Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

Thursday Dead End was 75, Silent Hill was 60, and Walking Dead was 60 too. This year is crazy on Thursdays.

That stinks! We always go Thursday & Saturday when we are there. Thurs has always been awesome & we get through everything at least once but most houses twice. Are the Express Pass lines ridiculous too? I read some complaints on another forum.

That stinks! We always go Thursday & Saturday when we are there. Thurs has always been awesome & we get through everything at least once but most houses twice. Are the Express Pass lines ridiculous too? I read some complaints on another forum.

Express is hit or miss but count on waiting at least 20-25 mins in express at least twice during the evening.

It stinks that Gothic/Dead End are so far back that you can't really gauge the wait times. We usually just eye the line for SH and make a prediction on how long it is then. For Gothic/Dead End, you don't really know until you walk all the way into the line.

It's not TOO bad if you get there early and hit the houses right away, but if you try to do them later, you're not going to get very much done because of the lines. Tonight, we saw the 11:30 B&T and we got out around 12:15 and we managed to do all three soundstage houses before it closed, so the lines weren't too bad at closing this time. Much shorter than Friday night.

So if you guys went on a super packed night and aren't able to make into a house or two what houses would you guys choose to sacrifice and would skip? Just curious on everyone's opinion since ill be going later in the month on a Friday and may run into that situation.

If I had to skip houses it would be in this order.

1. House of Horrors
2. Alice Cooper
3. Walking Dead

So if you guys went on a super packed night and aren't able to make into a house or two what houses would you guys choose to sacrifice and would skip? Just curious on everyone's opinion since ill be going later in the month on a Friday and may run into that situation.

Skip Silent Hill or Walking Dead if you are not familiar with either property. Assuming you're a fan of both, skip House of Horrors.

- - - Updated - - -

Sundays and Thursdays are ok as long as its not Hell Week.

Sundays were already just as busy as Fridays starting last year--I expect that trend to continue tonight. And this past Thursday was the busiest one I've seen outside of a Hell Week ... and we're still in September. The old rules are out the window this year. Expect long lines whenever you go.

Amazing the difference that an 8th house and Jaws makes.

I'd add scare zones into that. A zone with a defined area can be an attraction onto itself, especially when it also provides photo ops. Think of 7 last year--that ate up a lot more of guests time than an actor running into a Finnegans, looping around the bar, and running out again.

The only two I would even recommend are Gothic and Dead End.
The ones I would skip, in order:
Penn and Teller
Silent Hill
Alice Cooper
House of Horrors
Walking Dead

Thanks everyone for your input :thumbs: So far the general consensus is don't miss Gothic and Dead End with the rest kind of blah. I know besides those two we will def hit Silent Hill and Walking Dead since one of my buddies that is going with us is hardcore into those two :shrug: I figure we will wait in New York area before it opens and then head over to houses in sound stages first then work our way around and just see how it goes. Im a big fan of Bill & Ted show at HHN and wouldn't miss it for the world, even if it does stink :lol:

I don't understand any hate for the event this year or any year for that matter.I enjoyed everything thoroughly this year,hell I didn't even get close to scared in Silent Hill but still loved the house.I wish the HHN followers would go there to have fun and to not pick things apart.

I don't understand any hate for the event this year or any year for that matter.I enjoyed everything thoroughly this year,hell I didn't even get close to scared in Silent Hill but still loved the house.I wish the HHN followers would go there to have fun and to not pick things apart.

I agree with the last three posts here. I have really enjoyed this year thus far, and look forward to next month when I return for another two or three nights. I understand that this year may be drastically different from years past, but I feel that the only detriments have been capacity. The streets feel cohesive, and I found almost none of the "dead space" that others complained about. I agree that Alice Cooper and House of Horrors are the weakest houses this year, but I would not go so far as to call them trash, or a waste of budget. They each have their respective highlights, just as every other house presented in the history of Horror Nights has had their share of flaws. To be honest, I understand "to each their own," but some of this hate feels unwarranted.

I think what you all call hate (which, IMO, is a BS term) we call disapointment.

I'm just very open minded to everything and hardly ever dissapointed by Universal.The only houses that I recall not being to big of a fan of were Reflections of Fear,Creatures and Jacks Funhouse but still enjoyed them to an extent.What they create every year is something that can't be compared to any other theme park haunt and I go in just trying to make the best of it.

Having to travel a long ways to Orlando every year gives you a different perspective I guess..

Last edited:
Anyone know if and what time Penn and Teller reopened tonight?

I was standing in line when the house got evacuated. It seems like it wasn't closed for too long. We went and did House of Horrors and Alice Cooper and by the time we were done with these (about 30 minutes), Penn and Teller had reopened. I think it was about 8:15 it reopened.