Fast & Furious Attraction? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will there be a Fast and Furious ride at UOR?

• Yes

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIB turning into Godzilla and mystery plot for F&F Tokyo Drift, having an asian (thai/japanese/chinese) food section.... and we have a new city section...

TOKYO!

MIB turning into Godzilla and mystery plot for F&F Tokyo Drift, having an asian (thai/japanese/chinese) food section.... and we have a new city section...

TOKYO!

Um no no no...MIB STAYS!!! Fast and Furious become part of world expo, and Godzilla replaces disaster since the new movie this year is set in San Francisco

Although Universal usually brings in original rides I would be completely fine with them bringing in a ride like Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar point for F&F. Wouldn't require a whole lot of real estate either.

Although Universal usually brings in original rides I would be completely fine with them bringing in a ride like Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar point for F&F. Wouldn't require a whole lot of real estate either.

they have MORE than enough space at the MIB/Mystery Plot to put in a multi-level ride like test track

While I would love a ride like TTD, I just don't see it because:

1. The last strata built was in 2005 (Kingda Ka). As far as I know they are maintenance nightmares. With HRRR already causing issues in maintenance, I don't believe they would want a strata. Now a MACK Launch like Blue Fire or an Intamin LSM like Cheetah Hunt I can see (Cheetah really doesn't have any problems as far as I know). Heck, build Tokyo with a Launched coaster blending in as well as another ride and I'll be happy.
2. That type of ride just doesn't fit Universal's criteria. It just seems too big in height for a Universal addition.

You know somebody suggested it as a replacement for disaster (forgot who but please claim credit if it is) that's a brilliant idea for a 360 3D attraction!!! Not only that but doesn't one fast and furious movie take place in San Fran? I'd be really down with that

You know somebody suggested it as a replacement for disaster (forgot who but please claim credit if it is) that's a brilliant idea for a 360 3D attraction!!! Not only that but doesn't one fast and furious movie take place in San Fran? I'd be really down with that

No....but its still a novel idea. Personally I'd rather see it be less screen based and more like Test Track. I would be more than happy with them removing MIB for it despite the attraction being a personal favorite.

The fast and furious takes place in LA, Miami, South America, and Europe. I thought it would be a good replacement for Disaster because they could use the same RV's/ Ride system, and just have two 360 3D dome theaters to allow more capacity. Disaster really is a perfect building for a 360 ride, and USF doesn't have any 360 styled rides yet. With Kong going into IOA, Fast & Furious seems pretty logical to come in as a 360 ride.

Last edited:
No....but its still a novel idea. Personally I'd rather see it be less screen based and more like Test Track. I would be more than happy with them removing MIB for it despite the attraction being a personal favorite.

something we must learn is that nothing at Universal will be there forever....

Expect Marvel if Disney keeps making such awesome movies!

Since the other thread got locked... To the person who said they'd do the same thing they are doing to Kong... Kong is a completely new attraction going in at IOA, not a retrofit of Disaster. Like I said, if F&F comes to USF it will more than likely be a much larger attraction that has little or nothing to do with the small segment that will be featured on the tram.

Well obviously disaster is on it's way out and the most reasonable example for it is to replace it with a 360 3D ride. The 360 3D idea on its own is brilliant and orlando would really benefit on one. It's something the whole family can ride, has cool tech and the RVs are already there. Fast and furious would be great there. Could you imagine cars flying around you with explosions and wind effects? Talk about badass!!! It might seem like we are getting hollywoods sloppy seconds but hey it's looking pretty hot over there. I predict this will be the 2015 attraction. Disaster will be replaced by fast and furious, if I'm wrong I'll buy you a coke

Last edited:
Since the other thread got locked... To the person who said they'd do the same thing they are doing to Kong... Kong is a completely new attraction going in at IOA, not a retrofit of Disaster. Like I said, if F&F comes to USF it will more than likely be a much larger attraction that has little or nothing to do with the small segment that will be featured on the tram.

If your referring to me, I know Kong isn't going to be a 360 ride in IOA, what I was trying to say is that since a Kong ride is in the works a Fast&Furious 360 ride wouldn't be a bad idea to replace disaster with. Also USF could make their own cg scenes, and make it into a longer ride with a more elaborate story line. Also a 360 attraction doesn't have to be a 1 minute ride. Universal could stretch it so it is around a 4 minute long show, which would make it into a full fledged ride. All I was trying to say is that it wouldn't be a bad idea for USF to take the idea/concept behind F&F: Supercharged and make it into something spectacular.

If your referring to me, I know Kong isn't going to be a 360 ride in IOA, what I was trying to say is that since a Kong ride is in the works a Fast&Furious 360 ride wouldn't be a bad idea to replace disaster with. Also USF could make their own cg scenes, and make it into a longer ride with a more elaborate story line. Also a 360 attraction doesn't have to be a 1 minute ride. Universal could stretch it so it is around a 4 minute long show, which would make it into a full fledged ride. All I was trying to say is that it wouldn't be a bad idea for USF to take the idea/concept behind F&F: Supercharged and make it into something spectacular.

Not you, boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.