Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's World of Color

I adore DL and I even love DCA now.... But WOC is very overrated to me.

It's no fantasmic and is probably equal or slightly better than universals cinematic.

I think this show is an acquired taste...

Put it this way if fantasmic at DHS was replaced with it I think I'd actually cry :'( even in the sorry state that its in at the moment.

I adore DL and I even love DCA now.... But WOC is very overrated to me.

It's no fantasmic and is probably equal or slightly better than universals cinematic.

I think this show is an acquired taste...

Put it this way if fantasmic at DHS was replaced with it I think I'd actually cry :'( even in the sorry state that its in at the moment.

I think the people who want WoC in DHS don't 'get' the show or have seen it in person.

I personally love WoC, I love fountains and all the cool things they can do. But I can also see how people don't care for it as much.

The World of Color show platform would require a lagoon twice as wide as the Fantasmic one for itself, never mind the surrounding lighting rigs.

World of Color was specify designed for California Adventure and probably wouldn't as good installed anywhere else. The show is designed around it's backdrop of California Screamin and the Ferris Wheel. And that is to say nothing of the fact that a lot of people feel Fantasmic lost a lot of it's glamour when it got copied from the streets of Disneyland into an amphitheater (half because of the lost show scenes, and half because it just doesn't look as good).

There is something to the Disney magic that there is an entire show taking place where you'd never expect (Fantasmic for example you can walk on the stage all day without knowing it's the stage)

Honestly, there is no other fountain show that can top this. NONE. This makes universals show look like if I were to get two garden hoses with LEDS at each end and wave them side to side.

DCAs new holiday show. You guys need to check this out.

[video=youtube;KxLGzoAYUt8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxLGzoAYUt8[/video]

Last edited:
Let it Go segment is breath taking...the rest of the show is pretty good, but I don't think anything can top World of Color the original

New World of Color for Disneyland's 60th

[video=youtube;WK38wHBNOJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK38wHBNOJM[/video]

Original reaction: It's good but missing something, dosen't scream 'spectacular' like all the other iterations of WoC...thoughts?

To be honest, I was not overly impressed with the videos of the original WoC but once I saw it in person I was won over entirely. Since I am headed there in two weeks, I am reserving judgement. I will let you know how it is in person.

I live in LA so I've seen the original many times. I will say this reminds me a lot of the winter special show they do. It lacks the 'WOW' of the original because it isn't a non-stop onslaught of Disney classics. The original show transitions seamlessly from scene-to-scene without the need of commentary. Neil Patrick Harris (despite the fact I love the guy) is a bit of a buzz kill for a show like this. The only part that struck a moment of awe with me in this show was Star Wars.

I do hope they eventually switch back to the original. They would update that with current films all the time (Brave, Pirates, etc), so just throw in Frozen and Star Wars and were golden!

Once again, Disney proves they are the best in the business when it comes to shows. Check it for yourself.

[video=youtube;WK38wHBNOJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK38wHBNOJM[/video]

Makes me excited for what coming to Animal Kingdom.

This video is taken from furthur away. Its a long video but check out from 20min to the end. That finale though!
[video=youtube;79_M6M3eGns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79_M6M3eGns[/video]

Last edited:
I find this new WoC completely terrible. Rumor has it Iger budged in a few weeks before debut and demanded changes, then Marvel was removed at the last second for other reasons.

I find this new WoC completely terrible. Rumor has it Iger budged in a few weeks before debut and demanded changes, then Marvel was removed at the last second for other reasons.
You can tell something happened with this and the show at Disneyland...smells of corporate..