Future Universal Projects and Parks | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Future Universal Projects and Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Potential industry shake up this morning. UC has launched a major new recruiting website and many of the execs at various design and engineering companies, including Disney, are a bit shaken by it.

I have been told that this move may be the beginnings for a third gate.

OK you my attention with this latest news, very interesting news.

The mission statement and Mark Woodbury quote (both below) sure get me excited for the future.

Our mission is to create, plan, innovate, develop, and deliver new product concepts that continue to redefine out-of-home entertainment and provide the Universal brand with the opportunity to enhance and grow around the world.

“ Whether we are enhancing existing business, creating new experiences, innovating new technology, or expanding the Universal brand globally, our mission remains constant--take people to places they couldn't otherwise go, tell them stories they couldn't otherwise hear, and to do it in the most compelling and visceral manner possible.
MARK WOODBURY
PRESIDENT OF UNIVERSAL CREATIVE

Such positive words are often spouted by companies but the difference here is we know they mean it, really mean it. Others quotes point towards a rosy future indicating rapid hotel growth and an attraction a year per park, amazing ambition is a credit in its self. The latest quarterly figures back all of this up too, as long as they are seeing such great ROI they will keep on ploughing it back in. Comcast, without doubt is a company that means business and the aggressive growth they have shown seems like, if anything, getting more aggressive. The talent portal again shows how this company is committed, committed to hiring the best so they can bring the best to their portfolio of parks around the world, smart move and I would love to be on the end of that inbox.

Whether this leads to a third gate or not is anyone's guess but either way the future at Universal is very bright indeed, we have had a taste of it already with some fantastic new lands and attractions but the best ride of all may well be the one the one Comcast takes us on in these coming years, a fun time indeed to be a Uni fan.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on that site, Teebin. I figure it's about time for me to get back in to things after taking a different career for a while.

I will be finishing upeither December or May with my masters in mechanical engineering. I hope they are starting a hiring spree. This is the one job I want.

I will be finishing upeither December or May with my masters in mechanical engineering. I hope they are starting a hiring spree. This is the one job I want.

You should apply for the internship right now if you have your Bachelors. I don't know your work experience, but a lot of these jobs are going to be taken by people with experience. The internship can get you in, and getting your Masters as an intern shows that you're serious about your career.

You should apply for the internship right now if you have your Bachelors. I don't know your work experience, but a lot of these jobs are going to be taken by people with experience. The internship can get you in, and getting your Masters as an intern shows that you're serious about your career.

This x1000

WOAH.... this is HUGE i mena they really wanted the Kong info to be huge but all the other stuff coming out after it is making that news almost microscopic

I'm going to SCAD in Savannah this fall to study in Themed Entertainment Design and have been certified in autodesk. I've only had a few years of knowledge with architecture so what would your guys advice be? Should I even apply for any type of internship or just wait till I complete my bachelors and hope for any type of experience then?

I'm going to SCAD in Savannah this fall to study in Themed Entertainment Design and have been certified in autodesk. I've only had a few years of knowledge with architecture so what would your guys advice be? Should I even apply for any type of internship or just wait till I complete my bachelors and hope for any type of experience then?

Apply apply apply!!! Also good luck at SCAD! I know some folks there.

OKAY!

SO....
Let me try to wrangle all of this excessive information that has come out in the past few days and has been posted here today.

So just to clarify and refresh ----- TEEBIN - you state there are chirps of a 3rd gate (again)- If you recall there was a discussion not TOO long ago about a 3rd gate for Uni and about how it could be based on Video games -- too daunting to find that thread not sure if its even still on here hiding in the dark

IF--- this news of a 3rd gate would theoretically have anything to do with todays announcements of Nintendo and Universal could we see a video game 3rd park? -- I KNOW jungle has stated clearly this is going in USF ... but if not this property then what would go in a 3rd park.. and perhaps even MORE PRESSING>... WHERE would this third park go???

again --- this is for anyone who might have any legitimate ideas ---- i know we all went crazy lookin around when we heard of some company snatching up land with the Universal name in it but i thought we debunked that? - or am i just mixing this up? just trying to straighten out what we know what we think we know from what we hope and dream

thank you

FYI, you can't get a Universal internship unless you're still enrolled in school...I think once you get a Bachelor's you're out. At least as far as I know.

Ok, I should have clarified what the art directors and upper management are terrified about and it ain't a possible third gate. They are terrified that they will lose their best and brightest to Universal Creative. A day after Kong concept and then Nintendo today UC launches this wide net. You can bet a few creatives out there are drooling at the money that is being spent.

I have heard directly from a few "best and brightest" today and the bosses are going from work station to work station trying to get a "sense of things"; are they happy with everything, etc..

HA! What a hoot!

Ok, I should have clarified what the art directors and upper management are terrified about and it ain't a possible third gate. They are terrified that they will lose their best and brightest to Universal Creative. A day after Kong concept and then Nintendo today UC launches this wide net. You can bet a few creatives out there are drooling at the money that is being spent.

I have heard directly from a few "best and brightest" today and the bosses are going from work station to work station trying to get a "sense of things"; are they happy with everything, etc..

HA! What a hoot!

"Hey, you there! Tired of working for a company that doesn't do anything and waits to build things? Come work for Universal Creative and let your ideas run wild!"

I just moved from Savannah. hit me up if you need to know anything about the city. My coworker just came from Savannah and studied themed entertainment design. PM if you want me to give him your information. He's a neat dude.

I imagine the Nintendo announcement is causing a lot of left turns in planning for future projects and can understand that UNI suddenly needs more creative talent..

I imagine they will go big with this IP, but that could be something for the current Kid Zone area...I wonder if they are permitted to build a themed hotel?

But a third park, with a new (Comcast era) park would be crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.