New Rumor: Shrek to Close/T2 Upgrade | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

New Rumor: Shrek to Close/T2 Upgrade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oddly, I feel like if "House of Horrors" was a physical ride (like a ghost train or spook house) with actual animatronics instead of actors and similar sets... people would dig it.

But then Uni would get flack for copying the Haunted Mansion.

But then Uni would get flack for copying the Haunted Mansion.

Nah... Haunted Mansion /=/ Frankenstein's Lab+Black Lagoon+Crypts+Mummy's Tomb, etc... besides, the classic monsters came first. And a ghost train is VERY different from an omnimover.

Well we did come close to a Van Helsing ride. :lol:

That... thing they call a "Wolfman" /=/ the classic monsters, haha. But a good point in any a case. I'd love an actual small dark ride showcasing the monsters in their element, though.

Van Helsing isn't on the agenda right now. :lol: Anyways, I'm sure you prefer it's replacement.

I realize it's further down the development pipeline. In the meantime, Uni is releasing the sci-fi epic Oblivion next year, staring Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman, directed by Tron: Legacy's Joseph Kosinski.

Maybe another thought..Percy Jackson? There is a second movie coming out soon, and they're trying to make it "the next Harry Potter" even though I'm sure it won't come close.

How about they make an attraction based on the master of suspense. They could start with a movie montage of several movies, then a 3D portion based on "The birds" and in the next stage we could see how they filmed the shower scene in "Psycho"

That'd be cool

Maybe another thought..Percy Jackson? There is a second movie coming out soon, and they're trying to make it "the next Harry Potter" even though I'm sure it won't come close.

1. Percy Jackson is at Fox.
2. The first one sucked BIG TIME.
3. The sequel will most definitely suck BIG TIME.
4. Uni doesn't need/want a Harry Potter wannabe when THEY ALREADY HAVE HARRY POTTER.
5. Sorry, it will never happen. Uni has a plethora of other IPs to make kiddie attractions out of.

How about they make an attraction based on the master of suspense. They could start with a movie montage of several movies, then a 3D portion based on "The birds" and in the next stage we could see how they filmed the shower scene in "Psycho"

That'd be cool

They had a Hitchcock attraction. It didn't last long........

Last edited:
OK, remember when Disney planned for the ToT to be a hotel themed with gags and monsters, with Mel Brooks involved? What if Universal went a similar route? A ride, several floors in height/length, dedicating a haunted hotel but themed around their classic monsters? Could it work? Would it die rather quickly?

1. Percy Jackson is at Fox.
2. The first one sucked BIG TIME.
3. The sequel will most definitely suck BIG TIME.
4. Uni doesn't need/want a Harry Potter wannabe when THEY ALREADY HAVE HARRY POTTER.
5. Sorry, it will never happen. Uni has a plethora of other IPs to make kiddie attractions out of.

They had a Hitchcock attraction. It didn't last long........

1. Fox also owns Simpsons.
2. A lot of people liked the movie. (Me not being one of them)
3. Could be a hit.
4. I didn't mean in theme, but in magnitude and popularity. A lot of people didn't decide to read the HP books until after watching the first or second movie.

^I meant that they already had a Hitchcock attraction and replaced it. They wouldn't bring back something that they already took out. It would be like bringing Herc and Xena back.

Last edited:
I would love to see them do an attraction like Hitchcock again in that soundstage. Maybe this time they do something with Spielberg or Peter Jackson instead.

And now that I think about it, that could be amazing!

That looks amazing! So much more intense than Twister. And it has more of that movie making feel to it. But it's also pretty similar to Disaster.