Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
ha ha...sorry, haven't been paying attention as you can tell.

The house they did two years ago must have been themed with that awful reboot they made. Hopefully a Evil Dead house featuring Bruce Campbell would be a little more humorous. Like That Penn and Teller house a few years back.

It was off the reboot, but was still a good house. Also, did you see the reboot? It wasn't bad at all, IMO

Reactions: SeventyOne
it was ok. I'm just not big on reboots, and from what I remember I wasn't that impressed. I'm a huge Evil Dead fan though...and I remember thinking it didn't "feel" like an Evil Dead movie when I saw it.

Reactions: JungleSkip
It was off the reboot, but was still a good house. Also, did you see the reboot? It wasn't bad at all, IMO

That house was excellent, probably my favorite that year (yes, even over AWIL). The film itself is actually quite good and holds up. It goes in a very different direction than the Campbell main series.

maybe you'll get lucky next year and they will make a house based on "fear the walking dead" instead...lol

have they made a house from any Del Toro properties yet.?

That house was excellent, probably my favorite that year (yes, even over AWIL). The film itself is actually quite good and holds up. It goes in a very different direction than the Campbell main series.

It was probably my second or third favorite that year. AWIL was my first, and either ED or CitW was second

maybe you'll get lucky next year and they will make a house based on "fear the walking dead" instead...lol

have they made a house from any Del Toro properties yet.?

I actually think FtWD would be interesting, if only because it would be a house where civilization is still a thing.

HHNH is getting Crimson Peak this year form del Toro. I think that's his first HHN house.

Only saw the original Evil Dead (and Army of Darkness), the haunt was much like it, so I guess the reboot movie pretty much was more of a remake. Somehow though, I did not think that much of the haunt, am not sure why ... I did it twice, and both times I was underwhelmed. Funny thing is I really wanted to like the house.

Is it weird that I would find that a blessing in disguise?:lol:

As long as the result of the carnage is good, then not at all.

A&D has done some of their finest design work when put under insane time pressures (see 2012's House of Horrors.) It also tends to give them much more freedom than they typically enjoy (which is why we got the "duck down" tunnel that's now become a staple.)

I wouldn't mind marketing being knocked down a peg, either. This is the game you play when you deal with other peoples' properties. I knew Scream's handlers were ridiculous after Murdy's dealings with Scream 4 in Hollywood... but man.

As long as the result of the carnage is good, then not at all.

A&D has done some of their finest design work when put under insane time pressures (see 2012's House of Horrors.) It also tends to give them much more freedom than they typically enjoy (which is why we got the "duck down" tunnel that's now become a staple.)

I wouldn't mind marketing being knocked down a peg, either. This is the game you play when you deal with other peoples' properties. I knew Scream's handlers were ridiculous after Murdy's dealings with Scream 4 in Hollywood... but man.

I think, depending on what's been fabricated, they could definitely turn lemons into lemonade. I really enjoyed House of Horrors, and would love to see what they can do here.

While I don't really have any issues with the "leaked list" not being what I thought it would be, I'm way more afraid that something last-minute caused a plug to be pulled on something half-built or fully realized which would result in a loss in quality for whatever winds up quickly replacing it.

So something is happening with Scream, very interesting. I'm guessing it had to do with fighting between the show and movie?

I couldn't even begin to tell you what's going on. Just reading between the lines from what others are saying around the intertubes.

If Scream really is out, I have to wonder how much of the house had been built. If they had already gotten to work, I think an easy way to save the house would be to make it a Director house where he's filming a "real" slasher film. Same sets could be used, all they'd need is an easy replacement for Ghostface and add the Director in here or there. Maybe a queue video to set up the story.

If nothing's been built, I'm super interested to see what they do. What location is Scream again? A tent, right? Would love to see them bring back something like Bloodngutz, but wouldn't hold my breath there