Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Basically I'd imagine it as a loop in the back of the park. You can either go into Nintendo land or through Springfield

first off... your avatar is BAD ASS.... second.. your location is HILARIOUS... and Third.. wow that was quick photoshop although simple it was almost like you had it ready to go.. lmao :smiley:

Yeah i thought of that but then feel like that wouldn't be doing the Simpsons justice to give people the opportunity to skip it wouldn't be too smart IMO... UNLESS they change the flow and close off the path from MIB to FEAR FACTOR :saw: then make you come back around closer to Springfield..

over all i think nintendos IP's are bigger than Seuss and i also expect this land to have a very Seuss feel just BETTER more immersive than :hat:

so much for.. :spongebob: huh? :smiley:

--- sorry for my multiple postings just having different convos with different people on the same topic.. :cheers:

Because video games have no business being in a MOVIE studio park.

Universal Studios Florida hasn't been strictly a movie studio theme park in some time. The Simpsons, Barney, and Lucy are TV shows. HRRR is about music. Hell, Curious George is a series of books.

Modern video games have high production value and these characters are timeless. I can't wait to get my picture with these characters. I'd even like to see a Mario stage show. You are doing Nintendo a huge disservice by underestimating them this severely.

EDIT: And I'm done...

Last edited:
Reactions: tielo
Zelda The Ocarina of Time on N64 is widely regarded as the best video game of all time. Zelda needs a good thrill dark ride. And I definitely see some kind of Mario themed castle ride. Something similar to Mystic Manor in Hong Kong

Oh th sweet irony of USF is a movie park but your signature is of the Simpsons area. Also before you respond: Fear Factor and Barney.

To say it's fine for Japan but not here is baffling at best.

Barney and FF needed to go a while ago. And I'll change my statement, Universal is a movie/television park, which is ok as long as the television property is worth it, or REAL entertainment.

first off... your avatar is BAD ASS.... second.. your location is HILARIOUS... and Third.. wow that was quick photoshop although simple it was almost like you had it ready to go.. lmao :smiley:

It was posted on an article on a gaming site and I stole it.:lol:

Yeah i thought of that but then feel like that wouldn't be doing the Simpsons justice to give people the opportunity to skip it wouldn't be too smart IMO... UNLESS they change the flow and close off the path from MIB to FEAR FACTOR :saw: then make you come back around closer to Springfield..

I don't think it would be a big deal. You'd still come out the other side right by Simpsons

Zelda The Ocarina of Time on N64 is widely regarded as the best video game of all time. Zelda needs a good thrill dark ride. And I definitely see some kind of Mario themed castle ride. Something similar to Mystic Manor in Hong Kong

I see a Luigi's Mansion ride similar to Mystic Manor (but with shooting!), a Mario Kart ride, and the castle could be a restaurant or meet and greet (or both).

My point is, the highest treatment Nintendo deserves is the Six Flags treatment. It's brand doesn't deserve the quality Universal can create. It'd be a waste of time and space when Nintendo belongs in a medium tier amusement park at most.

Nintendo doesn't deserve this treatment but Michael Bay's Transformers does? ok. (I do love the Transformers ride but Michael Bay's films still suck lol.)

It's not like this is some trash IP. For a video game theme park attraction this is the best IP you can get. I think their popularity over the last 30+ years is enough to warrant an attraction.

My point is, the highest treatment Nintendo deserves is the Six Flags treatment. It's brand doesn't deserve the quality Universal can create. It'd be a waste of time and space when Nintendo belongs in a medium tier amusement park at most.

And simpsons does? I know its been around for 28 seasons or something but its not a movie IP. Sure they finally made a movie but so did Pokemon and the pokemon series was pretty successful still popular today with kids

Moving right along...

mario_running.gif

Every GREAT move brings its doubts.. it wouldnt be great if it didnt... IOAExplorer.. to a very certain point i see what you mean by its a medium (mediocre) property in todays day and age but my point and i think many other peoples points is that universal will take it to the next highest level possible by giving these properties the themepark they deserve.. its clear Nintendo is ready to revamp their properties and isnt ready to fade into the history books with this move cause if they were they'd settle for a carnival. But as it is, nintendo has done a great job of maintaining its brand to the highest point possible by even going as far as not allowing mobile video games or anyone to use its property.. sure its more popular over seas in TODAYS world (if you ask me) but anyone who grew up in the late 80's - 90's knows this is HUGE and it will once again become very HUGE ... i mean its as HUGe as it gets in the video game world.. only thing bigger? Grand theft auto - Call of duty? lol

If E.T is out, that'd be pretty depressing. It'd mean that every single original attraction in USF bit the dust. :(

Thankfully IOA's lineup has remained intact over the years, outside the loss of some minor attractions like Triceratops Encounter and Island Skipper Tours.

I see no reason why they would need to rip out ET. There is more than enough room to work with in Kidzone and the expansion plot without taking out that ride. Personally, I think they should just re-route ETs entrance to the Hollywood area.