Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

So overall now that I have actually been to the event an done every house except TWD, it's not as horrible as people are saying it is. It's definitely not the best but not horrible.

I agree with the last three posts here. I have really enjoyed this year thus far, and look forward to next month when I return for another two or three nights. I understand that this year may be drastically different from years past, but I feel that the only detriments have been capacity. The streets feel cohesive, and I found almost none of the "dead space" that others complained about. I agree that Alice Cooper and House of Horrors are the weakest houses this year, but I would not go so far as to call them trash, or a waste of budget. They each have their respective highlights, just as every other house presented in the history of Horror Nights has had their share of flaws. To be honest, I understand "to each their own," but some of this hate feels unwarranted.

:thumbs: I completely agree with you. The event feela very cohesive and the differences in the street experiences from opening night to when i went back last Thursday were astonishing. :happy: It seems like the scareactors were more into their roles and you hardly if ever noticed the handlers. I was getting annoyed at the reviews i read for team member preview night. I guess some people are so ungrateful and take any chance they can to pick something apart...even if they got in for free..smh. As time goes by and Halloween draws closer HHN will get better and not stay the same such as Mickeys not so does EVERY YEAR. :p I say enjoy the event,don't expect to be wowed at everything unless you're a horror fan and be happy that you're able to attend an event that soooo many people would love to but just can't. :)

Honestly don't understand all the hate for Penn and Teller at all.

I'll echo October's Fade, more disappointment than hate. Two things:

(1) Other than the light room, the 3D seems at best wasted, at times an outright hinderance (I prefer going through the dressing room glasses off). One year after "The In-Between," the greatest 3D house I've seen at any haunt, it feels like a step backward.

(2) While I enjoy Penn's running commentary, most of the humor's targets are cliched, even tired. There's nothing clever in "oh look, the all-you-can-eat buffet has gross food!". Coming off the brilliant HR Bloodengutz last year, and with memories of Leave It to Cleaver and Home for the Holidays, the humor just doesn't work for me, other than one celebrity parody. It's not dark or original enough for what I expect from the event.

###

New topic, I still don't care a lot for the layout, and the make-up is a mixed bag, but the cast of TWD is amazing (probably Cast A, I was in there early). Doing whatever they can to get a scare out of everybody. Reminds me a lot of Havoc, an exceptional cast improving what was a mediocre house.

I'll echo October's Fade, more disappointment than hate. Two things:

(1) Other than the light room, the 3D seems at best wasted, at times an outright hinderance (I prefer going through the dressing room glasses off). One year after "The In-Between," the greatest 3D house I've seen at any haunt, it feels like a step backward.

(2) While I enjoy Penn's running commentary, most of the humor's targets are cliched, even tired. There's nothing clever in "oh look, the all-you-can-eat buffet has gross food!". Coming off the brilliant HR Bloodengutz last year, and with memories of Leave It to Cleaver and Home for the Holidays, the humor just doesn't work for me, other than one celebrity parody. It's not dark or original enough for what I expect from the event.

###

New topic, I still don't care a lot for the layout, and the make-up is a mixed bag, but the cast of TWD is amazing (probably Cast A, I was in there early). Doing whatever they can to get a scare out of everybody. Reminds me a lot of Havoc, an exceptional cast improving what was a mediocre house.
I would agree with this,Penn & Teller did feel like a step backwards from The In-Between last year but in no way was it a bad house,it was just an overall fun house in my opinion.The only thing with event I feel is unnecessary is all the event staff standing around doing nothing,I feel like that's wasted labor that could have gone somewhere else into the event like the hoards in the streets.

I would agree with this,Penn & Teller did feel like a step backwards from The In-Between last year but in no way was it a bad house,it was just an overall fun house in my opinion.The only thing with event I feel is unnecessary is all the event staff standing around doing nothing,I feel like that's wasted labor that could have gone somewhere else into the event like the hoards in the streets.

Are you talking about staff inside the houses?

Not the ones inside the houses,I know their positions are unfortunately necessary.I'm talking about the ones who are standing throughout the queue line doing nothing productive.

Not the ones inside the houses,I know their positions are unfortunately necessary.I'm talking about the ones who are standing throughout the queue line doing nothing productive.

They are a neccessary evil. They make sure no one gets rowdy, drunk, disorderly, or smokes in the queue.

They are a neccessary evil. They make sure no one gets rowdy, drunk, disorderly, or smokes in the queue.

Yup, there is a reason security and Orlando PD are stationed at the entrance and exit of each house. Because this crap happens every night and the team members stationed inside are the first line of defense.

I really don't get the seeming fascination with getting hammered or even slightly drunk especially for Halloween events. I'm admittedly not much of a drinker, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

I really don't get the seeming fascination with getting hammered or even slightly drunk especially for Halloween events. I'm admittedly not much of a drinker, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Being honest here, I've treated Horror Nights like a night out with the guys a few times during my 10 year career. I just do it responsibly and know my limits; and have a DD. There have been a few times where I had to hand my keys to the sober one at the end of the night.

But I never get rowdy or out of hand.

I only drink one or two beers at the max since I never stay on site. Just enough draft beer to loosen me up a tad. I've also been pulled over twice after leaving HHN :lol: Both times they asked me where you coming from? To which I reply HHN.

Step out of the car sir.

FYI I don't drink and drive so I passed the sobriety tests :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

I would never purposefully get hammered. Of course, I cannot afford to at a theme park.

My wife and i got hammered at Chez Alcatraz during the daytime once and couldn't find our hotel room at RP.

We usually stay at the Days Inn across the street if we are going on the cheap and walk to HHN. That way we can all drink if we so choose and not have to worry about driving. Ive had my fair share of blurry nights at HHN and part of me wished I hadnt so I would remember more of the past years. Would I change that if I could? Never! Had some of the best nights of my life those nights and never once got rowdy or out of control or anything. Just had a good time with some great friends at a great event.

I created a scene on a boat back to Portofino once but everybody else was hammered too, so they understood :lol:

I only drink one or two beers at the max since I never stay on site. Just enough draft beer to loosen me up a tad. I've also been pulled over twice after leaving HHN :lol: Both times they asked me where you coming from? To which I reply HHN.

Step out of the car sir.

FYI I don't drink and drive so I passed the sobriety tests :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

My wife and i got hammered at Chez Alcatraz during the daytime once and couldn't find our hotel room at RP.

I had an ex get plastered while we were staying at the Hard Rock years ago. She drank way too much while we hungout at the hot tub. We had gone back to the hotel to relax before a Godsmack concert so we grabbed some drinks and next thing I know she is just hammered. Took her back to the room, she fell in the elevator and then passed out for the night at 4pm :bang:. I was so mad because I wanted to go to that concert so bad but didnt because I was worried for her and wanted to keep and eye on her.

- - - Updated - - -

I once tried to hop on those benches that are built around the flower beds by the exit of Uni once after a night at HHN and walk on them to the other side. I made it up but coming down I jumped and lmy legs gave out and busted my :-X Was so embarrassing, i remember when i fell my glow up when flying out of my pocket halfway across the walkway. Talk about a walk of shame

Three or four beers, never a trouble maker.
$6 dollar ($20 round trip with tip) cab rides are cheaper than the parking garage and dealing with the hassle, or Orlando PD.

Last edited:
Just to add to the injury part. On opening night this year I saw a guy running full speed from the metal detectors to get to cover in front of will call wipe out. I mean both feet up in the air and this guy landed on his back only to have his head whip back and knock himself out. Only for a second or two mind you but damn!