Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What rides (not houses) will be open during HHN?

Despicable Me, Rockit, Transformers, Mummy, MIB, Simpsons

Will Gringrotts be open? If not, will Diagon be open?

Neither has been open so far.

Is Express Pass still pretty much required to see all the houses? It was last time we went.

If you're only going one night, then yes, Express is required.

Does the Express Pass work on all rides as well?

Yes.

I want to go, but I really want to see Diagon as well. It will be such an awful tease if it's not open.

When I went last time Express didn't work on Rock It. Has that changed?

Express is very recommended, not required (Unless you're going during the busier weeks like Hell Week, then it's required)

You can do everything in 1 night without Express, but you will not have a lot time to breathe. :lol:

Gringotts will be open. As for what else would be expected to be open I would look at one of last years maps. From my memory E.T., Twister, Disaster and Horror Makeup Show were closed. I noticed certain rides like Twirl and Hurl were only open on the really busy nights. I believe express works on all rides, but I've never used it so can't say for certain.

I plan on using Diagon the most this year just because of space. I mean if it were strictly logistics I'd be at Finn's every time cause of the house locations but too crowded is an understatement..

Last year I waited once at Finn's, all the other times at Duff Gardens. The other problem I find with Finn's -besides it being more crowded- is that I think they often let you out later because they have to wait 'till the park is cleared and since they clear from the back to the front, Duff (and London) get cleared faster. If memory serves me right, a lot of times at Duff they let you out by 17h45. Never tried London, migth have to try that this year. How are the logistic for London? I mean, the area still remains open for people coming from IOA, so is it the part by Grimauld that is used as a holding zone?

The other problem I had with Finn's last year is that the one time I used it of course had to be when AvP had technical difficulties. AvP was the first house to open, but ... and by the time I got out Walking Dead was 45 minutes and the reason why I had waited at Finn's was for Walking Dead lol, so in all the days I went that was the only time I did Walking Dead, all the other houses I did multiple times. I am always with my daughter (11 now) and never stay late (often I leave by 20h) so for me a lot depends on getting a good start.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I have some Gringotts TM friends who have told me that they were told they will be open for HHN. Nothings for certain I guess, but they are certainly under the impression they are working the ride on event nights.
Unless it is for people coming from IOA. If I remember correctly, last year Diagon stayed open for an hour or so for people taking the HE from IOA, but they then had to take the HE back to IOA. I'd love it though if it kept open, might help with the crowds a little bit.

Reactions: Eckert
Unless it is for people coming from IOA. If I remember correctly, last year Diagon stayed open for an hour or so for people taking the HE from IOA, but they then had to take the HE back to IOA. I'd love it though if it kept open, might help with the crowds a little bit.

That only happened, if I remember correctly, a few days and then they stopped it.

As for Express, I believe it is also stated in the fine print that Gringotts is not included in the HHN express pass.

I also wonder if Shrek would be closed this year due to the house in that location.

Never tried London, migth have to try that this year. How are the logistic for London? I mean, the area still remains open for people coming from IOA, so is it the part by Grimauld that is used as a holding zone?

Everything open until around 5:15 - 5:30 (bars may have been later, but ice cream line cut off around then). Free to wander mixed in with the IoA guests, not that I saw any. People begin lining up outside Grimauld very early, eventually TMs start encouraging you to join the line. Scan your ticket and let you into the park.

I think they release at the same time as Duff. But obviously less distance to cover, which probably gives Duff about a 2 minute advantage. (Or more if you go opposite the crowd and head to KidZone).