Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 578 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should sell a take home pair of 3D glasses that would be good for all attractions...would be a cool little souvenir for people.

For example when Avengers came out last year, they had special edition 3D glasses, why wouldnt they be able to do something like this for a take home souvenir from the parks:

movies_avengers_3d_glasses.jpg

While I think the concept is really cool, I can't see how it would transfer to HP. It could work for certain attractions...

I bet it will be a better overall ride than Aerosmith and Mummy.

And I also agree with this. The combined experience should translate into a great overall ride. But the coaster portion probably will not be the level of Mummy & Aerosmith. Put it all together, and throw in some AA's, we'll probably soon be experiencing an excellent ride that, perhaps, most of the family over 44" can enjoy together.

Will all of the 3D attractions use the same type of 3D tech? If so, It is not beyond reason that they could sell different styles throughout the parks. That way you could at least buy a pair that fit over your prescription glasses better than the ones they have at the attraction. And the kids could pick a pair that fit them better.

And soooo, no one has a comment about my theory of the Weasley Wizard Wheezes location that I posted earlier? I find it odd that no one has made a comment about it.

It would make sense for weasleys to be where you suggested, that way it wouldn't be the very first thing you see. That should be the view of Gringotts. Weasleys should be like a fun surprise that you see out of the corner of your eye and then do a double take.

While I think the concept is really cool, I can't see how it would transfer to HP. It could work for certain attractions...

Because granted not ALL attractions in the parks are in 3d..but with a lot of them going in that direction, it would be cool...and how cool would it be to take your own personal pair of 3D glasses to a movie theater instead of those uncomfortable ones in the bags they give you.

T2, Shrek, Transformers, Gringotts, Spiderman, Despicable Me

And there could be a pair themed to each attraction to sell. :thumbs:

And soooo, no one has a comment about my theory of the Weasley Wizard Wheezes location that I posted earlier? I find it odd that no one has made a comment about it.

All of these potential choices are making me sneer with contempt. For you to bring up a potential shift in an E-Ticket shop makes me puce. To think that Stuart Craig and Gilmore agreed to this crap leaves me speechless. Thus, I didn't reply until you made a second request.

Jungleskip,

You said you were a preferred member correct? I looked in my email and had received no such email that you said you had gotten. I haven't gotten my pass yet nor set up a personal account, is this why I didn't get one?

I just thought I would repost this pic I took on July 9th, 2012

35cijj5.jpg

And check out how good my friend Martin can draw.

v2y6mb.jpg

Maybe he should stick with his day job.

Btw, both of these pics can be found much earlier in this very thread. I just thought it would be a good time to bring them back up.

All of these potential choices are making me sneer with contempt. For you to bring up a potential shift in an E-Ticket shop makes me puce. To think that Stuart Craig and Gilmore agreed to this crap leaves me speechless. Thus, I didn't reply until you made a second request.

So you don't like the direction this is going in Teebin? Or is it specifically this change that upsets you?

- - - Updated - - -

v2y6mb.jpg

Btw, both of these pics can be found much earlier in this very thread. I just thought it would be a good time to bring them back up.

My question would have to be about that semi-circle drawing in the right-hand corner that the ride track appears to go through - is it just because of the way he drew it or is it a specific set piece for the attraction?

I just thought I would repost this pic I took on July 9th, 2012

35cijj5.jpg

v2y6mb.jpg

is that Gringotts?

Martin?, I thought Lee did the drawing. I wonder who severely goaded him into quickly drawing that and other stuff by questioning his authenticity at the time... :wave:

I have no ruth...

Martin?, I thought Lee did the drawing. I wonder who severely goaded him into quickly drawing that and other stuff by questioning his authenticity at the time... :wave:

I have no ruth...
I was actually thinking it was Lee who drew it, but for some reason when I saved it I tagged it as Martin. It was a while ago, and I don't have the time to go back and try to find it over at MAGIC. But it was one of the 2. Lee posts here sometimes so maybe he will chime in.

WOW. A matter of 6 hours and so much happens. First of all, according to that article posted by Theme Park Insider Wizarding World: Diagon Alley sounds like the most amazing theme park experience ever, even more so than the original which I didn't think was possible.

Second of all, Teebin...? What the hell, I don't get what your deal is. Nothing about this expansion sounds like a snoozefest what-so-ever, so I am confused by your comments.

Thirdly, should Universal be building another 3-D attraction? My theory has changed over the last couple years. When I found out Forbidden Journey was going to incorporate so many projection effects and scenes I lost a lot of hope UNTIL I rode the attraction and realized how well it worked for that particular ride. I believe what the creative team is trying to achieve with Gringotts is the same feel, a sense of being there with the characters in a way that traditional rides cannot. Forbidden Journey deals with a lot of long distance travel that a traditional dark ride would not be able to accomplish unless they had the breadth of an entire theme park to house the attraction. If you've seen the first part of the Deathly Hallows films then you know how huge this underground world is and it would be impossible to make you feel that unless there was 3-D film incorporated.

end of line, for now

Status
Not open for further replies.