Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 570 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! This means there will be about two times the amount of shops in this land than in the original. So even if the stores are as small, the crowds will have more of them so they aren't as crowded.

You've got to realize that many of these will either not be present, or will be the same as Hogsmeade - storefronts that don't actually have shops. There may be more shops this time, but don't get your hopes too high. Just because these shops were in the stories doesn't mean they'll actually be represented in the park.

You've got to realize that many of these will either not be present, or will be the same as Hogsmeade - storefronts that don't actually have shops. There may be more shops this time, but don't get your hopes too high. Just because these shops were in the stories doesn't mean they'll actually be represented in the park.

Darn it, I read the post the wrong way thinking that they meant in the land and not just in the book. I also didn't consider them possibly just being facades.

Ok. A backup update and a wee bit more info now that time has passed.

About 6-8 weeks ago I told you that a certain primary decorative contractor was no longer working this Phase II in shop, because all that could be prefabbed was complete. There was a caveat to that statement that would have been most unwise to discuss at the time. There were the ongoing remains of something in the shop: The set decoration models for the Gringotts ride; they were still laid out in their own area there.

As example of the fact that so much was prefabbed, I will give you some more info that was provided to me by Disneyhead, what appeared to be the front dome of Gringotts bank was created and pretty much finished 8-12 months ago. Only Disneyhead can tell us what the date was as it was his info and he still "has" the info which I do not. I encourage Disneyhead to tell us more of what has been prefabbed and what the dates that they were half way through execution. It is not my info to share. One of the items is wicked cool! :wave:

So you see, much of the pretty architectural stuff was created a long long time ago. Therefore said contractor has little but on-site work to work on going forward.

(as ever, there are dark holes in everything I post here, I mislead, and change stories slightly, however the bottom line is fact)

Last edited:
Thierry Coup has confirmed that the dragon sitting upon Gringotts in the concept art will, indeed, be created! Full details in this article: http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/...-harry-potter-expansion-at-universal-orlando/

This is the quote and I'm still having a hard time seeing where he specifically says its chillin up top.

But getting serious, Coup did reveal that the dragon will indeed be part of Diagon Alley.

“It was such a big part of the stories and the last book. So yeah, we’re bringing the dragon to life as well and the dragon will be doing some cool things, the way dragons do things, you know?”

I envision us "circling" around a a large white creature in the depths of the bank :)
After exiting scene 4 and moving into scene 5.........just a hunch.....

Last edited:
Darn it, I read the post the wrong way thinking that they meant in the land and not just in the book. I also didn't consider them possibly just being facades.

Oh, sorry about that. I had no intention of giving the impression that I had inside information about the park project. By "research" I meant watching the movies, and googling stuff.

Of the shops that I identified in my research, the Hogsmeade section of IOA already has Olivanders, Pottages, and Wiseacres. I may have missed some others - not sure. I wonder (other than Olivander's) if they will keep them in Diagon Alley as well.

Of the shops that I identified in my research, the Hogsmeade section of IOA already has Olivanders, Pottages, and Wiseacres. I may have missed some others - not sure. I wonder (other than Olivander's) if they will keep them in Diagon Alley as well.

The one I'm pretty positive about is Olivander's, because of it's popularity. Because some of Diagon Alley's shops are already in facade forms over in Hogsmeade, we may have a bit more room for actual, unique shops... One can dream :pray:

I was having trouble "examining" that quote as well, but through the rest of his interview, he makes it seem like some parts of the concept art are very accurate. Maybe just a misunderstanding. :doh:

Things I'm 100% on in case anyone cares

Leaky Cauldron
Weasleys
Ollivanders
Madam Malkins
Borgin and Bourkes

I wonder how many people here are, more or less, directly involved with this project. Everyone seems to have info and little tid bits here and there. Interesting.

“It was such a big part of the stories and the last book. So yeah, we’re bringing the dragon to life as well and the dragon will be doing some cool things, the way dragons do things, you know?”

So it won't be stationary with a strobe light behind it! :ears:

Things I'm 100% on in case anyone cares

Leaky Cauldron
Weasleys
Ollivanders
Madam Malkins
Borgin and Bourkes

Are these all your aware of, or are these all that have been said (as far as you know)? I just really hope Florean Fortesques is in there, and maybe one generic shop (a Diagon Alley version of Dervish and Banges)...

Status
Not open for further replies.