Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 576 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what on earth SS was.... Then I remembered you guys call it Sourcerer's stone.

Just got a survey in an email from Uni that lists the opening of Diagon Alley as Summer 2014, FYI.

It also confirms what we already know, Gringotts will be in 3-D

Last edited:
One thing I don't understand is why does the covered area extend into Diagon Alley!? In the films and even the concept art it is not this way. In the concept art, the covered area is only after you walk to the right, passing the Weasley’s shop. Here are pictures to better explain things: The yellow circles are the covered area near the exit of the Gringotts attraction. The blue is the Weasley's shop, and the black is the area in question. It seems to extend from the yellow circled covering ACROSS the Diagon Alley pathway

I was trying to figure that out, as well. I'm hoping it is some sort of temporary support structure that's only there to aid in the construction of something else. But I'm worried that they are trying to make covered walkways throughout the area. I guess it's possible that some covering would work out fine and not distract from the visuals of DA, but I'm sceptical.

Could someone send me a link to the tall desks being fabricated? I have been such a doof about saving these things lately.

Here they are:
iegOh3ylq5PHX.jpg

i1hUcb2rxdwYh.jpg

ii0bjIJt1tw8x.jpg

ihnnG53HwsiKs.jpg

One thing I don't understand is why does the covered area extend into Diagon Alley!? In the films and even the concept art it is not this way. In the concept art, the covered area is only after you walk to the right, passing the Weasley’s shop. Here are pictures to better explain things: The yellow circles are the covered area near the exit of the Gringotts attraction. The blue is the Weasley's shop, and the black is the area in question. It seems to extend from the yellow circled covering ACROSS the Diagon Alley pathway
1zxsf1x.png

If I am not mistaken, that's not steel, but sun glare; as in sun rays reflecting off the metal. It has an angle to it that does not correspond with the rest.

If I am not mistaken, that's not steel, but sun glare; as in sun rays reflecting off the metal. It has an angle to it that does not correspond with the rest.

Here it is from a different angle. Clearly seems to extend from the structure in the "Goblin" section over across Diagon Alley right in front of the Weasleys' shop.

DAMysteryConstruction_zps97148e85.jpg

When it is crowded, the exiting guests will be required to exit into the London Waterfront, where they will queue with the rest of the guests wanting to get into Diagon Alley/Hogsmede respectively. However, on less crowded days, they will be allowed to enter directly into the land.

I believe all that this means is that you will be able to walk into Diagon via London, just the same as when it is busy. There won't be duel entrances.

Just got a survey in an email from Uni that lists the opening of Diagon Alley as Summer 2014, FYI.

It also confirms what we already know, Gringotts will be in 3-D

Now I just need them to confirm its Intamin Track with Premier trains :lol:

I believe all that this means is that you will be able to walk into Diagon via London, just the same as when it is busy. There won't be duel entrances.

I agree. That is how I read it too.

Also, the survey clearly says no final decision has been made on whether one park pass people will be able to ride HE. Which is what I got from the other statement sent out about this where people thought it meant they will require it. I think they are trying to get a feel for what the GP will like and dislike before making a decision. Which also fits into what I said, which it will be a business decision not a logistics decision.

Here it is from a different angle. Clearly seems to extend from the structure in the "Goblin" section over across Diagon Alley right in front of the Weasleys' shop.

DAMysteryConstruction_zps97148e85.jpg

Hmm... So the awning that goes all above the street between WWW and the Ollivanders block, it continues all the way across main street. Weird... :inquisitive: They probably excluded it from the concept art as it would cover some view. Still, that's so weird... It could be a real eyesore when you walk into DA in-person...

I do not agree with that. The final portion of the survey was heavily steeped in logistical questions such as wait times, round trips/one ways, and other questions. Logistics will play heavily into this.

When I mean logistics I mean the actual setup of this, not how the people will move through the process. They are asking how people would prefer to move through, because on the business side of things they want to know what people would like or dislike so they will keep coming back. People on here (not you directly) were stating it would be a logistics nightmare to do this or that and I said no matter what they run into the same issues. Turnstiles coming in or going out. So the decision will be based on what makes the most sense on the business side. What will make them more money and people's opinions go a long way with this.

Sorry to confuse you by not fully explaining what I meant about logistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.