Hello Kitty Coming to Universal | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Hello Kitty Coming to Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think a lot of people are missing the fact that this is aimed at a demographic that is more or less ignored at the Studios. The Disney Princess crowd has little incentive to buy any of the existing merch. This could capture some of that money when their brothers and families drag them to UOR.

Yea, it's not for us, but I assume UOR will make it look nice and it'll fill a need.

I told my two oldest girls about the store, who are exactly in that princess demographic at 4 and 5 years old, and you would have though I had told an adult they won the lotto with the reaction I got from them. :lol: Slowly but surely chiseling away piece by piece of the Disney pie that is for sure

Im sure the kids will enjoy it, but this is about as exciting as light beer to me. I'm also not really in the Hello Kitty demographic so...

My wife is over 40 and I think she is a bigger Hello Kitty fan than my 9 year old daughter. I don't get it at all, but I am starting to fear trips to UOR as the family already spends too much time in the gift shops.

I think Hello Kitty is a genius choice. Its not male centered and its attracting a niche audience along with Nintendo that Disney isn't hitting and its gonna be so funny seeing this roaming through the park..

9-hello-kitty-unhappy-old-man.jpg

Ah so this is why the shop selling HK crap in Celebration closed down :ack:

The wife will be happy, but she's a MUCH bigger Disney fan than HK. They'll get a small piece of the pie with store, but unless they go big with attractions

Anyone have a guess as to when this would start (I know it's a hard guess) I'd like to at least record the Lucy "attraction" before it's gone.

I like a good kitty but I'm not into Hello Kitty. That's ok, there is a HUGE demographic who loves this and will go out of their way to visit a destination store that is as much an experiance as it is a store. It's good to see Universal is diversifying it's portofoly and I'm sure this Kitty will nible at the mouse. With the influx of azian guests I'm sure Universal will do great with this.