Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 577 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
“The illustration is obviously an illustration. It’s an artist’s depiction of what the experience will feel like but the level of detail that’s in this rendering is not true to the real thing. It’s going to be so much higher in details and we had to take some creative liberty as to where things are positioned exactly because we’re trying to put everything in a rendering and you want to make sure that the overall impression and the feeling is correct, which it is, but the real thing is going to be so much more than that.”-Thierry Coup

I don't believe that Weasley Wizard Wheezes facade with the tipping hat guy will be facing into the main drag of Diagon Alley as shown in the concept art, but instead be where I have the arrow in the screen cap below:

2ry2dqe.jpg

That survey divulges A LOT of info. Excited to have confirmed it's a 3-D ride. They should just hand you the damn glasses when you walk into the park.

"Innovative 3-D Thrill ride" is what they're claiming. I don't know how I feel about 3-D. I mean, as awesome it would be to have a real Gringotts roller coaster, it just doesn't seem feasible. Unless, its a roller coaster WITH 3D *wishful thinking*

That survey divulges A LOT of info. Excited to have confirmed it's a 3-D ride. They should just hand you the damn glasses when you walk into the park.

I'm not so excited about the 3D... Everything in the parks should not be 3D imo.

"Innovative 3-D Thrill ride" is what they're claiming. I don't know how I feel about 3-D. I mean, as awesome it would be to have a real Gringotts roller coaster, it just doesn't seem feasible. Unless, its a roller coaster WITH 3D *wishful thinking*
It is a REAL roller coaster with 3D. It is just a rather mild coaster.

well, I had the choice reading the TPI post, or taking a melatonin. I didn't realize the effect would be virtually the same. I would like to change my signature graphic at some point...

Interesting article from Robert Niles on ThemeParkInsider: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/index.cfm

Apparently the same interactivity featured in Diagon Alley will eventually carry into Hogsmeade. Interesting.

Was just going to post that.

...Now that I look closely at the concept rendering, there seem to be several of the figures in the crowd with their arms up as though they are pointing a wand.

Clearly these could just be artistic flair, a version of the cliched smile-and-point often seen in concept art, or just an artifact of the impressionistic style.

But mightn't it be a hint at this rumored interactive technology? :look:

One advantage of the 3D is that the screens should be sharp focused & not murky like Harry Potter FJ. Robert Niles at TPI, who had the original Gringotts plans leak & design on his site before Jaws was demolished, has continually stated that the attraction will be a cross between Revenge of the Mummy & Transformers. Sounds like thrills to me.

Hmm... So the awning that goes all above the street between WWW and the Ollivanders block, it continues all the way across main street. Weird... :inquisitive: They probably excluded it from the concept art as it would cover some view. Still, that's so weird... It could be a real eyesore when you walk into DA in-person...

I would think that would totally ruin the view of walking into diagon alley and being able to look up at the buildings and further on toward Gringotts. I hope this isn't the case.

One advantage of the 3D is that the screens should be sharp focused & not murky like Harry Potter FJ. Robert Niles at TPI, who had the original Gringotts plans leak & design on his site before Jaws was demolished, has continually stated that the attraction will be a cross between Revenge of the Mummy & Transformers. Sounds like thrills to me.

It's gonna be a lot less thrilling of a coaster than Mummy.

Ha, they could make it part of the Universal "NextGen" experience. There could be collectable 3D glasses stores all over the place, all with an RFID chip built in to replace park tickets and heck even charge food and merch to your glasses :pound:

I'm just happy Hogwarts Express is not 3D. If it was then I would start to get irritated with 3D in rides. I feel like Shrek needs to be replaced with a non 4D attraction and T2 could be replaced with a different 3D concept.

Will all of the 3D attractions use the same type of 3D tech? If so, It is not beyond reason that they could sell different styles throughout the parks. That way you could at least buy a pair that fit over your prescription glasses better than the ones they have at the attraction. And the kids could pick a pair that fit them better.

And soooo, no one has a comment about my theory of the Weasley Wizard Wheezes location that I posted earlier? I find it odd that no one has made a comment about it.

I think they should sell a take home pair of 3D glasses that would be good for all attractions...would be a cool little souvenir for people.

For example when Avengers came out last year, they had special edition 3D glasses, why wouldnt they be able to do something like this for a take home souvenir from the parks:

movies_avengers_3d_glasses.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.