Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 572 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As many of you know I have not shot photo updates of UOR for about three weeks now. There is a reason for that and it's not because I lost interest but because the above is true.

I found it surprising that many of you did not find my "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" update out of character. Well, it is but I was and am committed to bringing this forum the best updates I can and for now it will have to be from other area parks. I have a few things in the works to resolve this situation and one of them may require the help of my forum buddies.

I would like to thank every that has given me behind the scenes support and I have to apologized to those of you that did not know. It was determined that it would be best to let the incident die down a bit before making it public.

Thanks everyone, Bob

Wow, thats really crappy of Universal. It shows them in a very negative light and would bad PR if the story got picked up by the media. Hopefully they will change their mind about the whole situation.

Its events like these that make me hate UO and Disney on the way they treat their annual passholders. Like we're all criminals. What a great way to treat your repeat visitors. I'm deeply sorry to hear about that, Bob.

Wow, I'm out of pocket and town for a week and all heck breaks loose. What's ironic is I was also traveling on business when Phase I was announced. Now to get caught up...

Bobwadd was trespassed in the beginning of May, hence why all the insiders disappeared for a little while. The situation has almost sorted itself out, so further discussion of this and vitrol slinging at UOR will probably either prolong this situation or cause Bobwadd to be banned for life.

We should all drop this discussion and wait for something more tangible down the line.

As many of you know I have not shot photo updates of UOR for about three weeks now. There is a reason for that and it's not because I lost interest but because the above is true.

I found it surprising that many of you did not find my "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" update out of character. Well, it is but I was and am committed to bringing this forum the best updates I can and for now it will have to be from other area parks. I have a few things in the works to resolve this situation and one of them may require the help of my forum buddies.

I would like to thank every that has given me behind the scenes support and I have to apologized to those of you that did not know. It was determined that it would be best to let the incident die down a bit before making it public.

Thanks everyone, Bob
I picked up on it in that update, specifically when you said something to the tune of "I have to get what I can get to add to the forums".

Universal will always be my favorite theme park...always....but this....is ridiculous.

It honestly discourages people from taking a vacation in the sense of having fun and being able to take pictures. Like Uni....get a grip. You're a theme park and WE are your BIGGEST fans....and yet you throw US out of a theme park for simply geeking out at the amazing work that you are doing and that is beyond preposterous. Put your big boy pants back on because in my eyes someone stole them from you.

Bobwadd, (as long as it's legal :lol: ) You have my support.

Soooo upsetting. WE really appreciate all you do, Bob. As requested, back on topic; So we all know that for fire hazard reasons and what not there has to be more than one exit/entrance to this new land. I'm pretty sure we know that Kings Cross will be a separate exit/entrance and of course we have the main entrance (which do we know yet if this will look like that Leaky secret street entrance or will we be walking into that red building? Will this entrance be big enough?) and then what, will we have another exit over in the "goblin" area leading off towards Fear Factor?

Well color my enthusiasm for this project dampened. Won't stop me from going, but getting all these updates have always increased my excitement and made me want to visit even more. It's always made me anxious to see in person what I see on the computer screen. But it is what it is. So, the topic at hand.

Just out of curiosity, and it may be WAY too early to know, but are there any sort of street performances or planned stages to be set up similar to the one used for the Hogwarts Frog Choir performances?

what a lame development....I guarantee you it's sites like these that actually get me excited to visit a theme park again.

If I never visited this site, I doubt I would have made the effort to go to IOA the year Potter opened. It also 100% convinced me to do HHN this past year..the first time I had been in 10 years, due to all the excitement/tips on this board.

There is something really cool/special about watching something starting from a plot of dirt, and watching it evolve into a world class theme park attraction. Those photo updates are the heart and soul of that excitement. I hope that despite this recent development that people continue to post construction updates and attraction rumors without feeling the need to be afraid of the Universal Ban Hammer.

Soooo upsetting. WE really appreciate all you do, Bob. As requested, back on topic; So we all know that for fire hazard reasons and what not there has to be more than one exit/entrance to this new land. I'm pretty sure we know that Kings Cross will be a separate exit/entrance and of course we have the main entrance (which do we know yet if this will look like that Leaky secret street entrance or will we be walking into that red building? Will this entrance be big enough?) and then what, will we have another exit over in the "goblin" area leading off towards Fear Factor?

That's my guess, too. Exit(s) out of the "theater" facade.

Quick question - I was at IOA on Saturday and while on DC, I noticed that it seems that the coaster will "fly" over the Hogsmead station. Is that by design you think? or was my persception altered by being on the coaster? It just seemed that opening up the "courtyard" where the LC games are now will also "open up" the view to the coaster :shrug:

I was just thinking... Everyone was questioning how the HE would work if there's only a track with 1 split. Like what if one train leaves or is delayed etc... Wouldn't it make sense that the trains have a method of communication that they can go back and forth with each other that way they can sync their departure times accordingly?

Status
Not open for further replies.