Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Shrek seats are able to be easily removed in sections for refurbs/repairs..

If all the seats are taken out that would leave a ton of space to work with..There is also a pretty high ceiling in the theater which would provide some unique effect opportunities..

I think the main thing to remember is Shrek is able to stay open while this is all going on. With the two pre show rooms, two theaters and separate entrance / exit this bad boy could be easily constructed with little impact on the actual attraction. I mean its the best of both worlds operations is happy cause the attraction remains open and a second theater isn't needed even during the busiest of days and Entertainment is happy cause they get to build a house in a new location with no interference from other projects. Win win!!

I think the main thing to remember is Shrek is able to stay open while this is all going on. With the two pre show rooms, two theaters and separate entrance / exit this bad boy could be easily constructed with little impact on the actual attraction. I mean its the best of both worlds operations is happy cause the attraction remains open and a second theater isn't needed even during the busiest of days and Entertainment is happy cause they get to build a house in a new location with no interference from other projects. Win win!!

Yes, it was a real V8 idea just sitting there waiting to be thought of.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Shrek seats are able to be easily removed in sections for refurbs/repairs..

If all the seats are taken out that would leave a ton of space to work with..There is also a pretty high ceiling in the theater which would provide some unique effect opportunities..

David Letterman's whole theater was dismantled in a day, I think they can remove the seats quickly!

For Shrek couldn't they use the side entrance near the Brown Derby smoking area? They have some big double gates there that could probably be easily opened and provide a decent sized entrance and exit, bonus points it could potentially enter and exit through 1 or 2 scarezones.

That's what I was thinking. Other possibility could be that the entire street between Shrek and Monster's Cafe could be closed (up until where that barrier for the TF M&G is) for queue space.

Will be interesting nonetheless.

can somebody actually compare the space of the theater? Just trying to rap my mind around how big of a house can we expect in there. And i would assume they would use the preshow room as part of the house as well??

I'm leaning towards the entrance next to Brown Derby then to exit out through the normal Shrek entrance (a little confusing I know) Much like how Disaster works.

can somebody actually compare the space of the theater? Just trying to rap my mind around how big of a house can we expect in there. And i would assume they would use the preshow room as part of the house as well??

I'm concerned about the house size as well. But more importantly than that, I can't begin to imagine just how many people there are going to be in the Plaza of the Stars area in general. On busy nights that area is packed shoulder to shoulder almost non-stop. Now they want to add another house right in the middle of it. Just imagine some of the largest lines you've seen, now take all those people and place them in an area that is already packed and what do you get? I'd also like to know how this influx of people is going to affect the scare zone that is generally placed there.

Even if they direct the foot traffic in the best way possible, I'm still feeling skeptical about overcrowding.

There had to be a better place toward the back of the park that could have been used. There is a whole area back there that hasn't had any HHN attention since the Jaws ride got demolished. That was a sad day.

I'm concerned about the house size as well. But more importantly than that, I can't begin to imagine just how many people there are going to be in the Plaza of the Stars area in general. On busy nights that area is packed shoulder to shoulder almost non-stop. Now they want to add another house right in the middle of it. Just imagine some of the largest lines you've seen, now take all those people and place them in an area that is already packed and what do you get? I'd also like to know how this influx of people is going to affect the scare zone that is generally placed there.

Even if they direct the foot traffic in the best way possible, I'm still feeling skeptical about overcrowding.

There had to be a better place toward the back of the park that could have been used. There is a whole area back there that hasn't had any HHN attention since the Jaws ride got demolished. That was a sad day.

So, I guess you are saying that Mike Aiello and his design team aren't very smart and haven't thought this through very well. And I guess you are also saying that you know the measurements inside the theater and that it will in no way be enough room for a decent house...

That sounds like what you are saying... which I guess is ok...

Proof will be in the pudding... right?

Reactions: theuoleaker
Sound stage 44 was a challenge and they made it work right?? I have nothing but faith in Mike & his team. At the end of the day we are fans and this is what Mike and his team do for a living. I also have to say they are the best in business at doing it. So why don't we just sit down hold on tight because its going to be a hell of a ride. ** Mic drop** :happy:

So, I guess you are saying that Mike Aiello and his design team aren't very smart and haven't thought this through very well. And I guess you are also saying that you know the measurements inside the theater and that it will in no way be enough room for a decent house...

That sounds like what you are saying... which I guess is ok...

Proof will be in the pudding... right?

I said I was concerned about the size.
I don't know the exact measurements, but I'm pretty sure that 1 theater from the Shrek 4d attraction isn't as large as a whole SS and probably not as large as 1 of the pop-up tents.

As far as the design team... What is their real objective? When they design the houses, is their priority to keep crowds smaller? Am I wrong if I say that their goal is to get more people to attend? Adding another house(#9) could theoretically help them do that. Unless safety becomes an issue due to traffic, why would they even care? I just hope they aren't adding a skimpy 9th house just for the sake of saying the event is now larger than ever. That proof will be in the pudding.

Lines are a real problem for many of the guests already. Jamming another house where a good portion of them already are could be problematic. It is already packed in that area on busy nights... yes or no? Using common sense, anyone can see that there will be even more people there now. How would spreading out the foot traffic away from the front of the park be a bad idea?

I was not concerned about the size I was just curious what the actual size of the theater is.... More interested in the logistics of putting the actual house in there.... Tent houses have alwsys intrigued me by how much they can put in there and then be able to put some of the best houses I ever been in... So as for the shrek theater I just wanted specs and what you guys thought would be the set up of the actual house inside the theater

- - - Updated - - -

And also anybody got detail why the mib got cut? Always thought that would be plenty big enough. Heck knock everything down back there and u have even more room.. I don't think I've seen them use that extended queue in years.... Also why not just put up a third and even a fourth tent? Isn't there plenty of room behind mib in the back corner for a tent?

I was not concerned about the size I was just curious what the actual size of the theater is.... More interested in the logistics of putting the actual house in there.... Tent houses have alwsys intrigued me by how much they can put in there and then be able to put some of the best houses I ever been in... So as for the shrek theater I just wanted specs and what you guys thought would be the set up of the actual house inside the theater

- - - Updated - - -

And also anybody got detail why the mib got cut? Always thought that would be plenty big enough. Heck knock everything down back there and u have even more room.. I don't think I've seen them use that extended queue in years.... Also why not just put up a third and even a fourth tent? Isn't there plenty of room behind mib in the back corner for a tent?

A third tent was the plan for a while but got scrapped not too long ago.

I would guess it was a cost decision. Those tents are pretty expensive especially compared to using something they already have.

While I don't the costs involved with a tent, I do know that Shrek gave them pause due to the expense of covering (understatement) the chair plates. It all comes out of the HHN budget as I understand it.

While I don't the costs involved with a tent, I do know that Shrek gave them pause due to the expense of covering (understatement) the chair plates. It all comes out of the HHN budget as I understand it.

I've heard of those tents costing between $100,000 - $200,000. Of course there are so many variables it's hard to know what the tent they would have wanted would have cost. They are advertised as an alternative to a traditional building not necessarily something temporary.

Actually here's a used one on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-SPRUNG-CHURCH-BUILDING-OR-WAREHOUSE-88X148-NEW-VINYL-NEW-LINER-INSULATED-/281083457969

Last edited: