Next Attraction To Go? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can see HRRR getting updated music and possibly a new "look" if you will...the coaster is now part of Universal's symbols though..Hulk, Doom, Globe, Lighthouse, HRRR tower

The fact that Mummy and HRRR are even being mentioned is quite baffling.

After KidsZone, the most obvious is Disaster! Christopher Walken is the man; but this ride and it's dragged out pre-show are ridiculously outdated.

I'd guess after that, T-2, Twister, and/or Fear Factor.

The resorts most popular coaster? Really? Hulk and Mummy are way more popular...and have way better ridership.
I disagree...although they have had more time to gain popularity...I hear people talking all the time about "the music coaster" or "Rip Ridem' Rockit" or "Zip Rockit"...that shows wide popularity even if people struggle with the name a bit

I disagree...although they have had more time to gain popularity...I hear people talking all the time about "the music coaster" or "Rip Ridem' Rockit" or "Zip Rockit"...that shows wide popularity even if people struggle with the name a bit

"That rock n rollercoaster contraption"

The resorts most popular coaster? Really? Hulk and Mummy are way more popular...and have way better ridership.

The Hulk and Mummy are not more popular than HRRR. Hulk is definitely branded better and most people don't even know Mummy is a ride because they cant see it. (Slowly changing with all of Universal). But people ALWAYS talk about the big red coster or as others have said the music coaster. People love that coaster.

The Hulk and Mummy are not more popular than HRRR. Hulk is definitely branded better and most people don't even know Mummy is a ride because they cant see it. (Slowly changing with all of Universal). But people ALWAYS talk about the big red coster or as others have said the music coaster. People love that coaster.
What? Everyone knows Revenge of the Mummy The Ride is a ride...tourists are dumb, but not that dumb

What? Everyone knows Revenge of the Mummy The Ride is a ride...tourists are dumb, but not that dumb

NO Everyone doesn't. every since they have moved the Mummy entrance I've heard people while walking by saying "Where do we get on". I actually should have said most people dont know it's a coaster until they get further in the queue. Sure people know it's an attraction, but most of these people who get on for the first time are truly shocked when they find out it's an actual coaster. It's a great sight to see when you're at the exit or around the lockers.

I've heard people say "Oh that just looks like a museum or walk through".
Tourist arent stupid, Universal just doesnt do a good job advertising.

I may be in the latter or whatever but I've seen it before.

I don't think it's a bad thing, but more and more people are understanding how Universal incorporates rides into would be replica buildings.

My point is people aren't used to it. I bet the Horror Make up show could get more people if the entrance wasnt so far back.
heck I didnt even know it was a real show , I thought it was a Walk-Through.

Anyway it's just an observation of mine because I'm at Universal often. No biggie.

Last edited:
Well any ride can confuse a first timer. I never hear the end of people asking in the line "is this a rollercoaster?". You can't blame someone from being new to an environment it's just unfair. I'll admit I've had some embarrassing moments at universal. My first visit to the studios park consisted of me running around looking for barbera until I was told it was now neutron. Even today people ask where jaws is

I have been asked plenty of times in the mummy queue if it is really a roller coaster once they see the film in the loading station. They could do a better job of making some of the ride profiles more obvious but at the same time think that the surprises are part of the charm.

I have been asked plenty of times in the mummy queue if it is really a roller coaster once they see the film in the loading station. They could do a better job of making some of the ride profiles more obvious but at the same time think that the surprises are part of the charm.

Haha same here. The sign says "High Speed Rollar Coaster" and people get truly stunned! its amazing because as you said brings more excitement and surprise which goes hand in hand with a thrilling ride as the Mummy.
Universal having plenty of indoor rides has that going for them. I Know even reading the forums I totally didnt know what to expect on Gringotts or FJ. made the first experience special!

I'll get :focus: though!

I don't think we hide the fact that The Mummy is a roller coaster, people are just stupid and fail to read signs, maps or pay attention to things.

I did have someone ask me once if it was a museum, because of the big flags, but this person's first language wasn't English, so I give them a pass.

They used to not have the screen at single rider showing it as a coaster. I managed to get my BIL all the way to the top of the steps and then the new screen showed it as a roller coaster. He still got on, but wanted to kill me for tricking him. It is actually pretty easy to miss it is a coaster. No one reads the warning sides because they all pretty much say don't ride if you have x, y, and z. Unless you have a condition, you pretty much ignore what they say.

So today I heard from a reliable source that Twister has been temporarily spared (at least through the end of the year) because of the problems with Disaster and Gringotts. I have to wonder if any other construction/closure timelines have changed? They supposedly wanted to close Twister in June but the delay in the opening of DA pushed that back to end of summer and now to 2015.

If that means disaster is getting moved up on the chopping block I'm all for it. That is a lot of room to make something epic.

I was given the impression it was more to have time to fix Disaster and get it running right again so they don't lose the capacity of TWO attractions at the same time.

I just heard a giant rumor that universal will be picking off all unwanted attractions one by one next year. Like they will close kidzone, disaster then twister in that order. Is it true?

It all depends on who the rumor comes from. I just heard two weeks ago that comcast bought seaworld and were in negotiations to buy Disney :p

Reactions: natespf