1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 22' started by Vyrus, Nov 1, 2011.

1. April

April Member

I think the whole situation is so stupid.

People got all worked up over a show that is SUPPOSED to make fun of people and be completely ridiculous at times. It's like they're bored and the first thing they found to pick on was Bill and Ted.

It's so late in the season (we literally have EIGHT event nights left), yet this change has happened.

It feels as if they basically took all the cursing that was more 'extreme' to some people (probably those that smartly chose to bring their younger kids).

I wish they'd change it back, but as I said, it's so late in the season, so I doubt we're going to get another change.

I did have an idea! Last show -- old rap, please? :)

2. Hockeyman55

Hockeyman55 Premium Member

Wild Stallioms rule! I'm with Reel on this one, Bill and Ted are such a staple of HHN for me and would be sad to see them gone. It's always been a loud, rude, crude show and that shouldnt couldn't come to a surpirse to anyone who has seem them.

3. Octobers Fade

Octobers Fade DEAD inside Premium Member

More houses is not the answer, writing is the key. I don't know what they are affraid of but there are changes to the show, over the years, that have left lots of oppertuinities on the floor.

4. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

I'm firmly in the Bill & Ted camp, not surprisingly. The show is as much a part of the tradition of the event as scare-zones and haunted houses.

I would caution that using message boards as your sole source of evidence can be misleading. Based on OU and various MAGICal boards, you'd swear the Adventurers Club was the sole reason PI existed while 8-Traxx and Mannequins sat empty every night. Similarly, for whatever reasons, a lot of hard core HHN fans seem to outright hate B&T. But the show has a huge local following--that final show goes to capacity every year despite usually being on a weeknight. It would be missed by a lot of regular visitors.

Also, it's a huge people eater, taking many hundreds off the streets for an hour or so, more effective than any house. This year we see the effect the loss of one house and Jaws had--B&T would be even more noticable.

To stress, there's still plenty of cursing. This was strictly about removing as much of Romney as possible from the skit. Again, the "I didn't realize women can vote joke"--killed me every time--got cut even without any cursing.

Old rap returning in the last show would surprise but not shock me. I think a new, off-the-cuff anti-censorship rap might be more likely.

5. April

April Member

They kept the "less intense" words in, but took out others like you said. There was no point in them changing to "bih" instead of the other word since it's apart of the original song. Maybe it'll be different tonight. We'll see.

6. Eckert

Eckert Veteran Member

This Friday was...not that bad, actually. It was awful crowded, but with my group arriving at the park at 6:30 we were able to see 5 houses back-to-back, we finished those five by 9pm. We had to leave by 12 but I know if we stuck around we would have been able to see them all. Mummy was operating at half-capacity last night and that caused some crazy waits for that.

Maybe I'm just a bigger optimist than most of you, but Hell Week wasn't as hellish as I thought it'd be. I definitely never plan to visit that weekend again, though.

7. Hockeyman55

^thats good to hear. How was security getting into the park?

8. Eckert

Eckert Veteran Member

Nothing worth kicking a fuss over when I got there. Maybe 15-20 at each main gate, the side ones by the globe with little to no people at all.

9. Tbad556

Tbad556 Veteran Member

Holy hell. From the HHN Facebook page:

10. The_Bled

The_Bled Veteran Member

Oh God, those poor unfortunate souls. Good luck to anyone going tonight.

11. TheDecemberists

TheDecemberists Veteran Member

That's what I did. I stayed at Finnegan's and then hit up the houses in this order:
    1. Gothic
    2. Dead End
    skipped Silent Hill because it was packed by then
    3. House of Horrors
    4. Alice Cooper
    5. Penn and Teller
    6. Walking Dead
    7. Silent Hill
    Bill and Ted
    and then I managed to hit up Dead End, Gothic, and Silent Hill again, as well as HRRR.

I'd say I had a successful HHN!

Albeit I went in the second week.

12. The_Bled

The_Bled Veteran Member

This is the first sold out night I've seen since 2005. Jesus christ.

13. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

Can we have a two park event now, Universal? Demand seems to require the capacity.

14. Zyzzbrah

Zyzzbrah Newcomer

This is the first time since I started following the event that I've seen them selling out..Wow 0_0.What is capacity at the park,about 60k?

15. Captain Tragedy

Captain Tragedy Premium Member

So much for that "boycott" :rofl:

16. Andy

Andy aka Hatetofly V.I.P.

17. Hockeyman55

I cant tell you from experience going on a sold out night is no fun. I dont remember what years I went but I know two years in a row we happened to go on sold out nights at USF and I remember you could barely walk thru the streets it was so packed.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  18. Captain Tragedy

Captain Tragedy Premium Member

I don't think I would be able to handle this kind of crowd. So happy I was able to get to do this in September.

19. quickfire609

quickfire609 Member

What's the number to text to get wait times? I know the entire park was on high alert today, went before the event started and everybody looked nervous.

20. Tbad556

Tbad556 Veteran Member

Text TONIGHT to 64646.