Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 571 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these all your aware of, or are these all that have been said (as far as you know)? I just really hope Florean Fortesques is in there, and maybe one generic shop (a Diagon Alley version of Dervish and Banges)...

I would think they would HAVE to have Flourish and Blotts (where the new wizards buy their books). So much of the Diagon Alley "action" takes place there. It could easily become the Dervish and Banges-type shop.

I think once Phase 2 opens, the park closing times will be the same for both parks. Whenever there are corporate buyouts, they usually let them in before park closes, and then by park close time, they only allow those with event badges + lanyards enter the rides, and inform everyone else that the park is closed. I'm not sure how they handle people who just stay hanging around, but they make it work. Recently, there was a BrightHouse event and before park close there were already a lot of people inside the park, all with their special lanyards. Also, I went to LeakyCon 2011 when they had bought out the WWoHP for one night and we could also be in the park from earlier; we had special wristbands and I can't remember if they also made us wear our Con badges + lanyards. Anyways, somehow they manage to make it work, and they do these events quite a lot, so I don't think it'll be an issue :thumbs:
It really depends on how much the company pays to buy the park out and for how long. All private events i've worked are set up after the park closes (or sections of CityWalk) and then group usually arrives via bus near the IOA entrance or backstage by Sinbad.

For the Brighthouse event, Brighthouse employees we allowed in a 6pm. The park (IOA) closed at 8pm. From 8pm-Midnight Brighthouse employees had exclusive access. They also gave us $15 Universal gift cards for food.

It really depends on how much the company pays to buy the park out and for how long. All private events i've worked are set up after the park closes (or sections of CityWalk) and then group usually arrives via bus near the IOA entrance or backstage by Sinbad.

Thanks for the info! So, either way, it shouldn't be an issue on the HE or daily park operations whenever there are corporate events.

Thanks for the info! So, either way, it shouldn't be an issue on the HE or daily park operations whenever there are corporate events.
Some of them are mix in, most of them are set up after the park closes. But they do quite often close the park early for these events.

I sent some of this text to a certain someone tonight. I copied part of it to paste here, so that those at a certain company can read it too...

It makes no sense that they [Uni] care so much about these secrets... as if they think a few leaks might impact business. Nothing will impact the business of Potter, except the loss of one AP member they threw out.

They have become short sighted focusing on OU... OU means NOTHING to their business plan. They should wake up, focus, see that and move forward with confidence. Instead, they continue to creep around certain websites as if we matter at all.

I am pretty sure that ANYTHING we know, their competitor knew long before we did. They actually have REAL corporate spies and moles. We are just tenacious theme park junkies. Annoying, yes. Dangerous, hardly.

But "trespassing for life" someone standing in the park taking pics when numerous news stations have helicopters flying overhead seems silly to me.

I sent some of this text to a certain someone tonight. I copied part of it to paste here, so that those at a certain company can read it too...

It makes no sense that they [Uni] care so much about these secrets... as if they think a few leaks might impact business. Nothing will impact the business of Potter, except the loss of one AP member they threw out.

They have become short sighted focusing on OU... OU means NOTHING to their business plan. They should wake up, focus, see that and move forward with confidence. Instead, they continue to creep around certain websites as if we matter at all.

Good on you Teebin :thumbs:

This whole thing has gotten really old. It's really frustrating because we thought all along they were the ones in Orlando who "got it". They were supposed to be the ones catering to our ravenous desire for new, high quality entertainment. But they still have A LOT of learning to do.

Will people spend less money because they see pictures of speed of light construction, or photos of construction of their favorite IPs? Will constantly watching internet sites for new updates decrease their wallet's enthusiasm? OR, will the unfair prosecution and treatment of a beloved community member leave a VERY bad taste in their mouths? (I'll give you a hint, it's the latter)

Status
Not open for further replies.