Fast & Furious Attraction? | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will there be a Fast and Furious ride at UOR?

• Yes

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are talks of a Fast and the Furious attraction coming to the Studio Tour at USH due to the closure of F&F: Extreme Close-Up, that could in turn be converted to a ride similar to what was planned for King Kong 360:3D a year ago or so. But replacing RR&R? I don't think so.

No way they replace RRR this soon. They will work out the bugs by converting all the vehicles during the off season and have it running full force come Potter 2.0 opening.

No way they replace RRR this soon. They will work out the bugs by converting all the vehicles during the off season and have it running full force come Potter 2.0 opening.

I'm sure they've been saying the same thing for 5 years.

The ride is a POS and should be put out of its misery. It won't be. But it should.

I agree that it's a POS as-is. However, until I ride the new trains and see how the ride operates with its new fleet, I will spare it from a lynching. If the new trains don't fix the issues, then I say lynch away and destroy that waste of space!

A F&F ride COULD be awesome, but I can't see where they have the space to make it awesome. It would really need a few long stretches of 'road' to make it a great thrill ride, but they would likely have to dumb it down to mostly simulated speed and movement, which would not be great imo.

Not impossible, unless you're referring simply to space constraints. It could be totally done...wouldn't be cheap though!

I recall HTF saying somewhere that a F&F ride is in the plans for Universal Studios Moscow, provided that park actually happens. If it does, then I wonder if we could get a clone of that ride...

Not impossible, unless you're referring simply to space constraints. It could be totally done...wouldn't be cheap though!

I'm just talking about space...considering how long it takes for Test Track to get up to 60 mph, there's no way it could work in the space that HRRR takes up (also no room for banked turns and theming).

UniRuss-320x245.jpg
Number 5! Maybe! Concept art of universal moscow

On the right side of the park is what appears to be a racing or driving attraction that winds through some city facades. Given the popularity of the Fast and the Furious movies, and that they are from Universal Pictures, this might be a Fast and the Furious attraction.

I'm just talking about space...considering how long it takes for Test Track to get up to 60 mph, there's no way it could work in the space that HRRR takes up (also no room for banked turns and theming).

Who said the space HRRR takes up? I meant something like a 3rd gate or the MIB/Springfield plot

Status
Not open for further replies.