Universal Studios Florida's 25th Anniversary (2015) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida's 25th Anniversary (2015)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The promos for the Today Show say they are going for the 25th Anniversary, which is why there could be an outside shot
I think at most we get a new version of CineSpec and maybe a 25th version of the Superstar Parade? Possibly some other small stuff, but it's not going to be anything too big if anything happens.

Totally have to. Bet they show the Raptor too and talk about Kong. And Blue Man Group Orlando will be performing too.
Well the Raptor show would be an Easy tie/segue in to Jurassic World and it's their only addition this year so might as well. Definitely want to talk Kong and Volcano Bay as well (and i'm sure they'll make a point to say "and next summer, you can stay at Universal's newest on-site hotel, Loews' Sapphire Falls Resort, being built right next to Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort").

I really like the new window displays honoring the opening day attractions at the park! But where's Earthquake?! If they slapped the EQ logo on a shirt, they'd have my money; I always thought is was a really cool bit of graphic design (pulled right from the marketing campaign for the original 1974 Heston film)...

10086L.jpg

Has anybody spotted any merchandise with the original USF logo? I won't lose sleep if there isn't any, but the official 25th Anniversary one does look pretty generic, in my opinion.

And where's the love for Murder, She Wrote?!

Yes, I'm kidding. But only half!

Anniversary Announcements: *Universal is giving Marvel back to Disney for nothing. *Universal announces no more E, D or C ticket new attractions will be built for ten years *Universal will spend all of their excess profits to buy their stock back. *You will have to reserve dining at Mythos, Leaky Cauldron & Three Broomsticks 180 days in advance *New pricing structure charging more for peak seasons *All benches will be removed from the parks so that you have to use your time spending more money..........Whoops. Sorry. I confused that with a Disney anniversary announcement.:doh:

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
"Snazzy" ...I was literally only expecting Kong and that was it...the concert, raptor meet and greet and the logo are simply extra

Like it has been said previously, Universal isn't really one to celebrate themselves park-wise...Studio yes, parks, no
Well the concert series has been a yearly thing for awhile now (with last year being the exception).

And I don't look at the logo as "snazzy" or anything worthy of compliment at all. It looks like it took a few minutes worth of some interns spare time.

Heard murmurs but nothing to get all excited about. It'll probably be the announcement of Garden of Allah's replacement.

Does this mean whatever replaces Garden will be open to the public? Can't really see the point of an announcement if it's some sort of NBC Universal staff thinktank thing.

Does this mean whatever replaces Garden will be open to the public? Can't really see the point of an announcement if it's some sort of NBC Universal staff thinktank thing.
I can't see them using any of their precious onstage space for something NOT for guest use, especially after making it prettier. And it's such a focal point.
Plus, my source is maintaining the museum concept.

My theory is that with the negative response regarding the lack of 25th Anniversary representation, they decided to give Creative a chance to design something small and seasonal in a space that would have otherwise been used for business-related things. My hope is that they turn it into something permanent and laden with unseen concept art, blueprints, and models, a la Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar. The thought of a UOR museum makes me emotional to no extent.

viewfromthecheapseats made a good point in one of their videos, it really isn't the 25th, you don't celebrate your anniversary the year you get married. Next year will be the real 25th, official or not