Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
2jam4iq.jpg

This looks like this was shot between either SS21 and 22 or 22 and 23. Unless they would shoot off site. But that's what it looks like to me. Wondered what your all takes on it are or if anyone actually knows.

It seems like people are always saying B&T used to be better and comparing current versions to past versions. I think one factor is our memories alter our expectations. Every show inevitably has a different tone and feel and sometimes our memory of past shows changes our perception of the newer shows. If you go back and watch some of the older ones I don't think they really hold up too well to the current level of the show. The older ones are great, but I can definitely see a progression from year to year. I completely expect people 5-10 years from now to be saying 2015 was the hey day of B&T, I think the past always seems better to us even if it is not.

Nostalgia and the memories are definitely a big factor, and I have definitely had a pretty good share of them. Bill & Ted is one of our favorite things about HHN and it is always fun speculating on what they will target next year. I get excited everytime one of the songs comes on the radio (My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark just came on!!!! *Metal Fist* *Metal Fist*)

The biggest thing I miss is when the videos of past B&T were replaced with Stupid Human Tricks videos. The old videos brought so many memories back it made the show much much better, things like Demon Babies, Obama vs McCain, The Twins, so many great things... it really helped build the camaraderie of the fans and also helped amp everyone up. Without it the crowd isn't as pumped and as a result it is nearly impossible to start a wave anymore.

2jam4iq.jpg

This looks like this was shot between either SS21 and 22 or 22 and 23. Unless they would shoot off site. But that's what it looks like to me. Wondered what your all takes on it are or if anyone actually knows.

It's funny I was thinking the same thing. It would make sense to use that location as it's closed off to the park and gives them the freedom to work there to shoot uninterrupted. It also would make sense not to go off site as it would increase the chances of the reveal of Jack leaking.

The best part to me is that if they indeed used that location it's so very fitting since so many of us spend so much time standing in those breezeways for HHN!

Nostalgia and the memories are definitely a big factor, and I have definitely had a pretty good share of them. Bill & Ted is one of our favorite things about HHN and it is always fun speculating on what they will target next year. I get excited everytime one of the songs comes on the radio (My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark just came on!!!! *Metal Fist* *Metal Fist*)

The biggest thing I miss is when the videos of past B&T were replaced with Stupid Human Tricks videos. The old videos brought so many memories back it made the show much much better, things like Demon Babies, Obama vs McCain, The Twins, so many great things... it really helped build the camaraderie of the fans and also helped amp everyone up. Without it the crowd isn't as pumped and as a result it is nearly impossible to start a wave anymore.

Yes it would be great to see some footage of the past shows incorporated. I would love to see something like the segment below from 2010 either this year or maybe next year for the 25th anniversary.

[video]https://youtu.be/5jTHRSgE2rU?t=3m22s[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Has there been any recent rumors about Krampus maybe being turned into a house? I would love to see it be one especially sense the movie seems to be using puppetry/cgi so I would like to see how universal could translate that to a house.

If you find the show offensive than it's not for you, just don't watch it. Some people find blood and gore offensive many of the houses or even HHN isn't for them. I think it's great if an event can deliver a broad range of content to make a lot of people happy.

I literally just... Never mind.

@SeventyOne: I would hope that the Jack show is coming back. Death Drums was probably the best show I've seen at HHN, and I would honestly love a drum-heavy live music show involving horror characters, always have. If the dark humor concept was paired with this (and good writing), I could imagine a show with attendance rates just as high as B&T.

@Orlando Guy: My opinions are the only ones I can account for. My hopes for the show to be gone are the hopes of one singular person. I have a sense of humor and I have loved horror films since I was 10 years old. The event is as much mine as it is that of everyone else. That being said, I know a lot of people (i.e. random HHN guests at the parks I'd talk to while I was working there, friends, etc.) that simply don't think B&T is up to the par that it once was, or simply didn't watch it out of disinterest. That is all.

Next topic, please. I asked if anyone thought projectors would be used at all? Projection mapping was cool in the past.

It's funny I was thinking the same thing. It would make sense to use that location as it's closed off to the park and gives them the freedom to work there to shoot uninterrupted. It also would make sense not to go off site as it would increase the chances of the reveal of Jack leaking.

The best part to me is that if they indeed used that location it's so very fitting since so many of us spend so much time standing in those breezeways for HHN!
This was shot after hours at around 11pm when everyone is gone and it is just the night shift. Add a little water on the ground a spot light and some fog and you have a great quick shoot. I would say that this shoot included more than just him.

It seems like people are always saying B&T used to be better and comparing current versions to past versions. I think one factor is our memories alter our expectations. Every show inevitably has a different tone and feel and sometimes our memory of past shows changes our perception of the newer shows. If you go back and watch some of the older ones I don't think they really hold up too well to the current level of the show. The older ones are great, but I can definitely see a progression from year to year. I completely expect people 5-10 years from now to be saying 2015 was the hey day of B&T, I think the past always seems better to us even if it is not.

yeah maybe it is nostalgia, maybe. But the show felt more organized in the past. even if the jokes were just as silly, the "story" each year would have felt a little more concise, it felt like when characters from movies would show up it was because they were related to the subject being talked about in some way, now sometimes it feels like they add celebrities or characters just because they happen to be popular at the moment. little things like that

Death Drums was probably the best show I've seen at HHN, and I would honestly love a drum-heavy live music show involving horror characters, always have. If the dark humor concept was paired with this (and good writing), I could imagine a show with attendance rates just as high as B&T.

for me Death Drums was also the best show in HHN. I miss it a lot actually. I have always wanted the show to come back to a stage like the bettlejuice stage or something like that

Maybe Bill and ted could be a little darker or something.

So with the 9th house being in Shrek/extended queue (JDW recently updated that MIB is a no-go), it should be interesting to see how that'll turn out. Though I kinda' shudder thinking how the line's will be considering it's smack dab in the front of the park.

So with the 9th house being in Shrek/extended queue (JDW recently updated that MIB is a no-go), it should be interesting to see how that'll turn out. Though I kinda' shudder thinking how the line's will be considering it's smack dab in the front of the park.

I think it'll cause a huge logjam of people with SS21 and Despicable Me's (and potentially Shrek's) queue entrances right across the way. Perhaps they relocate the queue entrance on the Terminator side of the queue?

Also you run into questions about the house exit. Do they run it through the Shrek gift shop?

Finally a Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life haunted maze!

In all seriousness there is a ton of space from Transformers to Hollywood for backstage queue and exit space

For Shrek couldn't they use the side entrance near the Brown Derby smoking area? They have some big double gates there that could probably be easily opened and provide a decent sized entrance and exit, bonus points it could potentially enter and exit through 1 or 2 scarezones.