Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Next Attraction To Go?

Does that mean that they're doing the transition in a month or two or that they will close it down for a month or two?
Changing projectors should not take that long, it'd imagine they'll do some good maintenance on the ride as well.
Glasses pick will be, I guess, where the test seat at the end of the queue is.

I would guess they have to adjust lighting in the ride too. So ANOTHER spruced up attraction for Islands in 2016?

It'll go down after Hulk and Kong open up, they can't afford to close FJ NOW. It's either FJ or Dragon Challenge, but one of those will close.

FJ for 3D
DC for maintenance.

So, would it be possible that the Refurb for DC or FJ will be a Late 2016? It'd make some sense, but I think that it'd make more sense for Early 2017 to atleast get some people away from the possible opening of Fallon.

Two things:
1) If they do close the attraction for any form of extended time, they better announce it far in advance. The main Harry Potter ride at IOA being closed could be a real "vacation ruiner" if they only announce it two weeks or a month in advance like they did with Hulk. I know I'd be hugely disappointed.
2) How about this really weird, blue-sky idea: if Forbidden Journey did close for a month or so to convert it to 3D, what if they kept the queue/Hogwarts tour open? Keep the entire line until the Sorting Hat room open (and cover up where the 3D glasses area is being placed, I guess), turn off the musion pre-shows, and just make it a walk-through attraction to see the inside of Hogwarts. The different paths in the queue could be changed to make one going through, one leaving. If they specify that "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is currently closed for your future enjoyment, but the Hogwarts Castle Walking Tour is still open.", it could certainly put some of the guest complaints about the main ride being closed at ease.

Two things:
1) If they do close the attraction for any form of extended time, they better announce it far in advance. The main Harry Potter ride at IOA being closed could be a real "vacation ruiner" if they only announce it two weeks or a month in advance like they did with Hulk. I know I'd be hugely disappointed.
2) How about this really weird, blue-sky idea: if Forbidden Journey did close for a month or so to convert it to 3D, what if they kept the queue/Hogwarts tour open? Keep the entire line until the Sorting Hat room open (and cover up where the 3D glasses area is being placed, I guess), turn off the musion pre-shows, and just make it a walk-through attraction to see the inside of Hogwarts. The different paths in the queue could be changed to make one going through, one leaving. If they specify that "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is currently closed for your future enjoyment, but the Hogwarts Castle Walking Tour is still open.", it could certainly put some of the guest complaints about the main ride being closed at ease.

Ah. Reminds me of 2010. :lol: