Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
JDW is saying MIB's extended queue is the new location while OI said a few weeks ago it'll be in a soundstage. The tent seems to be off the table.

Pretty sure we got the location yesterday in this thread.

Well, never found one to do that in his previous 5(?) appearances, but here's hoping.

Honestly I don't know what it would be. Before I went to my first B&T, sounded kind of dumb. These things are lightning in a bottle.

Singapore had a Jack show last year. Could be something similar.

[video]https://youtu.be/5sjW7r0efNU[/video]

Well, never found one to do that in his previous 5(?) appearances, but here's hoping.

Honestly I don't know what it would be. Before I went to my first B&T, sounded kind of dumb. These things are lightning in a bottle.

JS beat me to the Singapore show.

Also, in 2007 Jack had this show at HHN:

[video=youtube;WTupU1Ol1do]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTupU1Ol1do[/video]

JS beat me to the Singapore show.

Also, in 2007 Jack had this show at HHN:

[video=youtube;WTupU1Ol1do]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTupU1Ol1do[/video]

I feel fairly sure it won't have a lot in common with that show. But then again, all I've heard is pretty vague...I dont have the same connection some of you do.

That being said, I do think I have a pretty good idea of what the house lineup is and I think some of you guys will be surprised by at least one of them.

Awesome news to hear that the HHN staff looked at that list to get some feedback, really quite unbelievable and luckily the fine gents running the mad house did a pretty good job with it.

It wouldn't be HHN without B&T, and I would be super upset if it ever left. In my mind, HHN and B&T are inseparable and paired at the hip.

Yes, considering B&T has been a part of the event every year since they started calling it HHN it certainly wouldn't be HHN without B&T.

Because I hate the show and have never found it amusing.

Something about getting made fun every year of under the guise of "they're making fun of everyone so don't be offended" that really irks me.

Don't ever see Book of Mormon then...

bill and ted are pretty much the equivalent of this lol:

[video=youtube;tihG_2BSUqg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tihG_2BSUqg[/video]

a live version of those kind of movies

Awesome news to hear that the HHN staff looked at that list to get some feedback, really quite unbelievable and luckily the fine gents running the mad house did a pretty good job with it.

It wouldn't be HHN without B&T, and I would be super upset if it ever left. In my mind, HHN and B&T are inseparable and paired at the hip.

i just think the writing needs to be a little bit better. Bill and ted used to be funny before, i remember it was a lot more clever and a lot more funny before the last few years. lately it has been weird on the humor. kind of stale and relying too much on silly humor. most if the time the jokes feel like bad improv.
i remember i used to love going to it but now i barely want to.

That was when Aiello was directing the show. Remember the new director hasn't had nearly as much experience at this point yet but still this is hands down the best show Universal has even in its current form.

Bill & Ted has always been pretty silly and occasionally offensive, but it also used to be more cerebral or even political in it's heyday. It used to be a little more Simpsons than Family Guy. Saying that, they know what the crowd want.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I don't think I was aware you could skip B&T, the only mandatory thing to do at HHN. :rolleyes:
Must agree though, it does eat the crowds away for a bit.

What I think I should have said was that there is a severe lack in horror-themed shows for me. I'd like more of that, and more dark-themed comedy a la Horror Makeup Show. I'm just so bored with all this Family Guy comedy that's poorly written. It's just got no taste for me.

Oh, and I'm genderqueer and an androphile (I don't identify with a gender and I have relationships with boys) with a very protective personality for the underprivileged, so a majority of the jokes just make me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed to be in the show. Even while drunk. I wish I could overlook it and laugh along, but it's not catered to me, and it kinda hasn't been since I first watched it. Sorry.

Reactions: HalloweenStar
That was when Aiello was directing the show. Remember the new director hasn't had nearly as much experience at this point yet but still this is hands down the best show Universal has even in its current form.

It seems like people are always saying B&T used to be better and comparing current versions to past versions. I think one factor is our memories alter our expectations. Every show inevitably has a different tone and feel and sometimes our memory of past shows changes our perception of the newer shows. If you go back and watch some of the older ones I don't think they really hold up too well to the current level of the show. The older ones are great, but I can definitely see a progression from year to year. I completely expect people 5-10 years from now to be saying 2015 was the hey day of B&T, I think the past always seems better to us even if it is not.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I was aware you could skip B&T, the only mandatory thing to do at HHN. :rolleyes:
Must agree though, it does eat the crowds away for a bit.

What I think I should have said was that there is a severe lack in horror-themed shows for me. I'd like more of that, and more dark-themed comedy a la Horror Makeup Show. I'm just so bored with all this Family Guy comedy that's poorly written. It's just got no taste for me.

Oh, and I'm genderqueer and an androphile (I don't identify with a gender and I have relationships with boys) with a very protective personality for the underprivileged, so a majority of the jokes just make me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed to be in the show. Even while drunk. I wish I could overlook it and laugh along, but it's not catered to me, and it kinda hasn't been since I first watched it. Sorry.

If you find the show offensive than it's not for you, just don't watch it. Some people find blood and gore offensive many of the houses or even HHN isn't for them. I think it's great if an event can deliver a broad range of content to make a lot of people happy.

more dark-themed comedy a la Horror Makeup Show.

I would get behind this 100%. More importantly, I think many guests would as well, especially if word of mouth was good.

I remember the 2007 Jack show well. Entertaining, but nowhere near the "people-eater" B&T is. Rocky Horror and the various magic shows haven't been either. Death Drums was pulling some solid crowds by the end of its run, but only lasted 10 minutes and had limited space to watch, so effects on lines were minimal.

If I was a betting man, the only thing I think might have a chance of rivaling B&T would be a revival or "re-imagining" of the Ghostbusters show. I think that's a big enough IP to get the attention of Joe Orlando and Johnny UCF.

Bill and Ted has made a name for itself and its position as an HHN staple or "tradition" is what makes it so successful. I dont think any new show will be able to replicate it until it has been an established part of the event for a while.

I'm not really a huge Bill and Ted fan but I get the appeal. If youre offended by it...really? I hate the attitude now that if *I* don't like something because it steps on *my* opinions then it should be gone for everyone. But maybe that's just me

I love the Bill & Ted show. To me, it's just another bonus for attending. A couple years back I even remember discussing with my wife that if they cancelled Bill & Ted we wouldn't go back to HHN. Since we've been attending, 3 out of the 4 years (last year didn't count) my wife ended up being chosen by one of the actors to dance with them during the final routine. Each time she was chosen, it was totally hilarious to us because of all the famous people being portrayed, it was the most fitting choice for that year. For instance, the 1st time, Jacob from Twilight came over and was getting down (and we make fun out of Twilight ALOT), the next time it was Charlie Sheen (at the height of his Winning campaign we actually went to one of his shows while he went on tour after he got booted off 2 and a Half Men), the last time it was Sheldon from Big Bang Theory (which my wife watches behind my back because I can't stand that show mainly because of Sheldon). But the underlying theme in all this is that when you go to shows like this (or any for that matter), you should be there to have fun and get into it. I mean, why not, you only live once, so enjoy life. I remember the 1st time we went to the show at HHN 20, we couldn't believe how many zombified sticks in the mud that were in the crowd (it was the scariest part of HHN). The show was going on and all the people sat there looking like like zombies staring at the stage, no laughter, no applause, totally not getting into it. Not only that, but I noticed that security was actually positioning people next to guests who had those flashing cups (souvenir cups for mixed drinks).It was really strange. Luckily for the show, it only was like that back then. Since then, I've noticed the crowd has gotten more into it. However, I do believe that last year's show was possibly the worst one they've had since I've attended. First off, they didn't even go into the crowd during the finale dance routine. I also found that the story (if you can call it that) was also the weakest in the past 5 years. I will say this about the show as well... the older you get, the less funny it is probably going to be. A good portion of the references in pop culture tend to be associated with the younger generation (not all, but much of it). I like to think of the Bill & Ted show as a measuring stick of how old I am. Will there come a day when I go and I no longer get any of the jokes? I certainly hope that day never gets here.

Chance, Eddy and hopefully tiny should return. As a group they are pretty much the best HHN has to offer in terms of icons. Hilarious, twisted and tons of fun