Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 288 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just talked to some team members who said that the dragon is really scary looking when you get close...this thing will scare the tar out of the tots!

Bwahahaha! Score one for Universal.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. After 2 days of "Omg, omg, omg the 7DMT is AMAZING!!!! A totally game changing experience! Oh and did I mention MagicBands rock hard! Like Hanson!" posts, I'm thrilled Uni tea bagged the 800lb gorilla in the market.

You guys don't think it was happenstance they lifted Betty into place the day after Disney's Twitter "event". At 1p in the middle of a holiday weekend? Can you say maximum exposure. Zero added effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: freediverdude
Oh. My. God. That looks WAY more detailed than I thought it would be.

I am picturing opening day, where the hard core enthusiasts walk into the place, go "ooooooooh" and faint :died:, and the masses trampling over them to get to the ride. :lol:

Disney has mountains, Uni has dragons. Hungarian Horntail and Chinese Firebolt. What ever kind is in FJ. A Ukrainian Iron belly. Norbert in Filtch's. And, of course,

shrekone4.jpg

Reactions: Universal Bob
I'm on board with it too. It sets up the proper timeline for the narrative (which will clearly be explained in the ride).

Gringotts is cool, but not as in your face "take a picture awesome" as Hogwarts castle... this of course fixes that problem nicely. Every person that visits will have this picture.

If only they'd add two baddass dragons somewhere in Dragon challenge too (along with a Quidditch pitch), would certainly help solidify that attraction.

- - - Updated - - -

Disney has mountains, Uni has dragons.

Don't forget Malificient though, especially the one in DLP. She's pretty badass too.

Oh and Figment... but that probably hits a nerve. :lol:

Edit again... there are more than I realized...

dragon.jpg

FA_desktop_ELP2_800.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on board with it too. It sets up the proper timeline for the narrative (which will clearly be explained in the ride).

Gringotts is cool, but not as in your face "take a picture awesome" as Hogwarts castle... this of course fixes that problem nicely. Every person that visits will have this picture.

If only they'd add two baddass dragons somewhere in Dragon challenge too (along with a Quidditch pitch), would certainly help solidify that attraction.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget Malificient though, especially the one in DLP. She's pretty badass too.

Oh and Figment... but that probably hits a nerve. :lol:

Edit again... there are more than I realized...

dragon.jpg

FA_desktop_ELP2_800.jpg
Let's not forget about "Completely Headless Murphy"

IMG_5532-1.jpg

Last edited:
Let's not forget about "Completely Headless Murphy"

Ha ha, if only that's how the show ended!

I guess we can include the Avatar Banshee's sort of as well, too bad we still don't yet have a proper dragon in AK though...

animal-kingdom.gif

If Universal picks up How to Train your Dragon though... they'll definitely win by sheer numbers!

What perfect timing to steal the 7DMT's thunder by installing the Dragon! I mean come on, it's not a coincidence that they installed in on the parks busiest time of day during a holiday weekend lol. The detail is amazing though, and I can't wait to see the wings on! And especially can't wait until it all opens up and I can see it first hand:drool:

I know this is off-topic, but... If I had my druthers, with a lot in WWOHP being a bit dragon-heavy, DC would become a Quidditch coaster with the tall stands and goalposts built amongst it. Make the two tracks either Ireland vs. Bulgaria or Chudley Cannons vs. Holyhead Harpies.

Give it some Manta-style, headfirst RVs and broomsticks on the restraints to hold onto, and it would be perfect.

But I digress. :focus:

I know this is off-topic, but... If I had my druthers, with a lot in WWOHP being a bit dragon-heavy, DC would become a Quidditch coaster with the tall stands and goalposts built amongst it. Make the two tracks either Ireland vs. Bulgaria or Chudley Cannons vs. Holyhead Harpies.

Give it some Manta-style, headfirst RVs and broomsticks on the restraints to hold onto, and it would be perfect.

But I digress. :focus:

DC is too intense for a Manta type train. Too many upside down maneuvers that would be too much to handle for someone on a Manta-type ride

Ahh, I'm sure you're right :thumbs:. I hadn't considered the higher G-forces on DC. Well, the same idea with upright seats then.

I agree:thumbs: I just feel like Universal Creative didn't do as much with Dueling Dragons as they could have...They should have put more detail in the queue...Quidditch Pitch, stands...PLUS repainting the whole track and redesigning a body for the trains

- - - Updated - - -

Just an FYI, Bob is posting some aerial shots on Twitter @bobwadd1 of Diagon/London with the dragon as is about to post some on his site Pixelsattheparks.com

https://flic.kr/p/nGguzy

Awesome:drool:

At the parks this weekend (won't be near my PC 'till around Monday if any of my pics come out). crazy quick the dragon went up! We were out the studios from around 9 AM until around 11:30, went to IOA for lunch and some water rides...we saw the crane in the AM, got back to the studios around 3:30 and the dragon was up, by around 5 it was ready for more work (wings I imagine).

I cannot imagine how big that thing is as I only really saw it from battery park (I think that is the name, over by Transformers). There really are not very many other views in the park currently where you can see it.

Also, in the AM, the few times I went by disaster/BGGYR, I saw HE traveling by (twice forward, once backwards), but I only went by those three times so I assume it is cycling regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.