Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 575 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the concept art for the entire project has been among the most accurate to date to show the awaiting public the tremendous detail and realism the expansion would provide. If it looked like a giant cartoon I'm pretty sure the Potter faithful may have been, how do I put it, bitching.

The above renderings were actually released in September 2009 when the full slate of attractions, shops, and restaurants were announced. That's why they're so accurate.

That was still 1 year away from grand opening. Arent we expecting DA to be open by 2014. I feel like the art released is what we should expect 95%.

“The illustration is obviously an illustration. It’s an artist’s depiction of what the experience will feel like but the level of detail that’s in this rendering is not true to the real thing. It’s going to be so much higher in details and we had to take some creative liberty as to where things are positioned exactly because we’re trying to put everything in a rendering and you want to make sure that the overall impression and the feeling is correct, which it is, but the real thing is going to be so much more than that.”

Mr. Coup couldn't have put it any better.

Reactions: Felipe
Do you guys think they'll do a JAWS reference on Gringotts? Mummy had a gold Kong statue in the treasure room and Simpsons had Doc selling his Institute to Krusty. Dought Transformers will do a Murder She Wrote one lol.

Well, once you cross the bridge you do enter a tent, its just inside the structure. That's how they had to draw it.

Well, no, that's not how they had to draw it. The original art was done with the notion that there would be a tent. Thus why I said the ORIGINAL owl's view. The second owl's view had the castle back in.

The above renderings were actually released in September 2009 when the full slate of attractions, shops, and restaurants were announced. That's why they're so accurate.

which tells me this is the first of many pieces of concept art we will see....slowly building the interest of this project giving more and more details every month or so

So which Gringott's Hall will we see? The Sorcerer's Stone version that is poorly lit with cobwebs everywhere...

GringottsHall1_zps0d512691.jpg

...or the Deathly Hallows version that is well lit and considerably cleaned up?

GringottsHall2_zpsaa89e0b5.jpg

I'd say the well lit cleaned up version, although (as good as I hear the Goblin animatronics are) dim lighting would increase the realizm of the Goblin animatronics. And I always vote for dirtier and creepier, but that's just me :sneaky:

How did I not even notice that. This area in the attracion queue is huge so I'll be interesting what other rooms within Gringotts, seen or unseen in the films, we wil get the chance to walk through.

I've been hunting down a picture or video of the Draco's Detour scene, where he meets with the Death Eaters in Borgin & Burke's (Half-Blood Prince), and the trio follow him. I could swear that something in the architecture of Knockturn Alley in that scene looks like this:

I think that's an interesting detail in the artwork. Seems detailed enough that it is (or was) a planned feature of the area. I searched this morning for that HBP footage you referred to. This is a portion of a screen shot (I tired to lighten it up for clarity) showing the tall front of Burgin and Burkes, just after Draco enters through a door below that tall window.

BorginampBurkesrooftop_zpsf2ad6498.jpg

I think it would be a stretch to say there's a resemblence here. But that certainly doesn't mean that the artist wasn't trying to depict Kockturn Alley or even Borgin and Burkes.

I'd say the well lit cleaned up version, although (as good as I hear the Goblin animatronics are) dim lighting would increase the realizm of the Goblin animatronics. And I always vote for dirtier and creepier, but that's just me :sneaky:

I'd also vote for the dirtier and creepier look. I expect everything from the Wizarding World to have that gritty look, but since this is Gringotts, it might be a bit more cleaned up.

How did I not even notice that. This area in the attracion queue is huge so I'll be interesting what other rooms within Gringotts, seen or unseen in the films, we wil get the chance to walk through.

Well, HTF did have his location set to Bill Weasley's Office for a while :look:

I think that's an interesting detail in the artwork. Seems detailed enough that it is (or was) a planned feature of the area. I searched this morning for that HBP footage you referred to. This is a portion of a screen shot (I tired to lighten it up for clarity) showing the tall front of Burgin and Burkes, just after Draco enters through a door below that tall window.

BorginampBurkesrooftop_zpsf2ad6498.jpg

I think it would be a stretch to say there's a resemblence here. But that certainly doesn't mean that the artist wasn't trying to depict Kockturn Alley or even Borgin and Burkes.

Yeah, I tried to look for that architectural detail in pictures and in the movies the other day, but I'm still not finding it :(
I am so sure I've seen that somewhere, but no luck finding where yet. I mean, it's even possible I might have seen it in a game, or book artwork, or even Pottermore. It's gonna bug me forever until I find out where I've seen that before :p

Yeah, I imagine they're using the redesigned set version of the hall. The original probably wouldn't fit since I believe it's the interior of the large real-life Australia house.

The only major differences I can see is that the new version has large amount of windows and pillars evenly spaced, and the floor and chandlers have a slightly different design, and the filtered light in the original film.

One thing I don't understand is why does the covered area extend into Diagon Alley!? In the films and even the concept art it is not this way. In the concept art, the covered area is only after you walk to the right, passing the Weasley’s shop. Here are pictures to better explain things: The yellow circles are the covered area near the exit of the Gringotts attraction. The blue is the Weasley's shop, and the black is the area in question. It seems to extend from the yellow circled covering ACROSS the Diagon Alley pathway
1zxsf1x.png

Status
Not open for further replies.