Universal Studios Florida's 25th Anniversary (2015) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida's 25th Anniversary (2015)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow is it already Summer Concert Series time again?

Goo Goo Dolls was really good last time and I'm looking forward to seeing them again. Please Please for the love of all that is holy play Long Way Down
Can't lose finally seeing Huey Lewis especially being BttF year and I need to get around to seeing Mr World Wide at some point.

Memorial Day weekend is the weekend we have the 2 shows, Pitbull follows, good heavens. And maybe I'll finally get to see Huey Lewis, can't remember why but I couldn't make it to the last concert.

Some one please tell that renaming the Summer Concert Series as Universal's 25th Anniversary Concert Series is not all they have plan for the parks 25th. I find this very disappointing is so.

I just don't care. Just because Disney feels the need to have a celebration marking every anniversary doesn't mean everyone else needs to. It doesn't really increase guest attendance and usually cost a park more than they bring in. I say use the money for some park upgrades and everyone on here just get over it. It's not that important.

I just don't care. Just because Disney feels the need to have a celebration marking every anniversary doesn't mean everyone else needs to. It doesn't really increase guest attendance and usually cost a park more than they bring in. I say use the money for some park upgrades and everyone on here just get over it. It's not that important.

That is patently false, most recent case-in-point: http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/olcgroup/20140401e.pdf

As a fan of USF, been going since the beginning, I just think it would be nice to acknowledge this milestone. I mean if it wasn't for the success of this park we wouldn't have the rest of Universal Orlando.

At least I can hope for some merchandise to honor it. Although if they run with the logo they added to the website and have nothing with the park's old marquee logo count me out.

I did not use any words you couldn't say on TV. And I edited my comments.

Doesn't matter what you can say on TV. Forum guidelines state to please refrain from using language.

Now please, back to 25th Anniv talk...

I think the best course of action would be to delete all the comments in this interaction. It would be only fair!

Fair enough.

I would be in favor of Universal doing something big for their 25th. Normally we only go to the parks once a year, if they did something big enough we might make the trip back within the same calendar year!

I just don't care. Just because Disney feels the need to have a celebration marking every anniversary doesn't mean everyone else needs to. It doesn't really increase guest attendance and usually cost a park more than they bring in.
Please, like Disney would ever do anything to appease the local fans. It is ALL about the bottom line for them: if it costs money, it HAS to make money.

Please, like Disney would ever do anything to appease the local fans. It is ALL about the bottom line for them: if it costs money, it HAS to make money.

Of course, Disney has a deeper fanbase though and people that eat that stuff up...Universal's is still building

Sort of how HHN gets away with Anniversary Celebrations but HOS can't

Of course, Disney has a deeper fanbase though and people that eat that stuff up...Universal's is still building

Sort of how HHN gets away with Anniversary Celebrations but HOS can't
You make a great point. Fan theme park awareness is so much stronger for Disney at this point in time.Disney probably gets way more feedback & benefits from an Anniversary celebration than would Universal. HHN compared to HOS is a great comparison. On that end Universal has the strong fan awareness, SW much less so. Thus the strong commitment to the HHN anniversary.

So no more USF 25 stuff was announced in the pass holder passport, does this mean the concert series is all we're getting?

Well we got a snazzy new logo

"Snazzy" ...I was literally only expecting Kong and that was it...the concert, raptor meet and greet and the logo are simply extra

Like it has been said previously, Universal isn't really one to celebrate themselves park-wise...Studio yes, parks, no

So I admittedly have not read all the pages but has anyone brought up them opening up The Time Capsule? And I do NOT mean the Nickelodeon one which was of coursed moved to the Nick Hotel. I mean the one that Anthony Perkins put a Psycho Knife in.

So I admittedly have not read all the pages but has anyone brought up them opening up The Time Capsule? And I do NOT mean the Nickelodeon one which was of coursed moved to the Nick Hotel. I mean the one that Anthony Perkins put a Psycho Knife in.

I thought it would be 2025 or something like that

I can confirm that Universal will not have a marketed celebration for the 25th. It will be woven in here and there, but no public-facing celebration. This is because Universal's brand is not about tradition -- It's about what's now/new/next.