Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ yeah, the tent idea flew away weeks and weeks ago...
So HHNRumors is saying the 9th house location is confirmed to be Shrek.

Wow, who would've known that Teebin was right again! :hail:I am just as shocked as everyone else.

Shrek also has a pretty massive extended queue that's rarely used.

Which is why it's such a genius place to put a house! Trust me, they're going to need the queue space given what crowds were like last year and that this year is the 25th anniversary.

Just gonna throw a thought out there. But what if the whole reason why they wanted the Shrek theatre was to have the rumored scream house located inside of it?

Does this photo remind you of anything?

scream2d.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucky Planet
And also anybody got detail why the mib got cut? Always thought that would be plenty big enough. Heck knock everything down back there and u have even more room.. I don't think I've seen them use that extended queue in years.... Also why not just put up a third and even a fourth tent? Isn't there plenty of room behind mib in the back corner for a tent?

MIB's extended queue is not that large. And yes it is used often during busy seasons. Not the whole thing, but a portion of it. The indoor part of the queue fills up very easily.

I'm also not sure where you think there is room behind that area. There is a small service road behind the building and then newish apartments behind that that sadly land lock the entire length of the park.

EDIT: Unless you are talking about the field behind where the Halloween house was next to MIB. I'm not sure why that has never been used.

Last edited:
...when Sept-Oct gets here and you're walking around HHN, at some point look when you're standing in a line for over an hour (assuming you don't use express), take a look at all the people and imagine that each 1 accounts for a minimum of $100.

I would argue that the average HHN guest accounts for much less than $100 if you're referring only to admission. With discount tickets and passes, I'd say you're looking at between $60 and $75 a head (excluding express). I'm personally only worth about $30 per night that I attend every year, $65 per night if you account for the fact that I upgrade my pass to have express.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you think they come up with the budget number? It generally has to be set with an idea of how much money they are going to take in. If they are doing their job right (which in some cases they obviously have, since they fill the park), each year they are expected to increase the amount of tickets sold. Over the years, do you think their budget has increased or decreased as the number of attendees has grown? Whoever is in charge of setting that budget decided (possibly) that an extra tent wasn't going to sell enough tickets to be worth it, especially when there is room elsewhere that costs basically nothing. However, using Shrek is nothing more than putting a band-aid on this space issue. What are they going to do the next few years to keep those profits up?

Overall attendance is probably one of the poorer metrics to look at when you're looking at a budget. You have to look at the average ticket cost (after discounts and passes that are being used over and over) as well as merchandise and food and beverage sales. Ticket prices have been pretty steady the past few years, so I think we're looking at a price hike this year. This is especially true because they can tout a 9th house and a 2nd live action show. I'm also concerned that express prices (particularly for ROF, FFP and FFP+) are going to go through the roof this year.

Last edited:
I would argue that the average HHN guest accounts for much less than $100 if you're referring only to admission. With discount tickets and passes, I'd say you're looking at between $60 and $75 a head (excluding express). I'm personally only worth about $30 per night that I attend every year, $65 per night if you account for the fact that I upgrade my pass to have express.

I'm referring to the total amount of money spent per person including everything... food, drinks, merch, tickets, etc. You may be worth $30 a night, but people like myself who spend a couple hundred dollars a night pick up your slack.
I don't expect them to have an unlimited budget for HHN, but I'd hope they would be willing to open up their purse a little wider in order to make expansions to increase attendance. I still don't think the tent was a funding issue anyways, but if it was... I honestly wouldn't want to know.

Why would a 2nd live show mean anything? They've had at least 2 live shows for pretty much the whole run of the event.

It says that you're from New Orleans, have you taken the drive to the 13th Gate haunted attraction in Baton Rouge? I've read good reviews regarding that place.

Any idea what the cost of ROF with express is going to be this year?

Last edited:
Yea I was referring to the plot of land by the existing tents.... And question? If AWIL does return are the puppets being rebuilt? Or did they save them and are still in working condition from two years ago?

Yea I was referring to the plot of land by the existing tents.... And question? If AWIL does return are the puppets being rebuilt? Or did they save them and are still in working condition from two years ago?

My memory is a little foggy but If I recall, didnt they send the puppets to Hollywood last year for their AWIL house? I would think, and hope that they held onto those puppets and have them in storage

Am I the only one that is hoping that Scream and Alice switch places?

I agree with you.
I'm not sure why you think it should be switched, but this is why I think it should.
The front of the park was already going to be busy enough since Shrek is now being used. Putting what will be one of the busiest houses in an already crowded quadrant of the park seems kinda ridiculous to me. I know some of you think that because the queues can hold the people there won't be an issue, but why press their luck with extra overcrowding? I'll be willing to bet that Alice will be in the bottom 2 or 3 for wait times. Spreading out the guests makes more sense.

From what I have heard (from a reliable source):

-Alice in Wonderland will not be the 3-D house this year
-Run 3 is actually something else
-Freddy v Jason and Anniversary House locations swapped

Speaking of house popularity, this is what I think the wait tiers will be:

Tier 1: Headliners (60+ every night, 3+ hours on peak nights)

TWD
FVJ
Insidious
Scream

Self explanatory.

Tier 2: Popular (40+ every night, up to 2 and a half hours on peak nights)

Anniversary
AWIL

I don't think AWIL will be a headliner like two years ago because it won't be that different, but it will still draw lines (being the first line guests see will help too).

Tier 3: Moderate (30+ every night, up to 2 hours on peak nights)

Psychoscareapy/Body Collectors
Alice

If Alice didn't have TWD right next door it'd be in the bottom tier. Run would have been in this tier if it wasn't scrapped.

From what I have heard (from a reliable source):

-Alice in Wonderland will not be the 3-D house this year
-Run 3 is actually something else
-Freddy v Jason and Anniversary House locations swapped

Ok I've updated it again. So is Run supposedly the location of the Body Collectors now or something?

HHN%2025%20Speculation%20Map_3.png

Ok I've updated it again. So is Run supposedly the location of the Body Collectors now or something?

HHN%2025%20Speculation%20Map_3.png

I believe Psychoscareapy and Body Collectors will be separate, with Psychoscareapy being the 3-D house this year.

Also, the reason for suggesting the location change of the Anniversary House to where it is is because it's been strongly hinted that it will take the same path as Walking Dead last year, therefore making it, once again, "the longest house ever". But the exact locations are all just educated guesses.