CityWalk Expansion | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
Teaxas Road house anyone?

Maybe a TGI Fridays?

f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea96453052a410cde3623a7a561724e3e.jpg

Bugaboo Creek steakhouse might be cool. Tons of AA moose, bison, racoons and fish, each with a comedy routine at various times. Perhaps because the franchise is primarily in New England, it wouldn't be a hit in Orlando. The food is kinda Outback Steakhouse like. Far superior to Rainforest and those franchises.

http://www.bugaboocreek.com/

[video=youtube;_cNlM-xK2HM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cNlM-xK2HM[/video]

Ok, then - Soul Food/BBQ Hybrid, it is!

But what will we call it? "Bar-B-Soul" sounds a bit too much like cheap shaving cream.....so how about "Soul-B-Que"?!?

IDK about going that cheese with the name. How about something like Shirley's Backyard Cookout?

Bugaboo Creek steakhouse might be cool. Tons of AA moose, bison, racoons and fish, each with a comedy routine at various times. Perhaps because the franchise is primarily in New England, it wouldn't be a hit in Orlando. The food is kinda Outback Steakhouse like. Far superior to Rainforest and those franchises.

Hey! There used to be one of those by me. To me, the food was better than Outback. I really loved their BBQ, my favorite was the BBQ Chicken Nachos. I would be thrilled if that came. Great food, lots fun.

Hey! There used to be one of those by me. To me, the food was better than Outback. I really loved their BBQ, my favorite was the BBQ Chicken Nachos. I would be thrilled if that came. Great food, lots fun.

Yeah, I believe my comment about New Englanders not being interested is a false one. I haven't been to one for years but if there had been one in Citywalk, I would have dined there often rather than either of the parks. Despite the AA's it has a much more hushed and cozy feel than anything else created in that vein.

Ooops, I guess we can forget that... http://www.fsrmagazine.com/restaurant-chains/bugaboo-creek-steak-house-maryland-rebrands-bc-steak

Last edited:
How about a ski lodge themed fondue restaurant? Families love fondue restaurants.

KEY6087_Leisa-Gibsonfondufam.jpg

I love fondue, but I would hold out for a ski lodge themed resort. That would work great for an offering there too though. Crank up the A/C and huddle around the hot fondue pot. :thumbs:

I love fondue places but I've had some dinners take close to 3 hours using fondue. I dont think people on vacation would be willing to devote that much time to dinner while in a theme park. Also, I would imagine Universal would want something with a higher turnover than that. But a ski lodge theme...that would be nice, maybe where NBA City is now.

Okay, it seems that I'm the minority, and will actually miss NASCAR Grille. That place was by far the best location to catch sports on property. Now all we have is that joke NBA City! As a sports fan, I digged the atmosphere. The menu was decent, and they actually had pretty good drink prices. While I absolutely love the idea of a BBQ restaurant, I don't want it at this location. Again, minority here, but I would like to see this spot kept as a sports bar/grille. An officially-branded NFL restaurant and bar would be ideal, but I'll take anything sports-related not labeled NBA City.

Last edited:
Okay, it seems that I'm the minority, and will actually miss NASCAR Grille. That place was by far the best location to catch sports on property. Now all we have is that joke NBA City! As a sports fan, I digged the atmosphere. The menu was decent, and they actually had pretty good drink prices. While I absolutely love the idea of a BBQ restaurant, I don't want it at this location. Again, minority here, but I would like to see this spot kept as a sports bar/grille. An officially-branded NFL restaurant and bar would be ideal, but I'll take anything sports-related not labeled NBA City.

I'm with you NASCAR wasn't that bad and was one of the few restaurants in CityWalk that I have eaten at multiple times. Their prices were pretty good, generally quick to get seated, and some interesting themeing. Back when they used to do the fireworks in CityWalk for 4th of July you couldn't find a better view than the upstairs tables looking out the windows.

I love a good sports bar, NASCAR Grille isn't one. I would like to see a new NBC Sports branded concept (similar to the NBC Sports Arena concept at the Spectrum in Philly) that is a little more upscale. The best sports bar I have ever been to is the ESPNZone in Denver. Maybe something like this.

DPI_0024.jpg

And just past the tables in front of the screens they have these.

300px-2009_ESPN_Zone_Chicago_Ultimate_Couch_Potato_Contestant_-_Steve_Janowski_03.JPG

Last edited:
That is what you call a sports bar. I love the loungers but how do they work? are they pre booked/paid or is it free for all trying to get one on match day?

Yes, they are prebooked for game day for the big games. But I found that anytime Denver wasn't playing there was usually one or two open. I would go in and watch the Pittsburgh games (early/east coast game) and could usually get one.

I love a good sports bar, NASCAR Grille isn't one. I would like to see a new NBC Sports branded concept (similar to the NBC Sports Arena concept at the Spectrum in Philly) that is a little more upscale. The best sports bar I have ever been to is the ESPNZone in Denver. Maybe something like this.

DPI_0024.jpg

And just past the tables in front of the screens they have these.

300px-2009_ESPN_Zone_Chicago_Ultimate_Couch_Potato_Contestant_-_Steve_Janowski_03.JPG

Yes, I still feel CityWalk needs just ONE sports bar & grill branded to ALL sports. Especially with Comcast behind them, they could make a new NBC Sports concept that is better than any ESPN Zone. That would definitely be a win-win-win, as it is advertising for their other brands that makes money instead of costing.

"I've just had an apostrophe"

I'll get back to you guys in a minute.

Did spell-check change epiphany to apostrophe? If not I have no clue what you just said.

Edit: Okay, I just looked it up. A quote from "Hook", haven't seen that movie in too long.

Last edited:
OK, I was going to draw/scan a picture, but I don't think that's necessary.

So what would you guys think of "Comcast Xfinity Lounge"?

It would be a cross between a sports bar like ESPNZone and AMC's Fork and Screen only much larger. It would be tiered like a movie theater with alternating rows of recliners like one's in my eairlier post and semicircular booths. In the back would be long tables for larger parties and of course........the Bar! In the front would be one movie theater sized screen surrounded by smaller screens and sports tickers. There would be screens EVERYWHERE around the room. Each booth would have it's own 21" touchscreen screen to watch TV and order. The place would be saturated in Wi-Fi and each table would have a central charging station.

The reason why I think Comcast is a better branding that just NBC Sports is the Comcast brand is all inclusive. Not just NBC Sports, but ESPN, FOX Sports, ABC Sports etc. And it also opens the place up for other TV events like Walking Dead Season Finale Watch Parties, Academy Awards Watch Parties.

OK, I was going to draw/scan a picture, but I don't think that's necessary.

So what would you guys think of "Comcast Xfinity Lounge"?

It would be a cross between a sports bar like ESPNZone and AMC's Fork and Screen only much larger. It would be tiered like a movie theater with alternating rows of recliners like one's in my eairlier post and semicircular booths. In the back would be long tables for larger parties and of course........the Bar! In the front would be one movie theater sized screen surrounded by smaller screens and sports tickers. There would be screens EVERYWHERE around the room. Each booth would have it's own 21" touchscreen screen to watch TV and order. The place would be saturated in Wi-Fi and each table would have a central charging station.

The reason why I think Comcast is a better branding that just NBC Sports is the Comcast brand is all inclusive. Not just NBC Sports, but ESPN, FOX Sports, ABC Sports etc. And it also opens the place up for other TV events like Walking Dead Season Finale Watch Parties, Academy Awards Watch Parties.

Sounds neat and I like the idea of big TV event parties.