Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure not to mix-up "Time Warner Cable Inc." with "Time Warner Inc.", but it can get confusing because they are often both called "Time Warner" for short. The merger is with the cable company, which was split into a separate corporation a while back. The cable company does not own those brands, they are still owned by the former parent company.

My mistake. Dang it Comcast.

After a long night babysitting my brother, I wish Busch didn't hold the rights to Sesame Street. Would've been a insanely killer area for the 4th gate. I've been on the Sesame Street set in NYC and let me tell you nothing brings a smile on a kids face like Elmo. Singapore and Japan you lucky :fist:

After a long night babysitting my brother, I wish Busch didn't hold the rights to Sesame Street. Would've been a insanely killer area for the 4th gate. I've been on the Sesame Street set in NYC and let me tell you nothing brings a smile on a kids face like Elmo. Singapore and Japan you lucky :fist:
You mean the Sesame Street stuff at Busch Gardens isn't the best thing since sliced bread?? :lol:

How long from the time when someone thinks up a ride or attraction until it gets built?
Wouldn't it be hard to make an attraction from a movie or tv show and when it's ready to go in three years, the moment has passed. I guess the R&D guys have to be part mind readers and be able to see into the future.

I think it depends on what the attraction is and the creativity of the team. If you have an ambitious super dedicated team building an attraction for something that love, I think its going to be their bread and butter and will work day and night to get it done and perfect and share it with the world but then attractions that someone is more meh about it will take a lot more time to build.

Reactions: Universal Bob

That awesome and much needed! I was actually talking with someone the other day about the SunRail. We were discussing how it has a bunch of stops around Downtown, but then there's no stops for a long stretch until Sand Lake Rd., and how it would be nice if they added another station before Sand Lake with a connection to a line going to I-Drive and Universal ;-). After visiting Chicago, Portland (Oregon) and even our own Miami these past couple of years, and using their public metro transportation, I've been thinking about how Orlando could really use a good city metro/tram... So, going back to your article, that's great news and I hope they keep expanding! Universal could benefit greatly from this! (And of course the tourists and locals as well)

That awesome and much needed! I was actually talking with someone the other day about the SunRail. We were discussing how it has a bunch of stops around Downtown, but then there's no stops for a long stretch until Sand Lake Rd., and how it would be nice if they added another station before Sand Lake with a connection to a line going to I-Drive and Universal ;-). After visiting Chicago, Portland (Oregon) and even our own Miami these past couple of years, and using their public metro transportation, I've been thinking about how Orlando could really use a good city metro/tram... So, going back to your article, that's great news and I hope they keep expanding! Universal could benefit greatly from this! (And of course the tourists and locals as well)

Cool! So this is something that really will be build?
Being someone who does not have a car, I am obviously quite in favor of public transportation.
Who knows, maybe there will eventually be an agreement with Universal and one of the stops will have a second line going to Universal, perhaps this will be where wet n wild currently is.

Thanks Disneyhead and Felipe!

Don't know if anyone brought it up, but according to Hatetofly's twitter, there's a massive clearing near Universal Property....or on Universal Property....

Status
Not open for further replies.