Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lines were insane Sunday night. Minimum waits for houses started at 60 minutes, went up to 90 for TWD, rides were at an hour, too (other than DM:MM, which seemed to top out at 30). Keep in mind, this is still only the first weekend in October. If Universal doesn't have a contingency plan in their back pocket, I can only imagine Hell Week will see 2.5 - 3 hour lines. Not sure how the General Public will feel about waiting an hour to get in--happened Friday night with the new stricter security--then only doing two or three houses.

Yikes. And I was questioning my sanity standing in a 60 min line for TWD on Sun 9/30. :doh: Wish I had redone either Gothic or Dead End. Payoff would have been better. (No disrespect meant to SA's there.)

While I enjoy Penn's running commentary, most of the humor's targets are cliched, even tired. There's nothing clever in "oh look, the all-you-can-eat buffet has gross food!".

While the "gross food" buffet seems a bit cliche, it's just a distraction. The point of that room isn't to gross you out with the food, it's to get pranked by the people on the other side of the two-way mirrors who are watching your reactions to the buzzing floor and surprise air-jets. I thought it was brilliant.

Just finished with the survey Universal sends out on HHN. Gave them the "bidness" on street experiences and lack of theme (I thought the theme/character was The Iniquitus or whatever, but they confirmed it on the survey being The Walki... I'm sorry, AMC's The Walking Dead). One really interesting question out of it was one on alcohol. Forgot to copy, but basically goes "Are you okay with alcohol being served at HHN?" and "How likely would you return if there was no alcohol?" Now, I know that Universal would not do away with that cash cow, but it was interesting to see asked nonetheless.

Just finished with the survey Universal sends out on HHN. Gave them the "bidness" on street experiences and lack of theme (I thought the theme/character was The Iniquitus or whatever, but they confirmed it on the survey being The Walki... I'm sorry, AMC's The Walking Dead). One really interesting question out of it was one on alcohol. Forgot to copy, but basically goes "Are you okay with alcohol being served at HHN?" and "How likely would you return if there was no alcohol?" Now, I know that Universal would not do away with that cash cow, but it was interesting to see asked nonetheless.

I blasted them for a lack luster year and let them know I was unhappy. The alcohol question was a joke, like you said CASH COW, the lines were very long at the bars all the nights I went.

From Saturday night

HHN22-004.jpg

Houses were awesome save for Alice Cooper. Streets were awesome Friday night when the crowds were manageable. Crowds are a problem. Has nothing to do with losing the 8th house either. There was just exponentily more people there this year. Those are my quick glance views of the event from this weekend. I'll haves complete thoughts sometime this week.

I would love to experience a HHN with these low crowds you guys speak of :lol:. I have gone all but 3 years since 1998 and have always dealt with crazy crowds and lines. Doesnt help my cause that its usually a Friday or Saturday night that I end up going. I need to check out a Thursday or Sunday night and enjoy not getting run over lol.

I would love to experience a HHN with these low crowds you guys speak of :lol:. I have gone all but 3 years since 1998 and have always dealt with crazy crowds and lines. Doesnt help my cause that its usually a Friday or Saturday night that I end up going. I need to check out a Thursday or Sunday night and enjoy not getting run over lol.

Same here. I went last year for the first time. One night last year with Express. I got so much more accomplished last year in one night, than I did this year on Thu 9/27 and Sun 9/30 with no Express. At least it didn't rain. :stunned:

Same here. I went last year for the first time. One night last year with Express. I got so much more accomplished last year in one night, than I did this year on Thu 9/27 and Sun 9/30 with no Express. At least it didn't rain. :stunned:

Was also there 9/27, insane crowds. Very shocked. We only ended up doing a few houses. This forced us to buy the express for the Friday night which I am glad we did. Got to do everything in under a couple of hours.

The Hollywood event sold out last night so just remember it could of been worse :stunned:

How often does it sell out over here now a days? I remember years back the times I would go they would have the big traffic signs out on Universal blvd with a message that the event was sold out that night.

Last night was definitely a night to chill out and watch the hoardes and catch a few shows of B&T for those that can go often.

Just insane to not see anything less than 60. Shortly after 7, the line for HOH was almost completely out of the queue.

Sounds like its a good thing I stayed late at work instead of going to HHN last night! :lol:

One reason I'm glad I got a pass, I am fine with going for a few hours, doing a house or two and a B&T show and calling it a night since I'm almost always there alone.

The lines last night were due to "Hospitality night" where any and all workers in the Hospitality industry got tickets for like $35... and then you factor in people who "were" going to go thursday but didn't due to rain...

The lines last night were due to "Hospitality night" where any and all workers in the Hospitality industry got tickets for like $35... and then you factor in people who "were" going to go thursday but didn't due to rain...

Makes sense. I've never heard of Sundays being as busy as everyone claimed last night. (Even considering this year's unique situation).

For everyone saying it sure was crazy for a Sunday, etc. etc. It was a holiday on Monday so take that into consideration. Waits would have been long with an 8th house and another attraction.

And Universal tries their best to make sure the event doesn't get sold out. In 2006 we came dangerously close to selling out. UOR's response was to open Marvel Super Hero Island. :lol:

For everyone saying it sure was crazy for a Sunday, etc. etc. It was a holiday on Monday so take that into consideration. Waits would have been long with an 8th house and another attraction.

I was there last year during the same weekend. Waits didn't go above 75 and the streets weren't wall to wall people like they were on Saturday and Sunday this year.

I was there last year during the same weekend. Waits didn't go above 75 and the streets weren't wall to wall people like they were on Saturday and Sunday this year.

I also think despite everyone saying this year sucks that this years event might have had a better pull over all. I think we're really know come the end of the event but all the IP's are really big and actually have a pull.