordes are just jacked up imo. I don't like it. I feel like in previous years a scare zone was almost an attraction. It was something I would visit once or twice before I left for the night just like I would a house. Now I find myself with one less house and a bunch of randomness on the streets. Let me say though that the actors in the street are killing it and doing an amazing job. Cinespec is truly filler and nothing more than a photo op for me. The houses seemed better tonight and the actors were all doing much better overall. More in the review thread.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Maybe I had insane luck, but I actually managed to catch each horde multiple times and had no issue seeking out a specific horde when I wanted to.

One of the things that really stood out to me about them was their interaction with both guests and each other. I saw actors from different hordes messing with each other, actors from the same horde, especially the Traditionals, messing with each other (Pumpkinhead scaring one of the trick-or-treaters and her pretending to be scared and running away), and even actors flat out sitting next to guests and taunting them which I witness twice last night. The first time, I was exhausted and was resting while watching the chainsaw horde and the Grim Reaper just chose to sit down next to me and stare me down. The second time, while watching the Traditionals, I saw Pumpkinhead sit down next to a guest and flat out just start talking to her in character.

And HTF, you should follow them when they're doing their marching through the streets. That's how they either A) head to the back for a cast change, or B) change locations. You're in for a nice surprise when it's B.
They stand still for a good minute and then rush the bystanders in all directions. It's insane.
If you stick around for a bit, they're definitely quite an attraction, like the past scarezones.

My opinion may be a bit biased though considering how much time I spent in the streets last night. I had gone through each house once again by 7:30 PM and spent most of the rest of the nights roaming the streets with the exception of another Silent Hill and Alice Cooper visit. Though I large reason behind my time spent there was how entertaining and frightening they were. They honestly may have been the highlight of the event for me this year.

Reactions: dmkrc5
Ok, I have already bought general admission for Universal and we will be going on October 27. If we want to go to IOA in the day, can we still buy the $66.99 to add on to our day ticket even though we won't be going to the Universal side during the day? Any help is appreciated, thanks!