Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 569 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to where the restrooms are, they could be in that mystery area on but then they might have to knock down the Amity one by FFL because they're so close to each other. Or maybe they'll just re-theme the exterior of the Amity one when we get closer to opening to make look like London restrooms...

As to where the restrooms are, they could be in that mystery area on but then they might have to knock down the Amity one by FFL because they're so close to each other. Or maybe they'll just re-theme the exterior of the Amity one when we get closer to opening to make look like London restrooms...

Actually those bathrooms aren't on any of the plans so far, doesn't mean they won't do something with them after this opens, but that little piece of Amity might just stay put.

Maybe they'll re-theme the old Amity bathrooms to fit in with London? :shrug: As nice as it'd be to have a piece of nostalgia with that building, they wouldn't really fit in with the rest of the area.

Maybe they'll re-theme the old Amity bathrooms to fit in with London? :shrug: As nice as it'd be to have a piece of nostalgia with that building, they wouldn't really fit in with the rest of the area.

They could keep Amity on the map with the only attraction being the bathrooms :lol:

After closer examination, BigAWL and Felipe have it right and I once again am mistaken. Ollivander's is in the correct place in BigAWL's labeling and the queue/entrance will be on the Gringott's side. Ooops. I have been rather distracted this week with the "viewing" for a close friend's funeral today at 4pm. To say the least I have tried to distract myself with theme park news, but it has been a really long and busy week. I have only had time to dip into this topic.

Sorry for my hasty examinations of what has been presented.

Last edited:
After closer examination, BigAWL and Felipe have it right and I once again am mistaken. Ollivander's is in the correct place in BigAWL's labeling and the queue/entrance will be on the Gringott's side. Ooops. I have been rather distracted this week with the "viewing" for a close friend's funeral today at 4pm. To say the least I have tried to distract myself with theme park news, but it has been a really long and busy week. I have only had time to dip into this topic.

No apologies necessary. Very sorry for your loss, man. You and your friend's family are in my prayers.

I think they could do another connected store like Zonko's + Honeydukes but now with Madam Malkins + Quality Quidditch Supplies, where they could sell clothes and themed gear.

Well, my research tells me that the order of shops on the right side would be:
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
Flourish and Blotts
Florean Fortescue's
Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment
Olivanders
Scribbulus Writing Instruments

The order on the left side should be:
Magical Menagerie
Madam Malkin's
Quality Quidditch Supplies
Eeylops Owl Emporium
Slug & Jiggers Apothecary (and/or Mr. Mulpepper's Apothecary)
Potage's Cauldron Shop

(Interestingly, comparing scenes from different movies and sets, it would seem that some shops have moved. In the Sorcerer's Stone, Quality Quidditch Supplies used to be on the Olivander's side, but in the London Studio Tour that now houses the set, the Quidditch shop appears on the other side of the street between Madam Malkin's and the Owl Emporium, which were adjacent to each other in the first film. Magic is cool!)

Voldemort voldemort oohh voldy voldy voldy voldemort!

HTF's comment all those moons ago was fake. Had to do with that "Voldemort AA grabs onto the car hoax" to smoke out someone who wasn't who they said they were.

- - - Updated - - -

Really nice to see the park adding a landmark Universal property to the park, just like the Simpsons! right guys?

Yea! And just like Disney is using a classic Disney property to add to Animal Kingdom with Avatar!:thumbs:

Dude, no need apologize :lol: No cred lost :thumbs: BTW, I was gonna make another post about this last night, but I fell asleep. I was looking at the concept art and the movies, and Ollivanders' entrance has to be in main street. The queue probably wraps around the building all the way to the back and covered by the awning seen in the concept art.

Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
Flourish and Blotts
Florean Fortescue's
Olivanders

Magical Menagerie
Madam Malkin's
Eeylops Owl Emporium
Potage's Cauldron Shop

(Interestingly, comparing scenes from different movies and sets, it would seem that some shops have moved. In the Sorcerer's Stone, Quality Quidditch Supplies used to be on the Olivander's side, but in the London Studio Tour that now houses the set, the Quidditch shop appears on the other side of the street between Madam Malkin's and the Owl Emporium, which were adjacent to each other in the first film. Magic is cool!)

Great research! :thumbs: I was also watching the movies last night and browsing through the WB Tour pictures, and was trying to figure this out. I think the WB Tour has the latest layout as seen in HBP. Now, a couple of things I also noted... In HBP and the Tour, the archway to enter the passageway that leads to Knockturn Alley is to the left of Scribbulus (and to the right, below Gringotts.) I think this is where we'll see the earlier design where KA is on the left of side. Another change is that Leaky will have to be fit in to our left when we enter, since we don't enter from the back of Leaky.

I think little shifts are to be expected here and there since the movies don't show some places we will see walking this layout of Diagonal Alley, like backs of buildings that will need to have something interesting to look at, so they will probably move some stores or facades to be in the backs of buildings from main street, unless they decide to make them look more plain like houses or something. I am referring to the other streets like the ones to between Ollivanders and Gringotts, and behind the Grimmauld Place facade.

Last edited:
It looks like there's some outdoor seating on the right side of the concept art. Maybe there will be a show there where something goes horribly wrong and the dragon escapes in the distance. If they made a show out of the dragon's escape I don't think it could happen right in front of Gringotts because it would mess with traffic for getting into the ride.

^ Are you talking about the straight grey lines numbering approx 9? If so, then I believe is meant to appear as another glass domed roof or large awning high up in the air. It is so vaguely scratched in that I doubt that means much of anything at this point.

Don't count on any quiet time at all for the first year :lol:
I as well am hoping for a trip to Flordia Sept 2014. Anyone there the September they opened Phase 1? Had the crowds died down at all at that point? I know I went end of Aug start of Sept 2011 and the parks were dead! Workers of Dragon Challenge were telling me how to access the line again without having through the queue and then would shuffle my friend and I right back to row 1 time and time agian!

I as well am hoping for a trip to Flordia Sept 2014. Anyone there the September they opened Phase 1? Had the crowds died down at all at that point? I know I went end of Aug start of Sept 2011 and the parks were dead! Workers of Dragon Challenge were telling me how to access the line again without having through the queue and then would shuffle my friend and I right back to row 1 time and time agian!

As far as I'm aware, crowds were relatively quiet as of September 1 following the opening, however, with the Hogwarts Express open, I can easily see a pilgrimage to make the famous departure from Kings Cross on September 1...
However, I want to be optimistic as I may be going at that time as well. So here's to hoping that it's similar to the first year of WWOHP Phase I and we don't have to deal with overly heavy crowds.

Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
Flourish and Blotts
Florean Fortescue's
Olivanders

Magical Menagerie
Madam Malkin's
Eeylops Owl Emporium
Potage's Cauldron Shop

Yes! This means there will be about two times the amount of shops in this land than in the original. So even if the stores are as small, the crowds will have more of them so they aren't as crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.