Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the whole situation is so stupid.

People got all worked up over a show that is SUPPOSED to make fun of people and be completely ridiculous at times. It's like they're bored and the first thing they found to pick on was Bill and Ted.

It's so late in the season (we literally have EIGHT event nights left), yet this change has happened.

It feels as if they basically took all the cursing that was more 'extreme' to some people (probably those that smartly chose to bring their younger kids).

I wish they'd change it back, but as I said, it's so late in the season, so I doubt we're going to get another change.

I did have an idea! Last show -- old rap, please? :)

Wild Stallioms rule! I'm with Reel on this one, Bill and Ted are such a staple of HHN for me and would be sad to see them gone. It's always been a loud, rude, crude show and that shouldnt couldn't come to a surpirse to anyone who has seem them.

More houses is not the answer, writing is the key. I don't know what they are affraid of but there are changes to the show, over the years, that have left lots of oppertuinities on the floor.

Ok just hear me out.

I've been going to the event for a while now and have seen the show drop in quality for years. Don't get me wrong the show is a staple of the event but allowing the show to either retire or at least take a hiatus could be for the best. I mean each year more and more people talk about how much this show sucks even more than last years crapfest. Just look at the reviews for the show the last several years, this is the most attention this show has gotten in 5 years.

BTW, I have my own opinion but I'm not sharing it. I want to see where people stand on this.

I'm firmly in the Bill & Ted camp, not surprisingly. The show is as much a part of the tradition of the event as scare-zones and haunted houses.

I would caution that using message boards as your sole source of evidence can be misleading. Based on OU and various MAGICal boards, you'd swear the Adventurers Club was the sole reason PI existed while 8-Traxx and Mannequins sat empty every night. Similarly, for whatever reasons, a lot of hard core HHN fans seem to outright hate B&T. But the show has a huge local following--that final show goes to capacity every year despite usually being on a weeknight. It would be missed by a lot of regular visitors.

Also, it's a huge people eater, taking many hundreds off the streets for an hour or so, more effective than any house. This year we see the effect the loss of one house and Jaws had--B&T would be even more noticable.

It feels as if they basically took all the cursing that was more 'extreme' to some people (probably those that smartly chose to bring their younger kids).

I did have an idea! Last show -- old rap, please? :)

To stress, there's still plenty of cursing. This was strictly about removing as much of Romney as possible from the skit. Again, the "I didn't realize women can vote joke"--killed me every time--got cut even without any cursing.

Old rap returning in the last show would surprise but not shock me. I think a new, off-the-cuff anti-censorship rap might be more likely.

To stress, there's still plenty of cursing. This was strictly about removing as much of Romney as possible from the skit. Again, the "I didn't realize women can vote joke"--killed me every time--got cut even without any cursing.

Old rap returning in the last show would surprise but not shock me. I think a new, off-the-cuff anti-censorship rap might be more likely.

They kept the "less intense" words in, but took out others like you said. There was no point in them changing to "bih" instead of the other word since it's apart of the original song. Maybe it'll be different tonight. We'll see.

This Friday was...not that bad, actually. It was awful crowded, but with my group arriving at the park at 6:30 we were able to see 5 houses back-to-back, we finished those five by 9pm. We had to leave by 12 but I know if we stuck around we would have been able to see them all. Mummy was operating at half-capacity last night and that caused some crazy waits for that.

Maybe I'm just a bigger optimist than most of you, but Hell Week wasn't as hellish as I thought it'd be. I definitely never plan to visit that weekend again, though.

Holy hell. From the HHN Facebook page:
Fans listen up: we are at capacity tonight for HHN22. Only those guests already holding tickets will be able to gain admission. If you were planning on coming tonight and do not have a ticket, please consider coming another night.

:saber: Use the force . . . . and a few drinks :lol:

Ive read the guide but think since I will be in the Stay and Scream area it may make more sense for us to hit up the sound stages houses first since we are right there and just work our way around the park clockwise sort of. In years past we have gone that route and seemed to work out ok for the most part. At this point im just over thinking the whole thing since im bored stuck at work and ill be fine and make the most of the night we are there.

That's what I did. I stayed at Finnegan's and then hit up the houses in this order:
1. Gothic
2. Dead End
skipped Silent Hill because it was packed by then
3. House of Horrors
4. Alice Cooper
5. Penn and Teller
6. Walking Dead
7. Silent Hill
Bill and Ted
and then I managed to hit up Dead End, Gothic, and Silent Hill again, as well as HRRR.

I'd say I had a successful HHN!

Albeit I went in the second week.

This is the first time since I started following the event that I've seen them selling out..Wow 0_0.What is capacity at the park,about 60k?

I cant tell you from experience going on a sold out night is no fun. I dont remember what years I went but I know two years in a row we happened to go on sold out nights at USF and I remember you could barely walk thru the streets it was so packed.

Last edited: