Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Passports gone on E.T. ?

WHAAT?!? Explain yourself teebs, those are all awesome rides. In all honestly I've only ridden jaws 3 times during it's lifetime but still

I saw them only as an adult and endured them as silly and cute'ish and in the case of ET, a pathetically dated piece of themed showmanship. Even Small World wasn't dated and dusty... it was pretty and wonderfully maintained (and had just gone through the 2005 renovation). So, I have explained myself.

I go on E.T. for 3 things - the nostalgia, escaping the heat, and that smell. Mainly the smell - one of the things that I remember from my very first trip, and arguably my favorite scent throughout the parks...

I saw them only as an adult and endured them as silly and cute'ish and in the case of ET, a pathetically dated piece of themed showmanship. Even Small World wasn't dated and dusty... it was pretty and wonderfully maintained (and had just gone through the 2005 renovation). So, I have explained myself.

You didn't go on these rides as a kid? I understand but imagine going on ET when you were a kid, you probably would've exploded. Don't wanna sound blindly nostalgic but man you missed out

I go on E.T. for 3 things - the nostalgia, escaping the heat, and that smell. Mainly the smell - one of the things that I remember from my very first trip, and arguably my favorite scent throughout the parks...

I go for 2 of those reasons. Personally, I hate E.T. (the movie, not the ride). I know, I know, flame me now.

The nostalgia is the only thing E.T. has going for it right now, IMO. The queue is nice, but people don't come to theme parks for queues. The ride needs a major face lift if they're going to keep it long term.

The AA's are busted.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to see E.T. go (unless it had a great replacement), but the ride really needs some love at this point.

It admitably does, I honestly don't see it ever getting a crazy update but we can sure dream. I have a soft spot for the AAs, the humans look pretty bad but ETs friends look like they come from the same world. I also still think the sets are impressive though. Am I the only one who loves the green planet design? It's like pandora before pandora

They need to get rid of that creepy looking female alien. She looks like she could be an icon for HHN or something, yikes.

They need to fix the creepy cop mannequins :lol:

"STOP... PULL OVER!!" :rofl:

As the last major original ride, E.T. should stay. Yes, get a massive upgrade to facade, AAs and effects... but honestly, the ride is in a lot better shape than Peter Pan IMO. I know sacrilegious but that ride whips you around corners for 3 minutes :p

E.T. is really the closest thing Universal has to a IASW/HM/POTC/SSE in terms of a ride everyone can enjoy. Wish they'd bring back the spaceship vehicles that were all ages

As the last major original ride, E.T. should stay. Yes, get a massive upgrade to facade, AAs and effects... but honestly, the ride is in a lot better shape than Peter Pan IMO. I know sacrilegious but that ride whips you around corners for 3 minutes :p

E.T. is really the closest thing Universal has to a IASW/HM/POTC/SSE in terms of a ride everyone can enjoy. Wish they'd bring back the spaceship vehicles that were all ages

Peter Pan looks like garbage nowadays compared to ET, now that needs an upgrade more than any ride in Florida in my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

They need to get rid of that creepy looking female alien. She looks like she could be an icon for HHN or something, yikes.

Yeah I can live without her, she's pretty disgusting

- - - Updated - - -

I think so :lol: Always looked like someone took bad acid, to me.

I want you to look up the old japan version on YouTube. Talk about an acid trip

It admitably does, I honestly don't see it ever getting a crazy update but we can sure dream. I have a soft spot for the AAs, the humans look pretty bad but ETs friends look like they come from the same world. I also still think the sets are impressive though. Am I the only one who loves the green planet design? It's like pandora before pandora
Agree with the green planet scenes. Awesome.

Does anyone have pictures of the spaceship vehicles? I didn't know anything about their existence until reading this thread.

I hate the alien world. so cheesy lol. I Love the ride until they go flying in the air, then it gets annoying

they need to fix the AAs. you always see the cop that asks you to pull over always reset and squat back down into place and it's hilarious/awful.

I hate the alien world. so cheesy lol. I Love the ride until they go flying in the air, then it gets annoying

the alien planet seems like it was designed by someone on a drug trip. it's too weird.

^ yes, he (OJ Simpson) ducks because the bikes "jump" off the dirt hill and land on top of the police car with a (horrible sounding) boom, which sounds more like a bomb going off in the distance rather than the buckling of a car roof. Lol. I love ET, it deserves a class act refurb.

^ yes, he (OJ Simpson) ducks because the bikes "jump" off the dirt hill and land on top of the police car with a (horrible sounding) boom, which sounds more like a bomb going off in the distance rather than the buckling of a car roof. Lol. I love ET, it deserves a class act refurb.

Oh, so THAT'S what that's supposed to be! I thought it was supposed to be the cop shooting at you or something :lol: So people keep mentioning these space ship vehicles- was that ever a part of this ride?! That would make absolutely no sense...