Hello Kitty Coming to Universal | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Hello Kitty Coming to Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can we all address how years ago we envisioned Hello Kitty Store, F&F ride, Godzilla Ride and Pokemon/Nintento Tokyo Area in the parks...

Might not all be in the same area, but I think its a safe to say we are going to get all these IP's in the near future :whoo:

Godzilla?

Looks like Sanrio is ready for Universal.
iLXpMgw.jpg

I wonder if there will be simple automated Kitty's that will tilt side to side all happy like. That and this music playing on the store system:

Who wants to work in that store and hear this all day long? o_O

We always spend a good amount of time browsing through the Lucy exhibit. I still enjoy it even though I've spent so much time there. But, there's generally very few people passing through, so I can see why they're going in another direction. I'd rather it stay, but this exhibit doesn't seem to be much of a draw anymore.

Just curious, did what you had heard end up being it? Am I just really hard on Hello Kitty haha?

Yes, it did. I just think Hello Kitty applies to a demographic that Universal struggles a bit to attract. I have zero interest in it myself, but do know there is a massive cultlike following that will spend money like it's coming out of its metaphorical weiner. I'm more interested in whether the interactive experiences will be limited to just meet & greets...

Reactions: Blue and Quint
What meet & greets do Universal currently do and are they daily like the ones at Disney? I ask because I know Hello Kitty will draw more of that crowd, and I think Nintendo will just bring even more of that crowd. Now they have an opportunity for Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Zelda, Pikachu, etc meet & greets. I don't think Universal has ever had this much potential with a brand until now.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
What meet & greets do Universal currently do and are they daily like the ones at Disney? I ask because I know Hello Kitty will draw more of that crowd, and I think Nintendo will just bring even more of that crowd. Now they have an opportunity for Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Zelda, Pikachu, etc meet & greets. I don't think Universal has ever had this much potential with a brand until now.

You got that right. For the first time they'll have an array of mascots that people actually care about.

The ones that seem to be hits are the Simpsons, Marvel characters (especially Spidey), Transformers, and lately - the Raptors.

Movie Grinch gets a good crowd as well, but that's only seasonally.

Reactions: Blue
The ones that seem to be hits are the Simpsons, Marvel characters (especially Spidey), Transformers, and lately - the Raptors.

Movie Grinch gets a good crowd as well, but that's only seasonally.

Even Dora, Diego, Scooby and the Minions I see lines for when they are out and seem to be popular.

Even Dora, Diego, Scooby and the Minions I see lines for when they are out and seem to be popular.

The kids all know those characters. Dora and Diego are known by about everyone under 20 in the US, I don't know about world wide. Surprisingly my kids know Scooby from the movies not the original cartoon.

The Minions are heading into a world of their own.

Yes those are all very popular characters.