Possible Pirates Refurb | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Possible Pirates Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
it's not that i don't think they should've been added at all, cause there are some things that added much like Davy Jones and Jack Sparrow being around. my problem was that they added Barbossa so unnecessarily.

and now this, honestly if they add mermaids they're going to step over the boundary of a pirate's life and a fantastical sea adventure, when that's not what it's supposed to be.

There will be a mermaid projection in water in Pirates Cove. They have been working on it for awhile and the short downtime of one day will allow for the quick final installation and presentation of the effect.

Mermaids.

[video=youtube;TbfVeHrsN0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbfVeHrsN0Q&feature=g-u-u[/video]

I like it. They're not shoving anything down our throats, and it's a neat effect. Not sure how it looks in person, but it seems like a plus.

Reactions: BJCool
I didn't get a picture because I had no idea this was being added, lol. Right after the Blackbeard projection there was a mermaid projection on the water on the right side of the boat. I didn't get a great look at it though. The loop of "dead men tell no tales" was gone-only played once at the very start pre-Blackbeard. The audio was a creepy mermaid singing. Then on the beach/island with the crabs there is a wrecked small boat that has been added and inside it is a chained up skeleton of a mermaid. Pretty cool additions!

It looks terrible in that video. Looks like just a light shining on the water, like a search light from the Coast Guard look for drowning guests. Maybe it looks better in person.

WTF was that? I wonder how much that underwater pool light and dead mermaid cost?

WTF was that? I wonder how much that underwater pool light and dead mermaid cost?

I'm taking it that it looks MUCH better in person. Several people on twitter commented that it'd be hard to photograph or video tape. I'd agree with them. I'd hold off on judging this addition till we see it in person.

I've only seen the first movie, and never really intend to see the rest. I don't really care for adding in such out there elements to the ride, but whatever. It could be worse.

I've only seen the first movie, and never really intend to see the rest. I don't really care for adding in such out there elements to the ride, but whatever. It could be worse.

The first one is the best by FAR, but if it didn't spark an interest to see the rest then stop right where you have because its slides down hill fast. :lol:

The first is the only watchable one (Gore Verbinski at his best). Second and third are craptastic. Fourth is an absolute abomination.

I actually like all the films, with the third being my least favorite. But file this addition under completely unnecessary. Taking "Dead Men Tell No Tales" off loop is messing with my childhood just a bit too much.

I like it. I've had always had an irrational theme of the water in theme park attractions, probably because you couldn't tell what was swimming in it it. But now it's heavily implied that murderous mermaids are in the water and I'm spooked.

I actually like this small addition. I didn't really enjoy the fourth film, but this effect certainly adds a level of eeriness.

The first is the only watchable one (Gore Verbinski at his best). Second and third are craptastic. Fourth is an absolute abomination.

I love the first movie. The plot actually makes sense, unlike the rest. The third was the worst.

This addition doesn't really bother me. I think it's neat but, as JungleSkip said, it's not necessary. Is this gonna be added to the DLR version as well? I don't remember hearing anything about it.

Last edited: