Twister...Ride It Out | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Twister...Ride It Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It occurred to me the other night, that there is supposedly another GhostBuster moving coming out and that holographs have improved greatly. Obviously that would fit in the existing space.

It occurred to me the other night, that there is supposedly another GhostBuster moving coming out and that holographs have improved greatly. Obviously that would fit in the existing space.

I'd be fine with Ghostbusters coming back and taking it's old building from Twister. I don't see it happening anytime soon, but I'd approve lol.

I'd be fine with Ghostbusters coming back and taking it's old building from Twister. I don't see it happening anytime soon, but I'd approve lol.
I don't understand the fascination with Ghostbusters...I saw it and it was very cheesy...I would much rather have Hitchcock back

I remember reading a few years ago that Universal had reacquired the rights to the Ghostbusters franchise and was working on an attraction for one of their overseas parks...my guess would be Korea or Dubai. Up until now, nothing has ever come from it. I'd be THRILLED to see a Ghostbusters family attraction come to UOR or USH!

This video is from 8/8/2013. It appears the movie sign is once again flying away and the pedestrian sign has returned. Can't tell if the fire is back in full force though.
[video=youtube_share;5JRLh4VQTtQ]http://youtu.be/5JRLh4VQTtQ[/video]

Well this may be somewhat off topic...but does anyone know how the twister is created..fog? mist? haze? I've been wondering for a while

Well this may be somewhat off topic...but does anyone know how the twister is created..fog? mist? haze? I've been wondering for a while

The Universal Studios "Twister" effect is merely a large-scale version of a typical science fair tornado machine. A mister, humidifier or smoker is at the bottom. A large fan that creates an updraft is at the top. And air jets -- or air intake slots, in the case of an enclosed twister -- go around the sides to spin the column of smoke. At Universal Studios, the jets are concealed inside hollow, perforated prop telephone poles that surround the illusion.

...and if I recall the air funnel is always there. It'd take too long to sync all the fans upto speed. Thats why its so noisy when you enter and exit. You only see it when smoke is added.

My idea for a Twister replacement- a Sharknado ride, so that way we could have Twister AND get Jaws back.

492914.jpg

The Sharknado idea is actually pretty good.

With all the shark craze for Shark Week and Sharknado, a new shark ride would be a good idea.

Not sure what will help Twister, they should just take it out and put something else in it's spot. There's never even a line for it anymore.

With all the shark craze for Shark Week and Sharknado, a new shark ride would be a good idea.

Not sure what will help Twister, they should just take it out and put something else in it's spot. There's never even a line for it anymore.

To be fair, it packs in the crowds - it's got a very solid capacity.

And is anyone legitimately suggesting the creation of a Sharknado ride here? Seriously?

I don't even know where to begin.

Universal should not be closing down classic attractions, especially ones to which they own the rights of the IP, and replace it with a trendy thing (I can't even call Sharknado a movie) that won't be remembered at all in a year or so. Sharknado is a joke, a joke in which it is it's own punchline.

Shark Week is something that SeaWorld should take advantage of. Shark Week is really about shark education, not shark entertainment, though sometimes Discovery likes to blend those lines together.

Twister is just fine. It's getting an update. The reason why there's not a line is because it's really a show, not a ride. It sucks in a bunch of people and holds them for quite a long time. It's not a low capacity ride, like E.T.

Edit:

And is anyone legitimately suggesting the creation of a Sharknado ride here? Seriously?

I'm not entirely sure of that answer myself.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts