Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone else see a potential for a house based on the upcoming movie The Purge? My friend told me about it and a HHN house idea just popped into my head.

My brother just showed me the trailer for that the other day, and I didn't think HHN right away when I saw it, but now that you mention it, that could work. It'd be a psychological horror type house. And it's a Universal movie, too, so maybe :shrug:

My brother just showed me the trailer for that the other day, and I didn't think HHN right away when I saw it, but now that you mention it, that could work. It'd be a psychological horror type house. And it's a Universal movie, too, so maybe :shrug:

It would also make for a good scarezone. It's basically just people running around causing chaos and carnage. Normal everyday citizens with chainsaws and machetes. Though I'm not sure how scary it would be to see regular dressed people jumping out at you in the streets of Uni.

Reminds me of a Star Trek episode and kinda looks like The Strangers.

It would also make for a good scarezone. It's basically just people running around causing chaos and carnage. Normal everyday citizens with chainsaws and machetes. Though I'm not sure how scary it would be to see regular dressed people jumping out at you in the streets of Uni.

If they even bring back Scaresones, then yes, it would make a great scarezone.

Me think Comcast sees dollar signs with all of these IP houses...I'm guessing the stretch of purely original houses have now gone the wayside and we're leaning more heavily towards IPs which is pretty sad, but at least we get 8 houses again this year :thumbs:

BUUUUTT an Evil Dead house would ONLY, and mean ONLY be good if whoever is playing the girl is allowed to fully cuss, swear and be nasty as heck to the people walking by...otherwise, it wouldn't feel the same.

Me think Comcast sees dollar signs with all of these IP houses...I'm guessing the stretch of purely original houses have now gone the wayside and we're leaning more heavily towards IPs which is pretty sad, but at least we get 8 houses again this year :thumbs:

BUUUUTT an Evil Dead house would ONLY, and mean ONLY be good if whoever is playing the girl is allowed to fully cuss, swear and be nasty as heck to the people walking by...otherwise, it wouldn't feel the same.

Gotta remeber, people bring their kids to these things. Some people just might find it upright mean and be offened. Now, I'm not against you on this but do consider the little things.

Gotta remeber, people bring their kids to these things. Some people just might find it upright mean and be offened. Now, I'm not against you on this but do consider the little things.

It's still advertised as an adult event that's not suitable for children. The parents are putting it on themselves when they bring them to the event.

Funny I posted that Purge thing on a Website with rumors and it got yanked down,,,Hmm maybe hit to close. HHN is only adult themed when it comes to selling liquor. I worked haunts were people brought kids under 7 then get mad when they got scared really.....

Funny I posted that Purge thing on a Website with rumors and it got yanked down,,,Hmm maybe hit to close. HHN is only adult themed when it comes to selling liquor. I worked haunts were people brought kids under 7 then get mad when they got scared really.....

Really??? It seems like such a great idea for a House and especially a ScareZone. Maybe they could put iit in Springfeild or New York. That is, if they even bring back scarezones...

Definitely see it more as a scarezone than a house. Don't know how effective of a marketing tool it would be the for the DVD release if it's a scarezone.

I can't see it happening, but it's definitely a decent fit.

Regardless if parents are stupid enough to be pushing strollers through the park, and yes I've seen STROLLERS...but this event is intended for an older crowd...they could even put a PG -13 warning somewhere and warn the parents the foul language may be used once you're within the park...they could even put warnings on signs, queue videos and what not as well....so basically if they say something at GR...they can point to the sign where it says it in plain english.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the roaming zones were because there wasn't many areas they could put set pieces for the zones...I think this year they will do a better job and hopefully have more theming.

Tell that to the female vampire on the bed in Castle Vampyr...EPIC

and kinda looks like The Strangers.

Honestly, that's what I thought of when I saw the trailer :lol:

It sure looks that way, though I hope they find the balance, and a reason to even have creative and A&D...

That would be awesome :rofl:

Ohh... Ooohh... :look:
I agree with Vyrus. I think they should just add it to freaking warning signs and if people don't like it, they can eff off :lol: Shorter lines will only make me more happy! :cheers:

It's a PG-13 event. The gore might extend into rated R territory but that is the only thing. The sex and the language is all PG-13.

It certainly did not use to be. Even in 2008 scare actors in CREATURES! were making sexually lewd references (very in character, mind you).