Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 573 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reel, are you still monitoring permits? I am not sure if they have become watered down by money and politics at this point.

I've been trying, but the new permit site is all kinds of awful. You can't just search for construction permits anymore, and your search results are a big blob on random permits dating back through the decade.

^ I feel the same way. After reading all those posts I am happy not to have read the books and not be a die hard fan. Easier to appreciiate the new area apparently. :thumbs:

I am a die hard fan of Harry potter and I know that it will be an amazing park no matter if it is a little inaccurate.

I've been trying, but the new permit site is all kinds of awful. You can't just search for construction permits anymore, and your search results are a big blob on random permits dating back through the decade.

I was more just wondering about Orange county comptroller, Notice of Commencement. That is still the same. I agree that the Orlando site is dated non-functioning junk.

I was just thinking... Everyone was questioning how the HE would work if there's only a track with 1 split. Like what if one train leaves or is delayed etc... Wouldn't it make sense that the trains have a method of communication that they can go back and forth with each other that way they can sync their departure times accordingly?

The monorail type ride system they will be using for Hogwarts Express is a cable system similar to two way trams at air ports, they essentially run using the same cable so they both have to depart and arrive at the exact same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Some great aerial pictures on Theme Park Insider today.

If by great you mean impressivly small then you are correct sir. :)

Anyone have any guesses about what music/songs from the movies they will be pumping into DA/KA/Gringott's? I'm guessing they will select slightly different music from Hogsmeade so it feels different.

So does anyone know if entering Diagon coming from IOA via the Hogwarts Express will have a different entrance or different line than people who are coming into Diagon from within the USF side?

Last edited:
Aren't they dumping everyone back out in London once off HE so you have no choice but to enter from the USF side?

Thats what I was trying to figure out/confirm. But the train itself is going to run INSIDE the expansion, behind the london facades that are visible from within
USF, no? In other words, the train isnt going to wind up OUT IN FRONT of the London facades visible to all in USF, where people from USF are goint to enter the new land from, right?

Or does this mean you get let off inside the new land, but to get into Diagon, youll have to leave the land, just to get back in the land? Perhaps maybe someone can make a mock up of a bird's eye view of where the trains will board/let off people, lines to get into all the areas, etc so we can better understand just how this is all going to work & what to expect, because Im obviously cluless, hence why pretty much all I that I DO know is thanks to you guys.

HTF said softs for HE would start in October right? We could certainly than have a chance to see 1st hand how it will all work, not to mention have yet another new attraction to experience just 3 short months after Transformers opens!

From my understanding, people will enter and leave HE from King's Cross which is on the London side. When you are boarding the train, you are in a building and will not see what is outside of the building (meaning you will have no clue you have crossed into the Diagon side of HP), the only thing that matters is where you enter and exit.

HTF said that the train will start to cycle in October, softs are far from when it will cycle. I think TF has been cycling for three months now, but no softs if that gives you any idea of what could happen with HE in the way of softs. I don't see any softs occurring until 2014.

Last edited:
Anyone have any guesses about what music/songs from the movies they will be pumping into DA/KA/Gringott's? I'm guessing they will select slightly different music from Hogsmeade so it feels different.

I love the potter movie scores, I know them well. The question you raise is one of thought of a lot lately. The music played in Hogsmead currently is pretty much the "best of" playlist from potter moivies 1-6. So there isn't much left that would fit well into Diagon that they haven't already used. I have a feeling we're going to hear all the same music, because that is what the general Potter fan is going to recognize.

Only because I really like this song. It makes no sense in using it thematically.

[video=youtube_share;5NV6Rdv1a3I]http://youtu.be/5NV6Rdv1a3I[/video]

Reel, are you still monitoring permits? I am not sure if they have become watered down by money and politics at this point.

They switched to an even more convoluted site in December where you actually needed to know your permit number or check every new permit every day. It was about that time that I needed to focus more on school/my career, so I gave up.

JungleSkip still checks the comptroller.

ParkRumors seems to be on the inside in some capacity unless they do what I had been doing (check every single permit)

Even if I were still checking, I would have quit when I learned of recent developments. It's not worth getting banned from the parks. I'm fortunate in that I could fight it (my profession) but its not worth the ill will. I wish Bob the best though.

Writing was on the wall early on with this policy of theirs...

It was about this time last year that the first Hogwarts Express permits were filed. Look how far we've come!

As for a prop I would like to see, anything from Fortescues.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the potter movie scores, I know them well. The question you raise is one of thought of a lot lately. The music played in Hogsmead currently is pretty much the "best of" playlist from potter moivies 1-6. So there isn't much left that would fit well into Diagon that they haven't already used. I have a feeling we're going to hear all the same music, because that is what the general Potter fan is going to recognize.

They may add stuff from DH 1 & 2...especially inside Gringotts.

Also, in the London area, I could see them having a British rock/music bgm like the other city areas in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.