Fast & Furious Attraction? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will there be a Fast and Furious ride at UOR?

• Yes

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your referring to me, I know Kong isn't going to be a 360 ride in IOA, what I was trying to say is that since a Kong ride is in the works a Fast&Furious 360 ride wouldn't be a bad idea to replace disaster with. Also USF could make their own cg scenes, and make it into a longer ride with a more elaborate story line. Also a 360 attraction doesn't have to be a 1 minute ride. Universal could stretch it so it is around a 4 minute long show, which would make it into a full fledged ride. All I was trying to say is that it wouldn't be a bad idea for USF to take the idea/concept behind F&F: Supercharged and make it into something spectacular.

Exactly!!! It has 3 preshow rooms aswell, they could really make this into a long immersive experience with possibly some interactive elements. I'm totally down for this

Yes I think it'll come but in a complete ride form like they did with Jaws and are going to do with Kong. Universal is a smart business and I'm sure they want to reuse the assets.
I think the ride will put you in really cool cars (like the movies) and has some real life action like fast transitions between screens that will take care of the stunts. Because of that the footprint will be big.
For me, I would love that ride but wouldn't care about the franchise. There is only 1 "car" movie I would watch multiple times and that is The Cannonball Run, so much goofiness. :)

I thought it would be fun if cars were attached to Kuka arms (Like on the tram tour)..but we were riding the cars

Also, the attraction could expand into the Disaster queue space/add a floor to become bigger...and it would all still be counted as a building refurb for construction purposes..

Exhibit A ::
[video=youtube;-VXhfk47Mh4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VXhfk47Mh4[/video]

I thought it would be fun if cars were attached to Kuka arms (Like on the tram tour)..but we were riding the cars

Also, the attraction could expand into the Disaster queue space/add a floor to become bigger...and it would all still be counted as a building refurb for construction purposes..

Exhibit A ::
[video=youtube;-VXhfk47Mh4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VXhfk47Mh4[/video]

Yeah that would be sick, possibly kuka arm cars could combine with the screen to add to some effects? This could be one tank of a attraction

What technology would the ride be? Spider-Man, a launched coaster or copy Test Track?

Something like Test Track would be pretty cool for this kind of ride. I don't think they would do something like Spider-Man again since Transformers just opened up and it would be repetitive. The launch coaster would make more sense if it were a dueling launch coaster. To me, the Test Track idea makes the most sense. There could be indoor action sequences and finally an indoor version of the outside portion of the ride. Is that even possible?

Have any of you done the Italian Job Stunt Coaster over at Kings Dominion? A ride like that for F&F would be really cool.

Have any of you done the Italian Job Stunt Coaster over at Kings Dominion? A ride like that for F&F would be really cool.
That would be neat..and it's a "family" coaster so that would fit Uni's new model..I wonder if they could plop a coaster down in San Fran using the Disaster building and the backstage areas of the park?

All I'm saying is that if 360 3-D is the basis for a stand alone attraction... then you're going to be disappointed. It's a great add-on to the tram, but really it's nothing to base an E/D ticket on. If you're in the middle of the tram, good luck seeing much of anything. Ghosting has been rather prevalent the numerous times I've been on it.

All I'm saying is that if 360 3-D is the basis for a stand alone attraction... then you're going to be disappointed. It's a great add-on to the tram, but really it's nothing to base an E/D ticket on. If you're in the middle of the tram, good luck seeing much of anything. Ghosting has been rather prevalent the numerous times I've been on it.
That's only for kong 360. The video doesn't move that much and if you are in the wrong row you'll be looking at a CGI bush the entire time. This time is a car chase, not only will you be moving the entire time but cars will be driving next to you, it's non stop action and it would work for a 360 ride

That's only for kong 360. The video doesn't move that much and if you are in the wrong row you'll be looking at a CGI bush the entire time. This time is a car chase, not only will you be moving the entire time but cars will be driving next to you, it's non stop action and it would work for a 360 ride

So the fix for ghosting is having more images moving at faster speeds? :lol: And I didn't mean the middle car of the tram. I mean if you are in the middle seat at any given section of the tram, it's near impossible to get a good view of anything.

No I meant like the row you get in the tram, like if you are too far in the back all the action is up there away from you, if fast and furious becomes 360 at orlando there would be cars flying around you and zooming by, making it so every row has something cool to look at unlike kong XD

360 3D in Hollywood is basically not a ride. It is a show to break up the segments of the tour, and everyone is already on the tram. So a thought I have is what would be the purpose of boarding a tram that just takes you in and out of the 360 theater?

If they did decide to put some serious money into a transformation, why not turn San Fran into Tokyo? UC can certainly rework the Disaster show building to accommodate many ride system types. I'm thinking F&F ride as trackless vehicles themed to cars with giant 3D projection tunnels (to give the speeding through the city effect) between a few detailed show scenes.

If they did decide to put some serious money into a transformation, why not turn San Fran into Tokyo? UC can certainly rework the Disaster show building to accommodate many ride system types. I'm thinking F&F ride as trackless vehicles themed to cars with giant 3D projection tunnels (to give the speeding through the city effect) between a few detailed show scenes.
I would be down with Tokyo but that would mean one thing and one thing only would HAVE to be there....gojira :happy: :doggie: :drool: :faint: :died:

I would be down with Tokyo but that would mean one thing and one thing only would HAVE to be there....gojira :happy: :doggie: :drool: :faint: :died:

I'd rather World Expo become Tokyo and a San Francisco-based Godzilla ride come to Disaster's spot :thumbs: with Fear Factor NOT going to more Potter (Tokyo instead)

And a guess as to how a blue sky USO timeline would work

June 2014:
Potter 2.0 opens
Announcement of water park/monorail/CityWalk phase 2/5th hotel plans
Major Kong construction begins

September 2014:
Barney, Fievel, Curious George :blank:, the StarToons Stage, KidZone Pizza and Nuthouse Coaster all go under the knife :saw:
E.T. goes down for a massive refurb/upgrade.
Animal Actors will also get a new show during this downtime.
Water park construction begins

November 2014:
New Animal Actors show premieres

March 2015:
KidZone Pizza replacement opens (possibly Krusty Krab Pizza)
New parade for USF
CityWalk Phase 2 complete
E.T. reopens with its massive refurb/upgrade including brand new AAs, projection effects, the same old forest queue smell :cheers:, and a Potter-level facade

June 2015:
Kong E-ticket and mini-land
New nighttime shows for IOA and USF
New interactive Gardens of Allah walkthrough
Construction for JP expansion (family coaster, JPRA upgrade, Camp Jurassic expansion, dino AAs throughout island and Discovery Center dark ride) begins

September 2015:
Hotel 5 complete

November/December 2015:
All new KidZone opens (trackless AA-laden dark ride, family Splash Battle, family coaster, 2 flat rides, a show, and a play area)
Disaster closes down for Godzilla replacement

March 2016:
Water park opens
Hotel 6 is announced
Monorail begins soft opening

June 2016:
Godzilla replacement opens
JP expansion opens
Construction walls go up in Seuss expansion plot

September 2016:
MIB goes under rehab for a Tokyo overlay
BMG bulldozed for SSFL
Fear Factor is bulldozed for a Pokemon mini-land :p
1F2FRFBF relocated to Sneetch Beach to make room for E-ticket
Seuss Trolley gets upgrade and becomes an all-age attraction

January 2017:
Toon Lagoon closes down for massive upgrade
Grinchmas soundstage officially annexed into IOA for year-round stage show
Announcement of 4th gate (planned opening of summer 2020)
Groundbreaking for Fast and Furious E-ticket begins (MIB/Springfield)

March 2017:
Hello Kitty carousel and boutique opens on new Tokyo waterfront
SSFL opens (Minion funhouse, mini-chairswings flat ride, and kiddie coaster)

May 2017:
MIB Tokyo overlay opens
Hotel 6 opens
New Pokemon mini-land opens

July 2017:
Toon Lagoon replacement opens (family dark ride, show, play area, river rapids, and an all new immersively themed E-ticket thrill coaster to replace Dudley)

September 2017:
Shrek and Lucy both close for 2 to 3 level Omnimover dark ride

December 2017:
For this year's Grinchmas celebration, a Grinch family coaster has been opened on the expansion plot along with a permanent soundstage for Seuss.

January 2018:
Lost Continent "shuts" down aside from Mythos for revamping

March 2018:
Great Hall restaurant added to Hogsmeade
Omnimover dark ride opens
Hotel 7 construction begins

June 2018:
Fast and Furious E-ticket opens (reaches 100 mph during cilmax

January 2019:
Hotel 7 opens
some backstage space is reworked in Seuss

June 2019: