Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 567 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not necessarily someone with knowledge. But here's my best guess.

DiagonAlley_zps75b80323.jpg

That was really nice of you to put together! Thanks! It just still doen't make sense to me that the left side would be knocturn... UNLESSSSSSSS it is indoors, that would be creepy as FU... fun, it would be fun.

LOL. Both I suppose. Just curious about how many places they'll have selling it. It'll be reassuring to know that I'll be able to purchase my favorite refreshing, sugary drink at Studios.

You can bet the bank that Universal is going to make Butterbeer available in 2.0. As much as that stuff moves and the profit they make you can almost guarantee it will be there also.

You can bet the bank that Universal is going to make Butterbeer available in 2.0. As much as that stuff moves and the profit they make you can almost guarantee it will be there also.

Which is another reason to have an Olivanders in both parks, more $$$. I still find it funny that they somehow convinced JK to allow them to sell wands EVERYWHERE possible since I specifically remember her saying she only wanted them sold at Olivanders.

-Knockturn is to the left and will include Borgin and Bourkes with a self paced Ollivanders type experience. It will include one effect I'm very excited to see guests reactions. Almost to the point where we could even see YouTube videos of potter fans expressions. Knockturn is something I'm very excited for, almost more than the Hogwarts Express.

-Butterbeer will be abundant throughout Diagon with an indoor location as well, not including Leaky

-Over there? Goblins....

Reactions: Cecilia
Which is another reason to have an Olivanders in both parks, more $$$. I still find it funny that they somehow convinced JK to allow them to sell wands EVERYWHERE possible since I specifically remember her saying she only wanted them sold at Olivanders.

The Olivander Original wands are only available at Olivanders. The character wands are the ones you can get everywhere. And in wizarding terms they would be more of a souvenir then a real wand, because obviously you cant buy Harry's wand.

-Knockturn is to the left and will include Borgin and Bourkes with a self paced Ollivanders type experience. It will include one effect I'm very excited to see guests reactions. Almost to the point where we could even see YouTube videos of potter fans expressions. Knockturn is something I'm very excited for, almost more than the Hogwarts Express.

-Butterbeer will be abundant throughout Diagon with an indoor location as well, not including Leaky

-Over there? Goblins....

Thanks! Sounds interesting... hope to run into you in the parks sometime again man! Like old times!

-Over there? Goblins....

Goblins???

Goblins play area for the kids? :pound:

Now that I think about it the movie characters are facing Weasley's in the movies often, with Olivandres on the left. So if you're facing Weasley's you're facing the entracne to Diagon. Malfloy is seen running off down an alley to Knocturn away from Olivanders which WOULD put Knocturn on the left side of the park. But all those pointed roofs and little passages on the right side of the new land definitely look a lot more like the Knocturn of the 6th movie... can someone with the knowledge please make a map...? :)

I've been hunting down a picture or video of the Draco's Detour scene, where he meets with the Death Eaters in Borgin & Burke's (Half-Blood Prince), and the trio follow him. I could swear that something in the architecture of Knockturn Alley in that scene looks like this:

Being a huge HP and Halloween fan, I'm totally ecstatic at the thought of HP+Creepiness combined. This is one of my most anticipated things in DA!

I'm just going to leave this here:
250px-Madam_Malkin%27s.jpg

I think they could do another connected store like Zonko's + Honeydukes but now with Madam Malkins + Quality Quidditch Supplies, where they could sell clothes and themed gear.

I believe Ollivander's will be where you have the Owl Emporium but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure Ollivanders is that building as labeled. I think the side facing Diagon Alley main street may be facades for other stores, and the queue and entrance is gonna be on the Gringotts side.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity where did the idea of an Owl Emporium come from anyway?

It's pretty iconic. They better, at least, have a facade.

It's probably gonna be just a facade. I don't think they'll be selling owls and magical pets :lol: And I don't think they'd dedicate a full store to stuffed animals either :p

I think it would be hilarious to walk into such a store (and the plush does really well now), but it's not on the slate of stores I've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.