Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really don't get the seeming fascination with getting hammered or even slightly drunk especially for Halloween events. I'm admittedly not much of a drinker, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

The girlfriend gets really scared. So the alcohol for her is a bit of liquid courage. We rarely drink in USF unless it's drinks at Finn's but gladly go and get drinks at Fat Tuesday's where they make them nice and strong. I'll also go to Cigarz and get drinks since they're cheap there also.

When I go to USF and plan on having quite a few drinks I go to Finn's during happy hour and say "Just make me a mixed drink." Then I keep those coming for a couple rounds.

We got our drinks in the souvenir glasses for $10. Only $7 dollar refills after that, so not too terrible of a price if just having a few. I've had way worse bar bills in some of the DC/Virginia bars, and those drinks weren't as strong as the bartenders at HHN were makin them. Double shots!! Hooooboy! Nice to have one while waiting in line, too.

We got our drinks in the souvenir glasses for $10. Only $7 dollar refills after that, so not too terrible of a price if just having a few. I've had way worse bar bills in some of the DC/Virginia bars, and those drinks weren't as strong as the bartenders at HHN were makin them. Double shots!! Hooooboy! Nice to have one while waiting in line, too.

Plus you get a super cool glow cup :happy:

Got an email regarding the Horror Unearthed game from HHN22experience:

For the faithful among you who serve the legion at home, Your kindred in-park need know this as they roam,
They must meet the Masters to earn a badge rare, Touch the tome of your legion...but who, when and where?
Raise a toast to the Masters in a pub of the green, Just the times as they're noted and not in between,
THURSDAY
KEREZAN 9:00 to 9:30
CEREBIN 9:30 to 10:00
MASCHORIAN 10:00 to 10:30
STRENGOIT 10:30 to 11:00
MORPHAN 11:00 to 11:30
BACCANOID 11:30 to 12:00
SUNDAY CEREBIN 9:00 to 9:30
KEREZAN 9:30 to 10:00
STRENGOIT 10:00 to 10:30
MASCHORIAN 10:30 to 11:00
BACCANOID 11:00 to 11:30
MORPHAN 11:30 to 12:00

So, are we supposed to be meeting up with our groups at these times? Just "checking in"? I assume the pub is Finnegan's.

Anyone know more?

Yeah I ended up waiting out the worst of it in the Bill and Ted stadium. First showing was canceled so we just waited for the next one. When the legions finally did come out they were working twice as hard on the scares.

A kid from my Economics class at school is one of the warriors in the streets this year at HHN 22. He came and screamed my name in my face and I had no idea he was a scareactor. That was one of the scariest experiences I had this year.

Got to go last friday(6 year in a row) and the lines weren't bad at all. Did the stay and scream since my girlfriend and I are AP and they let us in at 5:48 and we had finished every house by 7:35. Maybe the quickest we have ever did all the houses. We did TWD again after the initial round of houses(we wanted to experience it at night) and went to HRRR (Which was the longest we waited for anything that night at 40 minutes). We ended up leaving at about 9:30. The longest wait time that we had saw posted was for TWD at 60 minutes, but while we were leaving it was dropped down to 35 minutes.

Got to go last friday(6 year in a row) and the lines weren't bad at all. Did the stay and scream since my girlfriend and I are AP and they let us in at 5:48 and we had finished every house by 7:35. Maybe the quickest we have ever did all the houses. We did TWD again after the initial round of houses(we wanted to experience it at night) and went to HRRR (Which was the longest we waited for anything that night at 40 minutes). We ended up leaving at about 9:30. The longest wait time that we had saw posted was for TWD at 60 minutes, but while we were leaving it was dropped down to 35 minutes.

What was your plan of action with hitting the house, you start at the sound stages and work your way around?

Lines were insane Sunday night. Minimum waits for houses started at 60 minutes, went up to 90 for TWD, rides were at an hour, too (other than DM:MM, which seemed to top out at 30). Keep in mind, this is still only the first weekend in October. If Universal doesn't have a contingency plan in their back pocket, I can only imagine Hell Week will see 2.5 - 3 hour lines. Not sure how the General Public will feel about waiting an hour to get in--happened Friday night with the new stricter security--then only doing two or three houses.