Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 582 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would any of my wonderful friends have a layout of FJ with where all the sets are and what not? ^^ That picture makes me wonder...We certainly dont move around in a circle with those screens right?

Would any of my wonderful friends have a layout of FJ with where all the sets are and what not? ^^ That picture makes me wonder...We certainly dont move around in a circle with those screens right?

You move in a circle yes, and goodness if someone does have a FJ layout please let me know via PM. I would love to see that!

^^^Whhaaaa?! I always thought we were on a track like Spidey or TF not moving in a circle! [HASHTAG]#mindblown[/HASHTAG]....and I second his request! Im fascinated now!

^^^Whhaaaa?! I always thought we were on a track like Spidey or TF not moving in a circle! #mindblown....and I second his request! Im fascinated now!

Wait what?! :lol:

You move along a track like in Spider-Man but when you enter the domes the ride track follows in a circle as the domes continually spin 360 degrees

^^^Whhaaaa?! I always thought we were on a track like Spidey or TF not moving in a circle! #mindblown....and I second his request! Im fascinated now!

Well you are moving on a similar track. You don't move in a full circle. Just most of it. Looking at that picture. Imagine coming in from your left at 104-e. You'd stay in sync with the carousel, moving counterclockwise, until you got to about the position of dome 104-c. Then you're passed on to the rest of the attraction again.

UPDATE: Here's a video showing a much simpler design, but it's the same idea. (Skip to about 0:20 for dome scene)

[video=youtube;ndlP529N-zw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ndlP529N-zw#![/video]

Last edited:
Remember how innovative Spider-Man was for digital screens and multimedia? Expect the same jump forward with Gringotts. It won't matter if your into HP or not, or whether you like 3D or not. This is a ride that is going to separate itself from the pack. A ride which will be the flagship attraction for many years to come. For those who were too young to truly appreciate the overwhelming experience of Spider-Man this is your shot to get that feeling. A ride that can not only set the new standard but redefine what we think is possible only comes around once a decade or sometimes even longer. In 2014 many will get that "feeling" on the northern edge of Diagon Alley.

Speaking of how attractions change in the development process due to budget cuts, now might be an interesting time to remember that Spider-Man originally called for LIVE ACTORS within the ride. Imagine if Spidey swung off the screen, landed on a physical set piece, and then leaped back "into" the next screen.

It's easy to see why this would be cut. But, imagine if Gringott's incorporated live actors into the ride's show scenes. (That faint noise you just heard was the sound of my head exploding).

Wishful thinking!

You may get wet while riding. Water will be featured on Gringotts.

Thief's Downfall.....

iMl0LjxDuRUYJ.jpg

iAerAZKnu5Nns.jpg

ibrhIE4LDPX2d9.jpg

izhpEF4zMOiOM.jpg

iRWpfcbgxzE6a.jpg

ibd7Y18QIqRcpR.jpg

ibzspRBvq5PWsO.jpg

ijVhp328SeBcw.jpg

Missing or scaled back effects from the FJ. All from current or previous version of the ride.

1. Traveling through castle interiors with loads of brickwork
2. Nearly Headless Nick AA
3. Moving Staircase scene
4. Fall from a real dragon chase through a bridge and land into the Forbidden Forrest
5. Real Spider AA not static
6. Dementors scaled back
7. Basilisk AA
8. Whomping Willow

Much of this was mid to early blue-sky was it not? I only know of the willow, dementors and dungeon floor fog (which makes no sense) being cut in the final 6-8 months.

Oh yeah, and the animated sign post. Another idea that made it out for bid even though it makes no sense to the story, whatsoever.

Last edited:
I think the selling of 3D glasses, especially kids one would be a good idea. I keep wanting to get my daughter a pair that would fit her, but would have no clue which ones would interact with the rides properly.

The only issue I see with this, is the tech for the newer rides (spiderman, superman, etc) is different than the tech for the older rides (Shrek, T2). So not sure if the higher tech glasses would work for the lower tech ones. Hence why I have never done the research to figure out if I can get glasses for her. The big ones given out at the parks fall off of her and she now likes to keep them on the whole time when watching 3D shows like Shrek or Philharmonic.

Missing or scaled back effects from the FJ. All from current or previous version of the ride.

1. Traveling through castle interiors with loads of brickwork
2. Nearly Headless Nick AA
3. Moving Staircase scene
4. Fall from a real dragon chase through a bridge and land into the Forbidden Forrest
5. Real Spider AA not static
6. Dementors scaled back
7. Basilisk AA
8. Whomping Willow

Most of the cuts were $$. But the cut in the Dementors was because it was to dark of a ride. And the Whomping Willow is capable of so much more, but ride path intrusion is limited for safety reasons.

I think the more interesting one, and the one that makes we wonder about Gringots is that FJ was originality 3D. The ride video is all filmed in 3D, your seeing the film for one of the eyes. And that smaller center aisle near the sorting hat is where the glasses are supposed to sit in themed containers.

I think the more interesting one, and the one that makes we wonder about Gringots is that FJ was originality 3D. The ride video is all filmed in 3D, your seeing the film for one of the eyes. And that smaller center aisle near the sorting hat is where the glasses are supposed to sit in themed containers.

I believe the reason they have three queues is that one is for the as-yet-unused express pass line, one is for standby, and one is for single riders. This is the first I've ever heard that FJ was supposed to be 3D.

Thief's Downfall.....
Anyone have any theories as to what happens after the thief's downfall. For instance in the movie they fall out of the vehicle. Apparently the rumor is that the track will drop. Sounds amazing. Im just wondering how that will be done as far as the story. We fall, land back on the track, and keep going? Any theories?

I believe the reason they have three queues is that one is for the as-yet-unused express pass line, one is for standby, and one is for single riders. This is the first I've ever heard that FJ was supposed to be 3D.

This makes sense, because if they ever added the express pass they could send those guests though the "castle tour" queue. Right now that third queue by the sorting hat is used for child swap

Anyone have any theories as to what happens after the thief's downfall. For instance in the movie they fall out of the vehicle. Apparently the rumor is that the track will drop. Sounds amazing. Im just wondering how that will be done as far as the story. We fall, land back on the track, and keep going? Any theories?

Youre not the only one who has thought about this. Maybe Hermione saves the day once again and stops us from hitting the ground then magically brings us back up to track?!

Perhaps after the fall we will land in a 'screen' segment that will simulate our vehicle careening through rough, trackless terrain.

- - - Updated - - -

You may get wet while riding. Water will be featured on Gringotts.

Wouldn't water and 3D glasses be a bad combination?

I'm thinking, based on previous roomers about a steam screen with projected bricks for the 9 3/4, that the effect for squid face on the updated pirates of the carribean ride might be used. It will br projected to look like water but it's actually steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.